[ROM][7.1][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 14.1 for Galaxy S3 [Dec 07, 2016]

Search This thread

dioen

Aug 13, 2013
I think I have dependency to reboots. More days of using rom causing more reboots. First days 1-2 reboots, now almost 10 per day. It seems like it was in early CM13. Ram management?

Reactions: xpduyson

JohnSmit268

Build 20161031 Download: AndroidFileHost

Changelog:
- Added H+ icon in the status bar
- Updated CM14.1 sources
I dirty flashed it over the previous build. Everything working fine, just like before, and I noticed that the soft reboots in these two builds are lower. But one strange problem happened for me, after dirty flashing, non of my Google apps was working, and my Google accounts were removed. Then I found out that my Google Play services app was gone!! That was kinda weird, so now I'm forced to clean install the build. Will report back after clean install.

fonfox

Oct 4, 2014
Kassel
Thanks for Update. Rom is smooth.
Over night one reboot and Wifi down must reboot again to Start Wifi.
Is the murato Wifi fix included or should i flash it.

Reactions: hummerh2back

xEmre66

Apr 23, 2016
Vienna
You should wait a little bit, or switch between 2G and 3G and change your mobile network access point profile (sometimes it stuck one WAP instead of 3G).

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Because this is my first build and I'm not very confident :D If you want to test I will upload soon :good:

Edit: Uploaded! Please use Google Drive while wait for my android file host get upload access

cm-14.1-20161031-UNOFFICIAL-i9300.zip
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7yWEj89s7W6V0tIVkNBUGRqN1k

changelog: everything before Disable L1/L2 Cache Error Kernel Panic commit https://www.cmxlog.com/14.1/

Thanks bro!

poulette73

Feb 12, 2012

Changelog:
- Updated CM14.1 sources
Thanks a lot pesci2k for all your work for these builds, and all devs working on CM14.1 !! :good:
Just flashed this latest 20161031 over the previous one, without any wipe to preserve parameters, personal settings, applications, and everything else.
(I stayed with stock kernel and I9300UBUGNK1 baseband).

Then I've downloaded the latest Open Gapps (ARM_7.1_nano_20161101) and flash over it.

Everything continues to function perfectly on my i9300 :
  • Stock Camera : saving pictures on external SD Card.
  • Footej Camera : for recording movies on Internal storage.
  • Wifi works perfectly, 3G data also, GPS is still ok.
  • Finally everything works : Phone, Contacts, SMS/MMS, Play Store and Google apps (Skype, Youtube...) Titanium backup, SuperSU v2.78, and all my apps...
  • No FC and no reboots for the moment.

I'm very happy and I continue to follow this topic with enthusiasm.
Many thanks again ! ;)

Picture with my H data connection :
657368Image1.jpg

hummerh2back

Apr 3, 2009
Kirovohrad City!
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
I'm very happy and I continue to follow this topic with enthusiasm.
Many thanks again ! ;)

How about battery drain for you in 31 build? Because for me battery so fast drain... 29 build verry good, but 31 fast battery drain =(
My options update:
Have 29 build -> update 31 build -> make wipe cache -> reboot! All work good, but this is for battery problem =(

Reactions: mohand06

poulette73

Feb 12, 2012
How about battery drain for you in 31 build? Because for me battery so fast drain... 29 build verry good, but 31 fast battery drain =(
My options update:
Have 29 build -> update 31 build -> make wipe cache -> reboot! All work good, but this is for battery problem =(
Sorry I do not have enough perspective to compare the 20161031 and the previous one.
But the problem of battery consumption is altogether very personal. We don't use our smartphone in the same way. ;)

Some people leave the wifi and/or data connection permanently, me not. Same thing with GPS.
Some play games a lot, and I very little. Therefore difficult to compare between ourselves discharge rate of our smartphone.
And I'm not talking about the age of the battery, if it's an original and an official Samsung, etc
What I can just pretend today, I think in my case the battery has a correct discharge time, compared to the CM13 version. :good:

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

And still nothing about video recording camera?
Try and download Footej Camera

Other download links :
Mirror link 1
Mirror link 2

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012
is this 14.1 not for d2tmo? i downloaded this file cm-14.1-20161031-UNOFFICIAL-i9300.zip for my tmobile s3. get error this file is for device m0, i9300, GT-I. My device is d2tmo.

i thought d2tmo and i9300 are the same. guess not.

Last edited:

LuciferIII

Feb 26, 2016
Prizren
Guys,for some reason i now have 14.68 GB space?? Didn't know this ROM comes with more storage :D
.....*turns off sarcasm*
No seriously,a bug maybe...
Sry for no screenshot,i cant upload atm,buggy Xda labs i think

Edit: ok here
20161101_151024.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Scorpionea

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer

Flash at your own risk. I will not take any responsibility for bricked devices, lost data, or any other kind of damage
    Some of you will not follow rules or be annoying; this will only cause me to ignore this thread.

These are UNOFFICIAL/DEVELOPER builds of cm-14.1 for i9300 device and by NO means is this something special or "mine". 100% credits goes to CyanogenMod contributors.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Downloads

CyanogenMod 14.1
    Android File Host: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=125173

Google Apps (optional)
    OpenGapps: http://opengapps.org (use an ARM, 7.1 zip).

FAQ/Frequent Statements

Q0: When ${THING}?
    A0: No ETAs. Don't ask.
    Q1: But when will you get to building it?
    A1: See Q0/A0.
    Q2: How often will builds be produced?
    A2: Whenever I get to them and feel like uploading.
    Q3: But ${THING} isn't working for me. I cannot live without ${THING}.
    A3: Not surprising, these are very alpha builds.
    Q4: Xposed?
    A4: Don't know. Maybe, maybe not. I'll ignore you if you complain about something and are using Xposed.
    Q5: Can I complain about something?
    A5: I'd prefer not, but be prepared for me to ignore you.

Features

What works:
    • A lot of stuff

Doesn't Work:
    • CM ThemeEngine - Not ported to CM-14.1 yet
    • Other stuff

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 14.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
    pesci2k, forkbomb444
    Source Code: https://github.com/CyanogenMod

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-10-27
    Last Updated 2016-12-07
    Here we are.

forkbomb has fixed all remaining issue with SELinux and now we are ready to get into official CM. :victory:
    Actually there is some problem with OTAs and custom recovery but as soon as this is resolved we will get official nightly.

Maybe I should release one last build... :crying:
    Build 20161202 Download: AndroidFileHost

Changelog:
    - Fixed Mali driver crashing when screen turning off (fade off animation is re-enabled)
    - Fixed GPS not working from previous build (20161130)
    - Updated CM14.1 sources

If you flashed 20161130 you should upgrade to fix GPS. It's ok to dirty flash.
    With the longstading graphic bug fixed I think that official CM release is closer. ;)
    Build 20161122 Download: AndroidFileHost

Changelog:
    - Updated CM14.1 sources

Changelog:
    - Updated CM14.1 sources