FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: How U like my 1st post?

Awesome

175 Vote(s)
53.35%
Not bad

48 Vote(s)
14.63%
Good

66 Vote(s)
20.12%
Awful

39 Vote(s)
11.89%

[FIX][SOLVED]Status 7 Error with CWM or TWRP Recovery on Rooted Android!

n/a posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By AndroTix, Guest on 11th November 2013, 08:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2016, 12:53 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
No assert section
Hi, I'm trying to load the latest ota for my nvidia shield k1 tablet without having to go to stock. I've attached the updater-script file, but as you can see there is no asserts section. What do I need to remove from this to bypass the error 7 in twrp? Thank you in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt updater-script.txt - [Click for QR Code] (4.0 KB, 1322 views)
7th November 2016, 05:51 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeld77

Hi, I'm trying to load the latest ota for my nvidia shield k1 tablet without having to go to stock. I've attached the updater-script file, but as you can see there is no asserts section. What do I need to remove from this to bypass the error 7 in twrp? Thank you in advance!

Remove this from your update script, don't forget to remove the .txt extension

Code:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "shieldtablet" || abort("This package is for \"shieldtablet\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
7th November 2016, 08:03 AM |#73  

More
Thanks a lot. your tutorial so simple and straight forward that even an beginner can do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to maheshvarpe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maheshvarpe Ad-Free
7th November 2016, 08:11 AM |#74  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suhel28

Remove this from your update script, don't forget to remove the .txt extension

Code:
getprop("ro.product.device") == "shieldtablet" || abort("This package is for \"shieldtablet\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");

Thank you very much for the reply!! However, that didn't work. When I removed what you suggested, and removed the .txt extension I'm getting another error as shown in the photo. Any other suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14785024343111050869532.jpg
Views:	4634
Size:	230.9 KB
ID:	3928939  
The Following User Says Thank You to jayeld77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jayeld77 Ad-Free
7th November 2016, 11:27 AM |#75  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Quote:

Thank you very much for the reply!! However, that didn't work. When I removed what you suggested, and removed the .txt extension I'm getting another error as shown in the photo. Any other suggestions?

Please check your zip file. The META-INF, system and boot.img file should be in the root of the zip and not in a folder

The structure should be

XXX.zip
-> META-INF
-> system
->boot.img
->other files and folder

and not like this

XXX.zip
->XXX
->META-INF
->system
->boot.img
->other files and folder
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to suhel28 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift suhel28 Ad-Free
9th December 2016, 07:48 PM |#76  

More
hi, don't work for me, my twrp said: updater process ended with error 7!!
11th January 2017, 09:13 AM |#77  

More
"assert" missing
Trying to upgrade to 4.0 OS on 1+3, but getting error 7 and the "updater-script" does not have assert lines at all.updater-script
twrp 3.0.2-1
currently on Oxygen OS 3.2.8 stable
OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_035_all_1612310359_e10cadfb2 af7.zip - 4.0 - got this thru Oxygen Updater app.
--dont see any office update yet on OnePlus download site.

START
getprop("ro.display.series") == "OnePlus 3" || abort("E3004: This package is for "OnePlus 3" devices; this is a "" + getprop("ro.display.series") + "".");
show_progress(0.750000, 0);
ui_print("Patching system image unconditionally...");
block_image_update("/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", package_extract_file("system.transfer.list"), "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat") ||
abort("E1001: Failed to update system image.");
show_progress(0.050000, 10);
show_progress(0.050000, 5);
package_extract_file("boot.img", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/boot");
show_progress(0.200000, 10);
ui_print("Writing static_nvbk image...");
package_extract_file("RADIO/static_nvbk.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/oem_stanvbk");

# ---- radio update tasks ----

ui_print("Patching firmware images...");
ifelse(msm.boot_update("main"), (
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib64.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/hyp.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hyp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/pmic.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/pmic");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpm");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/devcfg.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfg");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/xbl.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xbl");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/keymaster.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymaster");
), "");
ifelse(msm.boot_update("backup"), (
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib64.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlib64bak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/cmnlib.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cmnlibbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/hyp.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/hypbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/tz.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tzbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/emmc_appsboot.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/abootbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/rpm.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/rpmbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/devcfg.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/devcfgbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/xbl.elf", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/xblbak");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/keymaster.mbn", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/keymasterbak");
), "");
msm.boot_update("finalize");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/NON-HLOS.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/adspso.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/dsp");
package_extract_file("firmware-update/BTFM.bin", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/bluetooth");
set_progress(1.000000);
END FILE
17th January 2017, 04:14 PM |#78  

More
Absolutely ridiculous....
...that a "modern" os like Cyanogenmod needs such fandangling to work. Can't believe I tried to install this dud of a ROM on my 6P. I will have to find something better. smh.
28th January 2017, 07:54 PM |#79  
Flag Catalão
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Works with LineageOS for Asus Zenfone 2 Z00A
17th February 2017, 04:01 PM |#80  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Same here, what to do then...??
21st February 2017, 03:00 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
After I delete the file it start showing
Signature verification failed for whole file
Device:ZTE blade apex2
When try tp flash stock ROM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)