Canadian S7/S7 Edge thread!

Search This thread

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
Can confirm that the Nougat update from OnTheEdgeLite ROM works perfectly fine on G930W8! You do get the occasional BadgeProvider FC, but all features I went through has worked. Also Marshmallow CSC does work too so if you flash that before you boot, you should proper signal.

Be aware that when flashing the beta is your TWRP will complain about not mounting data and internal storage so you will need to follow the TWRP recovery instructions to get that working using dm-verify.

Opticuhl

Jul 12, 2013
I've managed to flash the original Nougat beta by extracting the system and boot img files from the .tar.md5 and flashing with Flashfire. From there I went into TWRP and flashed the Canadian CSC and SuperSU. I've booted successfully but Wi-FI is not working. Any tips? My carrier is Telus.

Last edited:

Joshua Mr PC Repair

Mar 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Can confirm that the Nougat update from OnTheEdgeLite ROM works perfectly fine on G930W8! You do get the occasional BadgeProvider FC, but all features I went through has worked. Also Marshmallow CSC does work too so if you flash that before you boot, you should proper signal.

Be aware that when flashing the beta is your TWRP will complain about not mounting data and internal storage so you will need to follow the TWRP recovery instructions to get that working using dm-verify.
So just root and flash normally and flash CSC file ??

Andrw0830

Mar 2, 2013
So just root and flash normally and flash CSC file ??

Yep except the ROM comes with root so don't flash root. I did notice when you flash our CSC that when booting the ROM, you will get a floating message FC but that is only observed the first time. Also if you go into settings and about phone it will say under Device status that it's been modified but everything I observed works without consequence. Just follow how you flashed MM Roms before and you should be fine of course make a nandroid before you do it.

Reactions: Joshua Mr PC Repair

Joshua Mr PC Repair

Mar 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Yep except the ROM comes with root so don't flash root. I did notice when you flash our CSC that when booting the ROM, you will get a floating message FC but that is only observed the first time. Also if you go into settings and about phone it will say under Device status that it's been modified but everything I observed works without consequence. Just follow how you flashed MM Roms before and you should be fine of course make a nandroid before you do it.

Thanks dude I'm definitely going to do it

Joshua Mr PC Repair

Mar 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
i was poking around in the S7 Edge forum and found this

INSTALL METHOD USING ODIN. (POSSIBLE DATA LOSE SO BACK UP JUST IN CASE):

BACK UP INTERNAL FILES FROM THE PHONE SD CARD WILL BE FINE.

HAVE YOUR PHONE CHARGED AT A DECENT LEVEL JUST IN CASE IS WHAT I SAY.

BACK UP ANYTHING YOU MAY BE CONCERNED OF.

BE CAREFUL I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG.

MANY CONFIRM THIS METHOD WORKING ALONG WITH ME HE TRIED IT FIRST.

1) Put phone in download mode.
2) Connect phone to latest Odin version.
3) install AP from 7.0 Nougat update file ALONG with the CSC from the 6.0.1 update file.

If all goes well you have now achieved the Nougat 7.0 update on you Galaxy S7 Edge in Canada 935w8.

noob924

Jan 20, 2013
Vancouver

3) install AP from 7.0 Nougat update file ALONG with the CSC from the 6.0.1 update file.

If all goes well you have now achieved the Nougat 7.0 update on you Galaxy S7 Edge in Canada 935w8.

DOES NOT WORK! Atleast the KNOX didn't trip. Using the G930W8 (BMC) and 7.0 of G930F (BTU) It has troubles flashing the system partition. I get error "SYSTEM REV. Invalid magic string."

Last edited:
Reactions: Joshua Mr PC Repair

BottleB

Jul 19, 2008

Knox? Nvm just saw other posts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Rogers just updated their site to say that nougat is coming soon http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/OSUpgrades/thread-id/1

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt.jpg
    D
    Deleted member 804010
    I'm looking to upgrade to the Note 8 so will probably give the S7 to either my wife or daughter. Neither are much into phone customization, etc - so decided to downgrade to Marshmallow to reset the phone and then let it OTA through all the updates to get back to latest release from Rogers.

Flashed 6.0 Rom through Odin, same as usual - have the APK3 - RWC CSC - version downloaded from Sammmobile. When it booted up, noticed that it has the XAC CSC. I booted into recovery, factory reset, then flashed again. Still XAC ? This package used to install the RWC CSC ?

Guessing that I'm doing something wrong ? I initially flashed with CSC_OYA, and have now tried both CSC_OYA and CSC_HOME.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Did some searching and found the solution. Ticked the repartition option in Odin to remove and conflicts with CSC. Flashed the stock 6.0 again without issue. Maybe this can help someone else.

Cheers !

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    ROGERS QH1 August 1st patch this AM.