htc confirms froyo for legend in 2 weeks

Search This thread

kylecore

Jun 20, 2010
Chatham
I just read this over on phandroid here's a link just take out the space after the .

phandroid. com/2010/06/22/htc-delivering-froyo-to-the-htc-desire-and-legend-within-the-next-two-weeks/

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
let's just hope you are right about this i'm dying to see froyo on my legend and starting to regret for picking legend over desire

gubble5

May 13, 2010
let's just hope you are right about this i'm dying to see froyo on my legend and starting to regret for picking legend over desire

same here.. but still looks cooler than Desire :)
except the "antenna" at the bottom, it's quite loose, the only thing that I don't like hardware-wise :)

hope that Froyo will improve it software-wise :D

Last edited:

gubble5

May 13, 2010
by the way, just checked the original source (a german site) and they have update from today - we are not getting Froyo in two weeks.. everything is indefinite.... :(

c1nu5

May 21, 2010
Here is the original source.

Translated by google:
HTC has denied through his PR agency, that there will be two weeks in an operating system update for the Desire and the Legend. The statement was based on a misunderstanding. It is certain that the HTC Hero will receive in the next two weeks, his update to Android 2.1. In the update for the HTC Desire remains vague and will deliver an update to the third quarter. Whether and when to upgrade to the Legend Android 2.2 get, you do not know yet.

mercuryzzz

Jun 24, 2008
To me this more and more sounds like the Legend is definitely not getting FroYo. They would confirm it by now otherwise (like they did for the Desire).

what? you're totally wrong, htc and desire will have froyo in the same time as they had the other updates together in the past.

kylecore

Jun 20, 2010
Chatham
Well I've heard multiple times before this that customer service reps from htc have also confirmed the update to froyo for the legend. The most recent being an email from a customer service rep stating that the user fear not about his flash playing troubles because android 2.2 and incidentally flash 10.1 would be released for the htc legend within the next 2 weeks.

Follow this up by the recent release of flash 10.1 for android 2.2 and the release of the android 2.2 source code being released today the statement of "within the next 2 weeks" seem to be exactly what is happening. Not only is android 2.2 pretty much here but will be available sooner rather then later. To add further flame to the fire htc repeatedly said android 2.2 will be supported by almost all 2010 devices and with the desire being more widely available and more powerful it is more likely to be put in with definite android 2.2 compatible even though the desire and legend get almost always get updates at the same time.

The most likely reason the statement was pulled? Well it must simply be due to google not publishing the source code yet, thus letting people essentially know froyo is ready.
Htc most certainly can't pull the plug on 2.2 before google itself does. But! Now that it has published final froyo source code it is 99.9% done and is most likely waiting to be uploaded to the server.

My uneducated guess is that we'll see froyo on the legend by mid july at the latest.

Also not sure if anyone thought of this, but bell (and indirectly virgin mobile canada) are not stupid companies. They are introducing a new android phone and thus throwing massive amounts of ad $ and marketing into it, from both bell/virgin AND htc itself. Remember this is virgins FIRST android set and bells 4th or 5th, they would most likely have talked to htc to make sure the device is upgradeable to the newest android. They just started selling it, they aren't going to allow it to be out dated within the month its released! If the did it would be a waste on advertising and a waste of introducing a new phone.
That's just my 2 cents, but it seems very logical to me, how about you?

owenw

Sep 22, 2007
Wellington, NZ
Well I've heard multiple times before this that customer service reps from htc have also confirmed the update to froyo for the legend. The most recent being an email from a customer service rep stating that the user fear not about his flash playing troubles because android 2.2 and incidentally flash 10.1 would be released for the htc legend within the next 2 weeks.

Follow this up by the recent release of flash 10.1 for android 2.2 and the release of the android 2.2 source code being released today the statement of "within the next 2 weeks" seem to be exactly what is happening. Not only is android 2.2 pretty much here but will be available sooner rather then later. To add further flame to the fire htc repeatedly said android 2.2 will be supported by almost all 2010 devices and with the desire being more widely available and more powerful it is more likely to be put in with definite android 2.2 compatible even though the desire and legend get almost always get updates at the same time.

The most likely reason the statement was pulled? Well it must simply be due to google not publishing the source code yet, thus letting people essentially know froyo is ready.
Htc most certainly can't pull the plug on 2.2 before google itself does. But! Now that it has published final froyo source code it is 99.9% done and is most likely waiting to be uploaded to the server.

My uneducated guess is that we'll see froyo on the legend by mid july at the latest.

Also not sure if anyone thought of this, but bell (and indirectly virgin mobile canada) are not stupid companies. They are introducing a new android phone and thus throwing massive amounts of ad $ and marketing into it, from both bell/virgin AND htc itself. Remember this is virgins FIRST android set and bells 4th or 5th, they would most likely have talked to htc to make sure the device is upgradeable to the newest android. They just started selling it, they aren't going to allow it to be out dated within the month its released! If the did it would be a waste on advertising and a waste of introducing a new phone.

Go read about the HTC Hero. HTC's all about wasting time.

BesFen

Mar 11, 2008
Surabaya
Good news, i am waiting it. BTW, does anyone have link to stock ROM froyo for any device? Pls give me the link, i'll try to port it for legend.

Thanks.
Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

kylecore

Jun 20, 2010
Chatham
Go read about the HTC Hero. HTC's all about wasting time.
Well, HTC may be about "wasting time" but I assure you a phone carrier isn't about wasting money on a device that will essentially be obsolete within the month they release it. Case in point no north american phone carrier's are introducing any android devices that aren't running android 2.2 or able to upgrade to it, why should bell/virgin mobile be any different?
BesFen said:
Good news, i am waiting it. BTW, does anyone have link to stock ROM froyo for any device? Pls give me the link, i'll try to port it for legend.

Thanks.
Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk
The legitimate release hasn't been release, although litterally 5 minutes ago I saw reports on endgadget that small ota's of frf83 we're infact being pushed out via ota right now.

Also in this forum section someone is currently developing froyo and hopes to release it by the weekend, maybe send that person a pm?

mercuryzzz

Jun 24, 2008

I totally agree witjh you. Froyo for legend is sure as it is sure for desire. These two phones will receive the update in the same time I think . Anyway your point is the only point with a sense. I think the same.

kylecore

Jun 20, 2010
Chatham
I totally agree witjh you. Froyo for legend is sure as it is sure for desire. These two phones will receive the update in the same time I think . Anyway your point is the only point with a sense. I think the same.

well i'm glad someone does. but you are right, this is currently all speculation and my point.. although it does all seem to add up correctly.

i guess only time will tell, but i'm not worried :)

mihalyf

Jun 13, 2008
it's confirmed too by HTC European customer service

I've got confirmed as well by the European customer service by an E-mail that a 2.2 upgrade will be available for the Legend in a month. :) I'm counting back too everyday.

prasannavl89

Nov 6, 2009
I've got confirmed as well by the European customer service by an E-mail that a 2.2 upgrade will be available for the Legend in a month. :) I'm counting back too everyday.
@mihalyf, Could you please post a screenshot of the email or a proof of the confirmation from customer service?

.. Well, blurring out whatever you think is necessary of course.. :)

mihalyf

Jun 13, 2008
@mihalyf, Could you please post a screenshot of the email or a proof of the confirmation from customer service?

.. Well, blurring out whatever you think is necessary of course.. :)
here you are :)

.... I am sure you can appreciate that it is out of bounce for me to promise an exact date on the launch of the new upgrade.

I can however say that this upgrade will come during this month.

Sorry I cannot be more specific about this. ....