FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Android on Omnia 7

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By psaico, Junior Member on 23rd March 2011, 04:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is possible to install Android on this terminal?? There is already project?
 
 
23rd March 2011, 05:59 PM |#2  
xdamir's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Hi, your questions is answered here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=959173

Please do not post unreasonable questions. Administrator, please close this thread.
2nd March 2013, 09:31 PM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I own a Samsung Omnia 7 because i found on eBay for 65 Euros and i really love the good display and the metallic cover.
Why i want Android instead WP7? because i can't find the apps i need: a "fing" like or the battery percentage indicator.
Why i don't get a SII or SIII ? i don't have enought money...
3rd March 2013, 03:52 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teovenezia

I own a Samsung Omnia 7 because i found on eBay for 65 Euros and i really love the good display and the metallic cover.
Why i want Android instead WP7? because i can't find the apps i need: a "fing" like or the battery percentage indicator.
Why i don't get a SII or SIII ? i don't have enought money...

Android will never come to a Windows Phone. There are alternative apps, just look longer than a second. Don't complain here that there are not enough apps. Buy a cheap Android phone, search for apps or just forget about their existence on other platforms, but don't complain here.
10th May 2013, 12:10 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Read before making snarky comments...
"Android will never come to a Windows Phone... "

@NdotGdot -- shot yourself in the foot a bit there -- a quick check on XDA will tell you that several Windows phones have successfully been converted to Android. My own backup phone (for when/if I cock up my SGS2 -- is an HTC HD2 happily running CM10 or JB as the mood takes me and new ROMs appear).

...and in case you think I was just trolling -- I'm actually looking to see if there's an Android port for my brothers Omnia 7.

The guy (Teovenezia) wasn't complaining, just asking (he's obviously unhappy with his WP7 as is my brother).

Be tolerant brother...
10th May 2013, 12:55 PM |#6  
DilanChd's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 1,637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot

"Android will never come to a Windows Phone... "

@NdotGdot -- shot yourself in the foot a bit there -- a quick check on XDA will tell you that several Windows phones have successfully been converted to Android. My own backup phone (for when/if I cock up my SGS2 -- is an HTC HD2 happily running CM10 or JB as the mood takes me and new ROMs appear).

...and in case you think I was just trolling -- I'm actually looking to see if there's an Android port for my brothers Omnia 7.

The guy (Teovenezia) wasn't complaining, just asking (he's obviously unhappy with his WP7 as is my brother).

Be tolerant brother...

Android will never be ported on Omnia 7!
11th May 2013, 02:14 AM |#7  
pLUSpISTOL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
More
The HD2 is a unique case. So your answer is NO the Omnia 7 will never run a stable, usable version of Android.
Go and buy an Android phone if you want Android, duh.
11th May 2013, 01:05 PM |#8  
DilanChd's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 1,637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL

The HD2 is a unique case. So your answer is NO the Omnia 7 will never run a stable, usable version of Android.
Go and buy an Android phone if you want Android, duh.

11th May 2013, 02:40 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot

"Android will never come to a Windows Phone... "

@NdotGdot -- shot yourself in the foot a bit there -- a quick check on XDA will tell you that several Windows phones have successfully been converted to Android. My own backup phone (for when/if I cock up my SGS2 -- is an HTC HD2 happily running CM10 or JB as the mood takes me and new ROMs appear).

...and in case you think I was just trolling -- I'm actually looking to see if there's an Android port for my brothers Omnia 7.

The guy (Teovenezia) wasn't complaining, just asking (he's obviously unhappy with his WP7 as is my brother).

Be tolerant brother...

Some Windows Mobile phones can run Android, but non of the Windows Phone phones can. Windows Mobile is something else than Windows Phone. There won't be Android and that's it. Have fun or try to have fun with your Windows Phone or buy a phone with Android
8th October 2016, 07:05 AM |#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
i don't know you , but i have already loved you ! keep the good work you knight <3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes