157 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By IndigoHD, Senior Member on 12th June 2010, 05:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2015, 07:14 PM |#31  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)
Thanks Meter: 391

More
I have used hp format tool on 64gb card, perhaps card reader being used has some role in it not working for everyone.
Another tool which was recommended to me was GUI32Format which seems work for majority of people (attached below)
Rather good that the HD2 can handle the formatting itself though
Glad to see you still using WM too feel like i'm last one left at times ...

I have the red/gey sandisk & been faultless to date (used about 2+yrs) .
Will be keeping backup refreshed bit more frequently from now though I think ...
Attached Files
File Type: zip GUI32Format.zip - [Click for QR Code] (32.7 KB, 12 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister B For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister B Ad-Free

5th February 2015, 07:19 PM |#32  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)

More
sorry. please delete . double post .
19th February 2015, 12:42 PM |#33  
Flag Noumea
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Hi guys !

Nope, you're not alone. My WM 6.5.3 / Sense / CHT / many software / 64 GB micro SD card setup is just working too good to be dropped.

I also have gathered half a dozen used HD2s to test ROMS etc. (including other OSes) so I can try a lot of things, but I'm still using my modified Energy ROM for everyday use (and it's actually heavily used, being my pocket desktop )

It never fails me, though I'm a bit annoyed since the local operator chosed to displayed all incoming numbers in +0(country code)(phone number) format, as the callers can't be identified anymore... And now there's the weather update problem.

It's probably not so hard to address, but I guess it would involve modifying some exes or dlls... And we've probably lost our finest WinMo developers and hackers a long time ago now.

Anyway, the HD2 seems to just not have any limit for external storage (which isn't quite surprising from Windows Mobile, considering I could plug and browse a FAT32 formatted 120 GB hard drive using Cotulla's USB host driver), that's why I was dreaming about an 128 GB micro SD... LOL

Thanks for the tool, Mister B. I know about it already, but it's not the one I was usually using, I do'nt know why... I'll give it a try.
19th February 2015, 01:11 PM |#34  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)

More
^ Much the same as myself, tweaked my energy ROM for years & it just too damned good for my usage to drop.
Did have a spare HD2 that did some ROM testing on but sold that on, may try picking up another used one with dead digitizer for fixing & playing again.
My weather update works fine, do believe it very easy change the address for weather service as a regstry entry! too long since done it to remember but for sure you will figure it out easily.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mister B For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mister B Ad-Free
20th February 2015, 03:32 AM |#35  
Flag Noumea

More
Actually, the weather problem occurs only about cities in your list.

Automatic location still returns weather data, but you can't manually update it.

Here's the topic about it (here isn't the right topic ^^ lol) :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/wind...ymore-t3022295

I'm beginning to think it's only related to a change in Accuweather cities identifiers coding method...
24th February 2015, 10:11 PM |#36  
Flag Ratchada (Bangkok)

More
I think no need dream about 128gb sd as prices are more reasonable these days, has 128gb been tested in the hd2 !
Transcend was recommended to me as good buy in my region in term of decent product decent pricing (64gb 300x around 25USD) & lower risk of fake item & product faults .
64gb is all I really need in my hd2 & that size is really cheap anywhere these days.
2nd March 2015, 08:31 AM |#37  
Flag Noumea

More
Yes, that was my choice for now, and I could even find a cheap one locally !
3rd October 2016, 01:43 AM |#38  
Flag Noumea

More
New 256 GB model works flawlessly ! ^^

LOL
22nd October 2016, 04:21 PM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z80-Man

New 256 GB model works flawlessly ! ^^