2,044 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,023

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2016, 06:05 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticulus

If it's not painfully obvious, these are not "official" carbon builds. This device is not officially supported by any ROM. As stated in the OP these builds are available at my blog:
http://meticulus.co.vu

Hey man, thanks for replying!
I went over to your website and downloaded all the roms on there for the sgh-t599. I tried flashing each one in secession, but one after the other, they all failed with the same error. I have twrp recovery on the phone to flash the zips and- for the below error- I was using trying to flash carbon 5.1.1.

Code:
Formatting System..
Mounting System...
Installing System...
assert failed: run_program("/tmp/blobinstaller.sh") == 0
E: Error executing updater binary in zip '/external_sd/CARBON-5.1.1-METICULUS-20160728-0825-codinalte.zip'
Updating partition details...
I have my thoughts as to what may be wrong, but since you are da masta developer here, what do you think?

3rd September 2016, 07:51 PM |#272  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
What is your baseband version?
What version of twrp do you have?
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2016, 08:45 PM |#273  

More
Quote:

What is your baseband version?
What version of twrp do you have?

The baseband version is (t599)WXAMJ1
Twrp version is 2.7.0.0
4th September 2016, 12:38 PM |#274  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepigfarm

The baseband version is (t599)WXAMJ1
Twrp version is 2.7.0.0

Hmm... I have never heard of this baseband before and your version is TWRP is out of date and I don't know if it will work.

Here is what to do if you are on Windows.
1. Download winrar
2. Open the download zip with winrar
3. Open "blobinstaller.sh" in winrar
4. Change this line: https://github.com/Meticulus/android...staller.sh#L67 to match your baseband.
5. Replace the file in the zip.
6. See if it flashes, if not update to at least TWRP 2.8.0.0
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2016, 04:37 PM |#275  

More
Quote:

Hmm... I have never heard of this baseband before and your version is TWRP is out of date and I don't know if it will work.

Here is what to do if you are on Windows.
1. Download winrar
2. Open the download zip with winrar
3. Open "blobinstaller.sh" in winrar
4. Change this line: https://github.com/Meticulus/android...staller.sh#L67 to match your baseband.
5. Replace the file in the zip.
6. See if it flashes, if not update to at least TWRP 2.8.0.0

YYEEEESSS!! That was it! It just wouldn't run because the version wasn't added in there because, yes, I'm starting to think this phone is one of a kind xD. You are like my new best friend. I've been trying to get a custom rom on this thing for a month; the custom binary installed counter was up to about 96! I was trying to get a custom rom on here because the internal memory has about 1 gig on it..... which the system takes about half of that, and the stock rom screwed me without letting me transfer apps to the 32 gig sd I just bought for it :P.

Anyway, thanks so much man! I really owe you, and I'm glad to see you're still active and helping people out!
5th September 2016, 12:45 PM |#276  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepigfarm

YYEEEESSS!! That was it! It just wouldn't run because the version wasn't added in there because, yes, I'm starting to think this phone is one of a kind xD. You are like my new best friend. I've been trying to get a custom rom on this thing for a month; the custom binary installed counter was up to about 96! I was trying to get a custom rom on here because the internal memory has about 1 gig on it..... which the system takes about half of that, and the stock rom screwed me without letting me transfer apps to the 32 gig sd I just bought for it :P.

Anyway, thanks so much man! I really owe you, and I'm glad to see you're still active and helping people out!

I'm glad it worked. This should work for any of my ROMs for codinalte. I will add the baseband to future builds.
18th October 2016, 06:58 AM |#277  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for a great ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to sparktologist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sparktologist Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
carbon rom, codinalte, sgh-t599, sgh-t599n, sgh-t599v

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)