FORUMS

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,561 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,283

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 21st August 2012, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2016, 04:33 PM |#9941  
Flag Lima, Peru
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongst

No, 5ghz is only the frequency, in WiFi specifications of iEEE you will find other speeds too

Thanks!!

So your recomendation is Moto G4 Plus right?
What about the camera in comparision with the Style?
22nd November 2016, 04:41 PM |#9942  
Flag Lacey
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hello, I'm trying to decide between a few phones, and one comparison I've been looking at but haven't found much info on is the network connectivity. The following screenshots compare the Moto Z Play, Pixel XL, and OnePlus 3T. The OnePlus 3T has significantly less LTE FDD bands, for example, and I'm not sure if this is going to negatively affect me in the US on GSM (specifically the Ting network)?

(First image is to show the order of the compared devices in the second image)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzN...w?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzN...w?usp=drivesdk

Are the differences in cell radios going to be noticeable on the Ting network (so no roaming capability) in the US, Pacific northwest area?

Thank you!
23rd November 2016, 08:34 AM |#9943  
Flag Jordan
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello guys
ok i'm willing to buy a new phone but i don't know what to go with
i'm willing to buy one of those two phone
Huawei P9
Xperia Z5
what should i buy and why ?
What's the best for battery for Quality ?
both phone are 280 JD in my country
but some tell me P9 better than Z5
and some tell me Z5
i don't know what to buy
i'm looking for a good phone with good battery for Web browsing taking some pics no gaming and very smooth and good
with good camera too
23rd November 2016, 10:12 AM |#9944  
Forum Moderator
Flag Next to the Wiesn
Thanks Meter: 8,630

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiomc22

Thanks!!

So your recomendation is Moto G4 Plus right?
What about the camera in comparision with the Style?

I'm very happy with it, compared to my Zuk Z1...
The camera is good also in low light. So for the price you get very much. But it depends what version you buy in your country! There are price differences and also different specs.
23rd November 2016, 01:34 PM |#9945  
Flag Jordan
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hejawi

Hello guys
ok i'm willing to buy a new phone but i don't know what to go with
i'm willing to buy one of those two phone
Huawei P9
Xperia Z5
what should i buy and why ?
What's the best for battery for Quality ?
both phone are 280 JD in my country
but some tell me P9 better than Z5
and some tell me Z5
i don't know what to buy
i'm looking for a good phone with good battery for Web browsing taking some pics no gaming and very smooth and good
with good camera too

so any help ?
24th November 2016, 03:46 PM |#9946  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Honor 8 or HTC 10 ?
Currently I am looking at narrowing down 2 phones that I want to buy in the next few days.

Here are my wants:
SD micro
Future proof
custom roms

Honor 8.
Seems like a good phone, but now the main concern is development and future proofing (such as the 128 SD limit)
HTC 10
Good phone but wondering if the cost is worth it over the Honor 8, and concerned about low light camera.

Thanks for suggestions and help getting me looking at the right path of needs and wants.
I got an Honor 8 coming in a few days.
27th November 2016, 02:27 AM |#9947  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nvidia Shield K1 vs Hwuawei MediaPad M3
Which one of the tablets should I buy? Originally I wanted a Z3 tablet compact but for $400 less is a little too pricey.
I was going to get a ZenPad S8.0 but there isn't any official support for it here.
I know both are root-able but the shield k1 does have custom roms available for it.
The M3 lacks custom roms due to just being release in the U.S
I don't mind spending the extra money for the extra ram, screen size, better ppi but is all of that worth it?
28th November 2016, 05:12 AM |#9948  
Flag Colorado Springs
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Tablet as phone.
I've been going back and forth on my next device. I've been looking at some of the 7+" phablet offerings from overseas. I don't think I'm going to go that direction, though. I've recently started investigating using a 7 - 9 inch 4g tablet as a phone. I think I like this option better.

I'm looking for device suggestions. Something fairly powerful for regular phone tasks and games, including some portable game system emulation. I'm not totally opposed to an international device, but it's GOT TO have 4g in the USA. I'm looking for plan options, too. I currently have unlimited data through Sprint and my largest data consuming app is Google music. It should go without saying that solid XDA support of this device would be preferred...

Finally, I'm looking for caveats. Things I haven't thought about that might throw a kink in my plan.

Thanks all for any input on this one. I'm hoping to find the perfect solution within the month to make a purchase by Christmas (unless it's worth waiting a bit for a tablet on the horizon).
28th November 2016, 08:45 AM |#9949  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Hey guys.
Looking for China phone for price 85$ tops and it would be best if it could be bought from GB.
Should be for gf, because her HTC Desire 3xx died few days ago. She had my old THL W100 which was really good hope her but she managed to break the glass.
She's not a advanced user so there is just few thing she need to work:

- SD card plugability
- Saving apps on SD
- Working GPS
- 3G minimum
- 1024MB ram

There is a lot of phones with this range but really lot and there is just really few reviews. Mostly none. So it's hard to choose right.
I know brands like THL, Cubot and Zopo are mostly alright and within range, but still; don't want to choose a bad one.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.
29th November 2016, 01:54 PM |#9950  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Will i regret buying a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime? http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_4_prime-8263.php
Gray ofc :d
29th November 2016, 07:43 PM |#9951  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Given the choice between an almost-new Moto G4 Plus or a very gently used OnePlus 2 (for about $50 more), which would you choose?
The most important features for me are camera image quality, battery life, and reliability / support (software updates).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)