HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs

Search This thread

dschingis1

Jun 8, 2011
Report - wm6.1 + wpa working

Hi,
1st: thanks and everything

Just to sum up my experience and spare followers some reading of the thread pages. Means, nothing new to discover in this post.

I upgraded to wm6.1 using the "recommended" ROM from http://www.winmobile.us/ form the forum user dpdurst.
This one: "HP iPAQ PPC WM6.1 Rom build 21054 - Alkor build 21054 very stable build and fast!"

After the upgrade i too could observe that wpa did not work. So i used the patch introduced in this thread by bulesz:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3257845&postcount=1669

The Process went as follows:
I used the bootloader.exe as described by dpdurst. The process hang up at 38% which, as i found out, is normal. I disconnected the device and proceeded as described.
Afterwards install the wpa patch as described.

Best regards
DschingisOne

sieradz628

Feb 27, 2010
hx4700 - WPA2

Hey, tell me how I can connect to the HP hx4700 wifi network with WPA2 encryption? I tried various methods, but none really did not bring the expected results:(

Thanks for your help :)

sieradz628

Feb 27, 2010
Thanks for your reply.

I used this ROM 6.5.3 and WM 6.5, both by Spiaatie's, but still could not connect to WPA2, now I have WM 6.1 rc to Alcor, it is possible in this ROM? ;)

kadmon

Apr 26, 2012
Arrgh - no WPA2/AES!

Yetserday I put Spiaatie's 6.1 ROM on my old dust-gathering hx4700 and was blown away by how easy it was to do... So..

Number 1: MANY THANKS to Spiaatie and his colleagues/collaborators on this board...

Number 2: Arrgh! I just assumed it would handle WPA2/AES no problem! Really disappointed that it doesn't and it's back to the dust-gathering for my 4700...

I live in the City Centre and just can't go back to TKIP on my home router - there are dozens of APs visible in my area and lots of students - I'd be hacked in no time... From what I have read, WPA/TKIP cracking is at the stage of idiot-proof click-here-to-crack apps - i.e. its not like its cracked in theory but would take 3 weeks to crunch. And I assume that holds for WPA2/TKIP. In any case, my WRT54GS only seems to have AES and TKIP+AES dropdowns for WPA2 Personal.

- Does anyone know whether this is a 4700 hardware limitation (I believe WPA2/AES often offloads work to h/w) or whether we can ever expect this?

- I'm willing to be reeducated that WPA2/TKIP is secure...

(and sorry to sound ungrateful for the spectacular work of getting the ROM out in the first place)

kadmon

worby9

Jan 14, 2008
Hi, I received the last week this old nice machinne; have the 6.5 spiaatie´s rom but I want downgrade to the original wm5 rom, how I can do it? where I can find the original rom? thanks, Roberto.

worby9

Jan 14, 2008
Look on the link on first page...it has a link to the original roms...

I'm selling my HX4700 look up on the forsale threads or look up my posts I started...

Thanks for your answer but all the links on the first page are dead! I look in the HP page but just are the upgrades, not the original and complete rom to downgrade. I hope anybody can help me. Roberto.

dkena

Sep 9, 2006
Hello,

please link to ROM SL61V3_lite link.
Or other old WM 6.1 ROM for iPAQ HX4700.

Thank you.

h.n.c.cox

Jan 24, 2015
Where is the BootLoader.exe

Can anyone please provide a working link to the BootLoader.exe
My iPAQ is stuck and I need it ...

arek_aras

Nov 19, 2016
Hi,
I have HX4700 with WM2003SE and I'm looking for upgrade to WM6 or WM6.1. Links with ROMs are death. Can any one help me??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe not... you can use from vista.... but i think you ave to do it from safe mode... there are several threads around about flashing from vista...

check out www.mobilitysite.com

there is a lot of info there and there is still a subforum for the 4700.... i used the same username there as i have here....