[Live Wallpaper] Droid X Live Wallpaper - The eye is watching

Search This thread

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
Well it got 4 views, but now link to the attachment is broken....any particular reason, Britoso?
EDIT: Nevermind, back up. Thanks :)
I updated the attachment, trimmed it from 2MB to 1MB

This LWP is quite useful you can
1) edit the overall background "droid_bg.png" to whatever you wish. You probably should leave the white area untouched.
2) put various pictures in the "eye", these need to be saved in a "tiled" fashion as in tiles.png. You probably should leave the white area untouched.
<relevant files attached>
Post the above two and I will rebuild the apk if you need.

Attachments

• editme.zip
    824.9 KB · Views: 123

sn0wmis3r

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago Burbs
If anybody else wants to give it a try, I am attaching the wallpaper I was trying to use. It is the default regular wallpaper from the Droid X

Here you go :) A red version and a quick blue version of it with your wallpaper. The blue version is a bit rough, I might take my time and make a cleaner version later.

Remove the "-blue" or "-red" before you push it

And by the way the other wallpapers don't force close for me.

Attachments

• LiveWallpapers-blue.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 103
  • LiveWallpapers-red.apk
    2.3 MB · Views: 169
  • blue-eye.jpg
    blue-eye.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 315
  • red-eye.jpg
    red-eye.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 329
  • lwp-picker.jpg
    lwp-picker.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 268

nmyeti

Jun 25, 2010
Thank you britoso.

As a side comment, has anyone made one with the Incredible eye?

Last edited:
standalone version
ccunningham83 please link to the op if you want.

This is what I did:
decompiled,
changed the package and app name,
removed LWPs that install by default,
rebuilt,
signed

works fine :).
possible issue and fix: There may be an issue if you have the "system.persistant" feature of adw launcher on, turn it off and you're fine.

Note:Launcher2 works fine.
updates:
removed unnecessary images too, file size now 1.1MB

APK attached, install as normal.
to uninstall: adb uninstall com.android.wallpaperx

Great job. Anyway you can get the FM app working for Droid? Same thing with the Droid X Motoblur and other apps?

srh.pres.usx

May 24, 2010
Works great on my DInc... thanks britoso... I added a little x-lock to finish it off... ;)

Attachments

• sc1dx.jpg
    sc1dx.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 241
  • sc2dx.jpg
    sc2dx.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 211

neok44

May 19, 2009
Florida
Here you go :) A red version and a quick blue version of it with your wallpaper. The blue version is a bit rough, I might take my time and make a cleaner version later.

Remove the "-blue" or "-red" before you push it

And by the way the other wallpapers don't force close for me.

hey man, awesome work on the blue one, if you could make a flashable version that would be perfect.

mgorman

Aug 18, 2009
Ypsilanti
is all this wallpaper do is have the eye move from screen to screen? It doesn't like move with the tilt of hte phone or anything does it?

MTGap

Nov 2, 2009
I'm a little confused. I installed it on my phone and it looks good, but why does the package also contain the other live wallpapers for the nexus one? Can anyone explain to me how to decompile the source code, I can't figure out how to use dexdump.

Is there a package with just the droid x wallpaper.

Last edited:

neok44

May 19, 2009
Florida
just wondering if it would be possible for someone to code a wallpaper chooser into the settings for the wallpaper?

if not then i guess i'll just bug someone to sign the apk for me lol

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
britoso's versions are great. Could you make one that cycles through all the colors or something?

I don't know how to code, but it seems like the eye moves randomly by cycling through a series of eye tiles. So I did a quick photoshop of the tile png in the apk that's responsible for the eye and... it's not exactly pretty. It does have some sort of disco effect but I don't know..

Anyway unless someone knows how to recode to control the cycling of the eye colors, here's my simple attempt to answer your request.

Hopefully someone else can do a better job.

Just extract the apk file from the zip. For some reason I keep getting errors trying to upload the apk itself..

Attachments

• LiveWallpapersDroidX-MULTI-signed.zip
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 61

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
just wondering if it would be possible for someone to code a wallpaper chooser into the settings for the wallpaper?

if not then i guess i'll just bug someone to sign the apk for me lol
Was just thinking of this this morning :)...
This example from google looks promising, but adding this code through assembly code/.smali will be a nightmare. (with the sd card permissions in the manifest of course)
Read the file through FileInputStream and get Bitmap object
Code:
                Bitmap bm = null;
                try {
                        FileInputStream fis = new FileInputStream("/sdcard/icon.png");
                        BufferedInputStream bis = new BufferedInputStream(fis);
                        bm = BitmapFactory.decodeStream(bis);
                } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
                        Toast.makeText(context, "error:" + filePath, Toast.LENGTH_SHORT).show();
                }
                iv.setImageBitmap(bm)

Last edited: