By Pinraiser, Junior Member on 21st May 2009, 09:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th May 2009, 10:36 AM |#21  
Flag right here!
Thanks Meter: 0

Donate to Me
More
SOLUTION
What version of igo 8 are you using? I had the same error message you have, it turned out I was using a version of igo8 that wasn't totally compatible with my phone. Once I installed a 100% compatible version it was fine.

The version I'm using is 8.3.2.64029 from nov 7 2008, if you can't find this version let me know.

Also, you do NOT want to use the 240 x 320 resolution, you should use 800x480 and the highres setting in [rawdisplay] should read: highres=0. You can also use 400 x 240, but you have to change the highres setting in [rawdisplay] to: highres=1

igo 8.3.2.64029 is compatible with both resolutions. If you end up using another version, this is how you determine what resolution(s) your version is compatible with: (please forgive me if you already know this)

Open the data.zip file which is in the top level igo8 directory.
Navigate to the ui_igo8 folder and open it.
Each compatible resolution will have a folder in the ui_igo8 folder, ie; ui_igo8\400_240
ui_igo8\800_480

If you see 2 folders with the same resolution, but reversed:
ui_igo8\400_240
ui_igo8\240_400
400_240 is for landscape
240_400 is for portrait

I don't know why this is done as you can change your screen from portrait to landscape or vice versa in the advanced settings section of igo8 without the need for 2 seperate resolution folders.
Here are some things I have in my sys.txt:

[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[loading]
show_progressbar=0
show_statustext=0

[rawdisplay]
driver=gdi
class="landscape"
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
highres=0

If you would like to see the entire file, let me know. It's really long, that's why I didn't post it here.

Please let me know if you have any other question & good luck!

peace,
stacy

27th May 2009, 08:13 PM |#22  

More
it seems i'm not alone in experiencing frustrations with igo 8

i can get it to work fine on my touch plus and tmobile mda compact 3 but not my touch pro - really frustrating.

can some pm me and help as i haven't been able to resolve it from the information on this thread.

cheers
27th May 2009, 08:20 PM |#23  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by srieman

Please let me know if you have any other question & good luck!

peace,
stacy

stacy, i send you a pm!
27th May 2009, 08:23 PM |#24  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freco

Check your PM.

Thanks freco

i wil follow up your instructions, thanks again!
10th July 2009, 12:54 AM |#25  

More
Fresco you sated "Folder Content should not be empty. It has to contain the following folders,

Building -> (files to see buildings on the map, can be empty though)
Dem -> (file to see mountains etc, can be empty though)" I'm frunning igo8.0.044898
I can't get buildings and terrains. My Buildings folder contain .3dl files. Should I delete them?
15th July 2009, 05:23 PM |#26  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgtrix

Fresco you sated "Folder Content should not be empty. It has to contain the following folders,

Building -> (files to see buildings on the map, can be empty though)
Dem -> (file to see mountains etc, can be empty though)" I'm frunning igo8.0.044898
I can't get buildings and terrains. My Buildings folder contain .3dl files. Should I delete them?

Sorry for my late response but I was away for vacation with no internet access.
No. You should not delete them. You need them to see buildings.
But have in mind that not so much buildings exists at the moment for every country.
As newer 3dl files released you will see more.
Finally these files are not necessary for iGO8 to work.

Good luck.
16th July 2009, 10:46 PM |#27  

More
same here
Quote:
Originally Posted by techkills

i cant get igo8 to work on my Fuze either! its driving me insane. it looks like it is about to open up fine and then it just shuts off. i have tried everything u guys have suggested here, please let me know if you find a solution.

thank you =/

igo8 seems to install well i also made a shortcut to programs but when i tap the icon it looks like it's thinking and nothing happens.

any idea way?

thnx =)
14th August 2009, 08:20 PM |#28  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 80

Donate to Me
More
My fuze is doing the same thing all installed and i click on the icon and nothing happens even if i go to the directory and click on the exe it still does nothing....kinda confusing.
24th June 2010, 07:42 PM |#29  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Logan, UT
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
try launching igo in landscape mode. my expo does not launch unless it is in landscape mode. i can later close my phone with igo still running and go into portrait mode.

btw gps it not working at all on my expo what did you guys have to do to get gps working?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)