Need Help in Unlocking bootloader via official method, fastboot driver problem

Search This thread

ELFofWAR

Sep 4, 2012
i decided to unlock bl via official method
i follow every steps and instruction given by the sony website
but im stuck in the process of installing the fastboot driver
13.On your computer, you will be asked for drivers. Point to the usb_driver folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and select the Android Boot loader Interface-file.
i already replaced the android_winusb.inf-file that downloaded from sony website, and i also able to enter fastboot mode (LED turn blue), and i installed the google usb driver rev 7.
but when i connect phone to my computer and point the device to the usb_driver folder, nothing take place, it said: ''windows could not install driver''
plz help me to continue :highfive::highfive:

Reactions: armanke13

kaustubhatzenith

Sep 18, 2011
San Jose

i already replaced the android_winusb.inf-file that downloaded from sony website, and i also able to enter fastboot mode (LED turn blue), and i installed the google usb driver rev 7.
but when i connect phone to my computer and point the device to the usb_driver folder, nothing take place, it said: ''windows could not install driver''

try the option to " let windows automatically download drivers "

ELFofWAR

Sep 4, 2012
try the option to " let windows automatically download drivers "

i try already and its not working :(

---------------------------------------------updating----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i success by installing the fastboot driver within the flash tool and the device is automatically recognize by the computer.
juz curious why the steps provided not work with my computer
and my device in fastboot is ADB interfaces instead of Android Boot loader Interface-file.

Last edited:

mihahn

May 26, 2012

---------------------------------------------updating----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i success by installing the fastboot driver within the flash tool and the device is automatically recognize by the computer.
and my device in fastboot is ADB interfaces instead of Android Boot loader Interface-file.

Have you set up Android SDK? That's necessary! And install the drivers provided in flashtool (flashtool installation folder>drivers).

Just check out my signature, there's a tutorial with pictures based on the sony guide, for unlocking the bootloader ;)

Reactions: ELFofWAR

koolpanku

Jun 28, 2014
Fatehpur Shekhawati
stuck to the step

Bro will you plz explain step by step how you get the flasboot driver.....i didnt find the Android Boot loader Interface-file. Please help.... i have to downgrade my xperia u to GB. Please help.....:(:(:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    13.On your computer, you will be asked for drivers. Point to the usb_driver folder where you placed the android_winusb.inf-file, and select the Android Boot loader Interface-file.

Have you set up Android SDK? That's necessary! And install the drivers provided in flashtool (flashtool installation folder>drivers).

Just check out my signature, there's a tutorial with pictures based on the sony guide, for unlocking the bootloader ;)