Custom roms are slooooooooooooooooow.....

Search This thread

Irisht

Dec 13, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Where's the love for Regaw?!

Lol,

I figure I could put my 2 cents in and make a suggestion too.. Personally I have tried em all, all very fast, all have their perks but for some reason I keep coming back to RegawMOD 2.1

Despite the lack of OC & Jit in his rom it is honestly about the fastest with stability and killer battery life that I have used (with sense obviously). Not to mention I can go for days without having to recycle the phone to clear up errors or lag. I usually do because I have OCD about performance and clutter. LOL.. I definitely think its worth a look. If you are interested just click on the ROM link in my sig.

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
Lol,

I figure I could put my 2 cents in and make a suggestion too.. Personally I have tried em all, all very fast, all have their perks but for some reason I keep coming back to RegawMOD 2.1

Despite the lack of OC & Jit in his rom it is honestly about the fastest with stability and killer battery life that I have used (with sense obviously). Not to mention I can go for days without having to recycle the phone to clear up errors or lag. I usually do because I have OCD about performance and clutter. LOL.. I definitely think its worth a look. If you are interested just click on the ROM link in my sig.

Looks pretty enough. I'm still using the one I was recommended to me here and after getting it done right I must say that it is indeed awesome. I reduced the clock speed to the stock speed and attempted to use the phone.....dramatic difference. I love this phone now! lol

tennockey

Mar 10, 2010
Knoxville, TN
agreed that custom roms are slow for now

im also having some problems. all that i tried have been slow compared to stock 1.5 that my phone came with. i upgraded to the official 2.1 release, which was quite slower in my opinion comparing it to my wifes who has 1.5 still. then all the custom roms ive flashed have also been slow. have tried about 15... the one thing i might be messing up on in wiping. in my recovery it only lets me wipe data/factor reset, no dalvik or ext wiping. it says i have to do it from adb, and idk how to do that. if you all think this could be the problem please let me know how to wipe all that from adb. thanks! also i would like some more opinions on what the best rom is.

bk718

Jun 23, 2007
Charlotte, NC
im also having some problems. all that i tried have been slow compared to stock 1.5 that my phone came with. i upgraded to the official 2.1 release, which was quite slower in my opinion comparing it to my wifes who has 1.5 still. then all the custom roms ive flashed have also been slow. have tried about 15... the one thing i might be messing up on in wiping. in my recovery it only lets me wipe data/factor reset, no dalvik or ext wiping. it says i have to do it from adb, and idk how to do that. if you all think this could be the problem please let me know how to wipe all that from adb. thanks! also i would like some more opinions on what the best rom is.

what version recovery are u using??? we can start there..

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T

Do you have the sprint stock rom with the update? If so you need to follow the directions in the thread I posted earlier. You need to downgrade then root.

The recovery that is included in that post will allow you to wipe and wipe dalvick. The ext is a partition on your SD card that needs to be set up using the recovery as well.

Since I followed the directions in this forum I'm totally satisfied. I will try to help as much as I can

neuro_genesis

Jun 17, 2010
Lol,

http://www.4shared.com/file/NOHnsZWV/DarchHoneyOCv3.html

Flash this kernal to OC RegawMOD, it works perfectly fine up to 768.

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
Been using the unthemed version of Regaw_MOD. I'm so sick of ROMs that don't have Sense. Sense is what brings refinement to these phones and I'm tired of them being removed.

LiquidSolstice

Jan 17, 2008
I'm still running at 710 and I think that's fast enough...is it really that big of a difference? Also, does anyone know of any roms that have smaller icons on the home screen? I see my home screens filling up fast!

What ROM are you running? And now I'm confused, I thought you said you're done with custom ROMs?

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
What ROM are you running? And now I'm confused, I thought you said you're done with custom ROMs?

I know it's a few pages but if you read the entire thread you would find I was VERY wrong. I was walked through a MUCH better way of getting it done and also a PROPER rom.

However to answer your question I'm running Damage Control with the OC kernal at 710 and I have to admit, it ridiculously outpaces the stock rom.

LiquidSolstice

Jan 17, 2008
I know it's a few pages but if you read the entire thread you would find I was VERY wrong. I was walked through a MUCH better way of getting it done and also a PROPER rom.

However to answer your question I'm running Damage Control with the OC kernal at 710 and I have to admit, it ridiculously outpaces the stock rom.

Good god, you're right. For some reason I saw this thread as being 2 pages long, not 12. Well, glad to hear you stayed with custom Android, and to each his own :).

bk718

Jun 23, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I'm still running at 710 and I think that's fast enough...is it really that big of a difference? Also, does anyone know of any roms that have smaller icons on the home screen? I see my home screens filling up fast!

there isn't a particular rom with smaller icons, however there is a widget tho. Look for "More Icons Widget" in the market... there is a tiny cost of $1.99.. but with this you could add up to 64 icons on ONE home screen (that overkill if u ask me).. but it gives you many different options on how many icons you may wanna add to ur screens

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
there isn't a particular rom with smaller icons, however there is a widget tho. Look for "More Icons Widget" in the market... there is a tiny cost of $1.99.. but with this you could add up to 64 icons on ONE home screen (that overkill if u ask me).. but it gives you many different options on how many icons you may wanna add to ur screens

Yeah that's a little extreme...lol But I will look in to it! Thanks!

bk718

Jun 23, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Yeah that's a little extreme...lol But I will look in to it! Thanks!

attachment.php

you could set it up with a 4x1, 2x1, or 1x1 space...