[LINKS] Nexus One FRF72

Search This thread

hmanxx

Nov 15, 2008
Hi,
I am on FRF50 Non rooted ROM. if I were to upgrade to FRF72 . Is the process reversible ,I mean revert from FRF72 to FRF50 without rooting it..

deenn

Sep 26, 2008
the alarmclock notification has a new interface!!!!!
:(

no memory boost/speed increase/batterylife increase reported here

bohlool

Jun 21, 2010
Unstable FRF72

I am experiencing instability :( with FRF72, I didn't had any problem with FRF50, Even one time my phone hangs and I forced to restart it, but everything back to normal after that. I think it should be some compatibility problem between the app I have and FRF72 specially Launcher Pro. Anybody else had any problem like that? (By the way, this is my first post on xda-developers, I am checking this forum for years now, but recently I bought a N1 and decided to participate a little in this forum :) )

gibosn6594

Jan 22, 2010
I haven't seen it mentioned, but the issue with Google Voice needing to be tapped twice or crashing after opening is fixed with 72.

MaFi0s0

Feb 13, 2010
@deenn My EDGE stopped working after moving to FRF72. Are you facing any such issues?

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

My edge has been acting up since 2 days ago, cant switch to it manually anymore, that was with FRF50, its still happening now with FRF72.

Try selecting your network operator again, this worked for me.

jcrabapple

Jul 13, 2009
Martinsburg WV
Not sure if this has something to do with FRF72 or what. But it seems that since the update I will get occasional delays in the Swype keyboard. I'll be swyping along and suddenly it will hang, I'll keep swyping words and after a second or two it will catch up and display the words I swyped. Could be a problem in the newest Swype beta too.

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
In fact a couple more of us already questioned it. You just didn't notice our posts.

Had 40ish mb in FRF50 and 40ish in FRF72.

Thank you, I actually did see one response a few pages back but I considered 1 relatively equal to 0. Anyway glad to know there are multiple others. I realized the second article mentioning the mem boost was reporting on phandeoid which reported the boost so I guess its just a reporting mistake...no biggie I just didn't want to be left out :)

ilanad

Jun 28, 2008
Thank you, I actually did see one response a few pages back but I considered 1 relatively equal to 0. Anyway glad to know there are multiple others. I realized the second article mentioning the mem boost was reporting on phandeoid which reported the boost so I guess its just a reporting mistake...no biggie I just didn't want to be left out :)

I repeat

FRF50 I had 28meg internal showing in SD and phone storage, now have 54meg.

After a few days, it's gone down to 42meg, but there is absolutely an increase.

jeehalte

Jan 25, 2009
I updated my phone this morning and my phone has stopped switching between Edge and 3G. It now stays on 3G with a very strong signal.

sergey.povzner

May 31, 2010
Bay Area, CA
www.bongizmo.com
After reboot, the location issue came back. Location detection through 2G/3G in maps/browser doesn't work with wi-fi and gps disabled. This is the only issue so far, everything else works great.
Am I the only one having location detection issues after reboot?

It's easily reproducible: location detection via 3G doesn't work after reboot with wi-fi and gps off. So far I've seen only one other report of a similar problem. This may be not just in FRF72, but in FRF50 as well.

platinumandroid

Apr 5, 2010
Orange County
@ilanad

The reason your internal memory has dropped is due to the browser cached files go to settings,applications,manage applications,all applications,scroll down to browser,tap it,clear cache.hope this helps

Bigscout79

Jun 11, 2010
Anyone else having issues with tethering?

frf50 worked great with wpa2 encryption, but I can't connect with it enabled now. Open works fine still.

edit:
Scratch that - turns out it was client based not phone that was the problem.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    md5sum ... someone ?

i haven't found a sum anywhere, does someone have one ? i'd rather not flash an -uh-oh- ;-)