Thanks Meter: 741

By bovirus, Senior Member on 9th November 2012, 08:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2016, 09:57 PM |#921  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
@bovirus

OKay, I can understand better, thanks.
Seems that my phone is dead, I try to get into Factory Test, but it only turns ON in a blank white screen blnking, so it maight be is the Main board that its damaged.

Thanks However

18th November 2016, 12:39 AM |#922  
Flag Praia
Thanks Meter: 387

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullracing

@bovirus

OKay, I can understand better, thanks.
Seems that my phone is dead, I try to get into Factory Test, but it only turns ON in a blank white screen blnking, so it maight be is the Main board that its damaged.

Thanks However

There are two ways to get around the PMT error. First way is to use an earlier version of the SP Flash Tool. Like version 3. But this does not always solve the problem.

The second way is to use the hidden Write Memory tab (hit the Ctrl-Alt-V combination on the keyboard to enter Advanced Mode, then select the Window > Write Memory option from the drop down menu. The Write Memory tab will then appear). Use the Write Memory tab to flash the images directly to the partition you wish starting from the memory address you specify. So if you had made a full ROM backup before you bricked your device (most people unfortunately fail to take this simple precaution), you would simply flash that ROM file starting at address 0x0.

You can find the correct starting addresses for each partition either on the download tab or by looking at the starting linear address in the scatter.txt file. For a softbrick, you might simply want to successively flash the boot.img, the recovery.img and the system.img to their appropriate partitions using the Write Memory tab.

When you use the Write Memory tab to flash, you must turn the phone off BUT leave the battery INSIDE the phone then connect the USB cable.

The Write Memory feature will only work if you identify the Preloader.bin file on the Download tab (so you must check the Preloader box on the Download tab). BUT DO NOT CHECK THE PRELOADER BOX IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE DOWNLOAD TAB TO FLASH THE DEVICE. ONLY CHECK THAT BOX IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE WRITE MEMORY TAB TO FLASH.

If you don't have the preloader.bin file, simply use the Read Back tab to dump it from the phone.

Finally, be absolutely sure you have the correct ROM for your phone. If the ROM is not the correct one for your device and you flash the wrong boot, recovery or system images to the phone, it will not boot. It will remain or become bricked. The fact that a ROM is for the same MTK chipset as your phone does NOT mean it's the correct ROM for your phone!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CVAngelo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CVAngelo Ad-Free
18th November 2016, 09:49 PM |#923  

More
@CVAngelo

Thanks too much! thats very usefull information... I will try it

I have some MTK that are "bricked" I will make what you aere telling me, may I can bring back to life some of them...

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to bullracing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bullracing Ad-Free
19th November 2016, 04:32 PM |#924  
Flag Praia

More
Quote:

@CVAngelo

Thanks too much! thats very usefull information... I will try it

I have some MTK that are "bricked" I will make what you aere telling me, may I can bring back to life some of them...

Thanks

Let us know if you are able to recover any of those bricked devices. I have used the Write Memory tab to unbrick or restore countless bricked devices.
I have also used it to flash custom recoveries on many devices (when the custom recovery image is available). Flashing a custom recovery is the easiest way to root most MTK devices. Once the custom recovery is flashed, you simply need to boot to recovery and install a SuperSu zip and violá...you're rooted.
If you have any questions, just let us know.

The Following User Says Thank You to CVAngelo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CVAngelo Ad-Free
23rd November 2016, 12:05 AM |#925  

More
@CVAngelo

its me again... I was trying what you told me about "write memory" lets see if I understood well....

I took up a bricked Lanix X200 from Telcel, I got the Firmware:
"ROM LANIX Ilium X200 Telcel version: ILIUM_X200_TELCEL_SW_07 – Guowei_S408B_QB25S_M402A_6572V1.0.0"

When I try to download it to the Phone with flashtools i get an error "PMT has change to the ROM it must be Downloaded..." this happendes with the version 3.x and 5.x so I proceed with the "Write Memory Tab" with flashtool v5.1524 , already in the tab, in "file path" I loaded the "preloader.bin" that came with the ROM I downloaded, I set the "begin address set" to "0x0", at the "Download Tab" I enabled only the "Preloader check" with the "Preloader.bin" that the scatter file put on it. I pressed finaly "Write Memory" I conected the Phone and it started-finished succesfully. Then I proced to flash the whole firmware at the "Download tab" I press it, conect the device, it is recognized well, but I'm getting this error "BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)"

I think I'm making something wrong....
23rd November 2016, 05:43 AM |#926  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 741

More
@bullracing

Youi get "PMT changed" error when you use "DOWNLOAD ONLY" mode and PMT of original ROM and new ROM are difeferent.

If you are sure that the new ROM is for your device you can select all modules and use FIRMWARE UPGRADE mode to avoid PMT error.
23rd November 2016, 10:05 AM |#927  
Flag Praia

More
Quote:

@CVAngelo

its me again... I was trying what you told me about "write memory" lets see if I understood well....

I took up a bricked Lanix X200 from Telcel, I got the Firmware:
"ROM LANIX Ilium X200 Telcel version: ILIUM_X200_TELCEL_SW_07 – Guowei_S408B_QB25S_M402A_6572V1.0.0"

When I try to download it to the Phone with flashtools i get an error "PMT has change to the ROM it must be Downloaded..." this happendes with the version 3.x and 5.x so I proceed with the "Write Memory Tab" with flashtool v5.1524 , already in the tab, in "file path" I loaded the "preloader.bin" that came with the ROM I downloaded, I set the "begin address set" to "0x0", at the "Download Tab" I enabled only the "Preloader check" with the "Preloader.bin" that the scatter file put on it. I pressed finaly "Write Memory" I conected the Phone and it started-finished succesfully. Then I proced to flash the whole firmware at the "Download tab" I press it, conect the device, it is recognized well, but I'm getting this error "BROM ERROR: S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032)"

I think I'm making something wrong....

Well, you were not to flash the preloader.bin file.

Instead, what I had said was that you should flash the boot.img, recovery.img and system.img using the Write Memory tab. The starting address for each of those images you can find in the scatter.txt file (the address to use is called the linear starting address). Or if you had the full ROM backup which is a single file typically about 1GB in size, that is what you would flash starting at 0x0.

The Following User Says Thank You to CVAngelo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CVAngelo Ad-Free
23rd November 2016, 06:32 PM |#928  

More
Damm it, so I killed my device. I will try to make it again as you said....
23rd November 2016, 08:11 PM |#929  
Flag Praia

More
Quote:

Damm it, so I killed my device. I will try to make it again as you said....

Not necessarily. If that is the correct ROM for your device, you did not kill it. But always remember that you must never flash the preloader.bin image (neither from the Download tab, nor from the Write Memory tab) EXCEPT if it is part of the absolute last resort.

Now you need to make sure your battery is fully charged and you can try to flash again. You have two choices. You can flash from the Write Memory tab (flash the boot.img, then flash recovery.img, then flash system.img). But do not flash the preloader. However, you need to be sure the preloader box is checked on the DOWNLOAD tab in order for the Write Memory tab to work.

If you are going to use the Download tab to flash, then you must UNCHECK the preloader box but check all the other boxes (except Cache and Usrdata). Then select Download Only. However, if you get the "PMT changed" error, then select Firmware Upgrade. This will check ALL the boxes including the Preloader line. BUT IT IS OK...as this will NOT flash the preloader (because it does not need to be upgraded). This is not guaranteed to solve the PMT error, but it sometimes works. If it doesn't work, your only choice is to flash via the Write Memory tab.

29th November 2016, 09:12 PM |#930  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi guys! Can anyone help me connect SP Flash Tool to my ASUS X008 (Pegasus 3)? It has worked before, and I flashed a ROM, but now I want (need...) to flash another ROM it just doesn't connect. I'm trying to install the USB VCOM drivers, but whatever I do, it always ends up with a message about the device not starting. I'm running Windows 10 btw.

I suspect it may have something to do with some drivers I installed in order to try to get it working again. Installed several programs like Kingoroot, PDAnet, Driver Auto installer, MAUI META, MTK Droid Tool, MediaTek drivers etc... I've tried to get rid of most of them by now, but I can't seem to uninstall pdanet.

Can anyone help me please?
30th November 2016, 12:03 AM |#931  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlockspringer

Hi guys! Can anyone help me connect SP Flash Tool to my ASUS X008 (Pegasus 3)? It has worked before, and I flashed a ROM, but now I want (need...) to flash another ROM it just doesn't connect. I'm trying to install the USB VCOM drivers, but whatever I do, it always ends up with a message about the device not starting. I'm running Windows 10 btw.

I suspect it may have something to do with some drivers I installed in order to try to get it working again. Installed several programs like Kingoroot, PDAnet, Driver Auto installer, MAUI META, MTK Droid Tool, MediaTek drivers etc... I've tried to get rid of most of them by now, but I can't seem to uninstall pdanet.

Can anyone help me please?

Try without battery holding volume up and conect the USB cable, or try with another key combinations while conecting the usb cable. Sometimes whe I install a lot of programs and drivers I get problems while conecting devices, before you make something crazy try with another Computer....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)