slow camera opening

Search This thread

ScareIT

Aug 19, 2016
I have AL00 version and I found the same issue. I found it's quite slow on the first opening, then it seems slow every time I activate the wide opening / bokeh function.

Jack_R89

Oct 3, 2015
Well I received a fairly generic response but at least it didn't dive in for the standard "do an FDR". They asked about storage capacity and settings on the camera.

Told them it is default with priority to internal storage and same slow load with stock camera, Open Camera and Z Camera all slow on first boot.

I have asked specifically if they have a customer accessible hardware test (Samsung have one on the dialler as *#7353# or *#0*#) will see what they say

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
just close the camera app from recent app and wait for 5 minutes . then open the camera and it will takes about 5 seconds to show

What do you think ? i tested it with closing the App and waited 10 Mins ! i even restarted the Phone.

Still around 1-2 Seconds, with the Standard Cam.

I think its the Software (mostly if you have switched on some Gimmicks : Bokreh, or HDR), because with Bokeh or HDR it takes a bit longer on my Phone too : 4,3 Secs. (+/- 0,2 Secs).

Last edited:

Jack_R89

Oct 3, 2015
try this :
*#*#121314#*#*

Cool thanks. Hardware test works fine, so doubt this would be resolved with repair.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

What do you think ? i tested it with closing the App and waited 10 Mins ! i even restarted the Phone.

I think its the Software (mostly if you have switched on some Gimmicks : Bokreh, or HDR), because with Bokeh or HDR it takes a bit longer on my Phone too : 4,3 Secs. (+/- 0,2 Secs).

This is not to do with Gimmicks. The camera is on default setting and is loading into auto setting when launched.

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
As said it'S only with hdr and bokeh a bit slower on my Device. Auto/Pro Mode 1-1,4 Secs and thats all ok for me.

Cam works perfectly for me, it takes very good pictures.....dont need more then that.

Device was build Aug 2016.

hamud.q

May 8, 2011

the problem not with taking pictures , it's all about opening camera application . sometimes and randomly it takes to long and you will miss what you want to capture .

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
just close the camera app from recent app and wait for 5 minutes . then open the camera and it will takes about 5 seconds to show

the problem not with taking pictures , it's all about opening camera application . sometimes and randomly it takes to long and you will miss what you want to capture .

Again i know, but it works at my Device..point.

otherwise then the found Problem with recording 60fps Videos, where the Liveview gets laggy..thats the only thing i can confirm.

I'm sure both Problems are Software related,even if the Opening Problem is just on a Batch of Devices.

Report it to Huawei, and i'm sure that they will fix it, if they are able to reproduce the Problem.

http://xdaforums.com/p9/how-to/problem-want-report-to-huawei-t3487378

Last edited:

hamud.q

May 8, 2011
can you test this for me ? install snapchat and try to record video using it and check if camera zoomed in automatically ?

kaliberx

Oct 29, 2010
NRW
I dont and will not use Snapchat ;)

But i'be send Reports to Huawei, as everyone should do. More Reports = faster fixes (if there is something to fix).

safc1978

Jun 9, 2010
Think i have fixed it.

I think i have sorted this on my phone

went to Settings, Apps, Advanced, Ignore Optimisations and then Allowed the Camera App.

This has made a world of difference on mine, opens up in about 1 second now where before it was the 2 -5 seconds like people were reporting.

Give it a try.

I'm running on EE in the UK version EVA-L09C440B139, which is the upto date version with EMUI 4.1.1.

Reactions: Velfess and Co5min

Co5min

Oct 29, 2011
Timisoara
It truly does make a difference. It's almost instant now whereas it needed 2sec before. Thanks a lot for this finding.

Jack_R89

Oct 3, 2015
Tried the Ignore Optimisation suggestion. Still freezes during camera opening, take in between 2 and 10 seconds to be ready to take a shot.

Jack_R89

Oct 3, 2015
Okay, so I seem to have this issue somewhat under control. I went through all my apps and amended the protected apps to only the ones I really need notifications for and ditched a custom theme I was running for a stock one called serenity. I have had no issues for about 72 hours. Will keep an eye on it.

hamud.q

May 8, 2011
Okay, so I seem to have this issue somewhat under control. I went through all my apps and amended the protected apps to only the ones I really need notifications for and ditched a custom theme I was running for a stock one called serenity. I have had no issues for about 72 hours. Will keep an eye on it.
Can you confirm if the the problem fixed?

hamud.q

May 8, 2011
I just changed my phone to Htc 10 . Really like the p9 but I can't live with this problem and the restrictions on Lock screen notification .

Reactions: alamdartct

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok here is my info in case it helps..
    EVAL09
    C432B180

My device is unrooted and stock rom, I use Nova launcher with several widgets.
    Protected apps are:
    Whatsapp.
    Onefootball
    Facebook
    Poweramp
    Microsoft Authenticator
    Duolingo
    Nova
    Open Camera

From lock screen the ultra fast unlock and shoot takes 1.1 to 1.5 seconds
    +1 second to show the standard camera view screen for subsequent shooting after the initial shot is taken.

Standard camera from Icon on Nova Launcher home page, phone unlocked.
    1 second for camera app to open and be ready
    less than 1 second after first photo to be able to take next photo / go to gallery literally a screen flash / animation as a take a photo and it is ready.

Open Camera
    Similar to above - pretty much instant / 1 second time, I don't have tools to record it as is so fast.

I am saving to SD card, I have SD priority turned on.

Can you update to B180 version?
    Prior to this i was on B166? or something like this as i only got the phone last week. I experienced same speed with both builds and my phone setup in terms of launcher / protected apps stayed the same with both softwares.
    Think i have fixed it.

I think i have sorted this on my phone

went to Settings, Apps, Advanced, Ignore Optimisations and then Allowed the Camera App.

This has made a world of difference on mine, opens up in about 1 second now where before it was the 2 -5 seconds like people were reporting.

Give it a try.

I'm running on EE in the UK version EVA-L09C440B139, which is the upto date version with EMUI 4.1.1.
    Hey, does anyone else find that the camera on the P9 takes a good 5 or so seconds from clicking the app to it actually displaying the image(this happens randomly but not always)? I find it stays black for a few seconds before it finally displays what the camera sees. Every other app is quick to open though ?
    Time for the dreaded factory reset. Will add apps in batches and see if I can identify anything. If not will definitely be a core software issue.
    do you mean there is no problem when change to nova launcher or what? And now you are on EMUI 4.1 or 4.1.1 ?
    Me?
    I started on 4.1 and now on 4.1.1.
    I had no problem on either build.
    I tried the phone without Nova for a day and from what I recall it was same performance wise.
    Since then I run Nova on 4.1 and 4.1.1 but I didn't try 4.1.1. Without Nova.

Point is more about I am getting consistent speeds with different EMUI builds and using a launcher and having multiple protected apps open that OS removed to test camera performance.

Does the OP have the latest builds and is that the issue?
    Or a bad install that could be fixed by reset?

Sent from my Hauwai P9 EVA-L09 using Tapatalk