[FRAMEWORK][MOD] rovo89's xPosed Framework - ROM modding without modyfing APKs!

Search This thread

dariolob

Jul 13, 2009
Hi guys! Let me introduce to you this awesome MOD:

Let's start underlining again (as clearly stated in topic title) that this is not my work - the developer of the xPosed framework is rovo89 so why don't you leave him a "thanks"? :laugh:

So, as making a duplicate would be useless I am not copying-pastying the original thread you can find HERE

By the way, I got the permission from rovo89 himself to mantain a S3 Mini dedicated thread for his MOD :)

PLEASE NOTICE - do not spam the official thread with bugreports, do it here instead. If you don't understand a step, you want more clarifications on how this framework is working, or a mod isn't working for you and so on, just leave a post here and I'll help you to get through your problems/curiosities

That said...

The xPosed framework itself only has the potential to mod your ROM. It doesn't include any extra feature, that you will get by installing additional modules, but we will talk about that later.

Features:

• No need to modify system apks (so no unpacking,decompiling,recompiling,ect... very n00b friendly!)
  • Universal - it works on multiple devices and ROMs as it relies on proprietary framework
  • Changes are fully revertable by simply uninstalling the framework, so no need to reflash your ROM
  • Open source!

Instructions:

First of all you need to setup your framewok:

- Download the Xposed installer.from the original thread
- Install it on your phone
- Launch the Xposed Installer and click on "Install/Update"
- Reboot and you're done!

As I said before installing the framework only won't make any magic. To start modding your system you have to download some additional modules you can find here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/forums/xposed_framework_mods/ (a google search may reveal more modules repositories though ;) )

The modules are in apk format, if you want to install them do this way:

- Download <module>.apk and install it
- Launch the Xposed Installer and go to the "Modules" tab
- Enable the module by checking the checkbox
- Reboot (sometimes soft reboot is enough) and you're done! :good:

Now lets talk about these modules. I have tried most of them before posting here to provide some useful hands-on feedback and here's what I suggest to install (100% working mods) on our S3 mini:

• Dithered Holo Background
  • Email Text Colour
  • No increasing ringtone
  • Samsung Keyboard short delay
  • Xposed delivery notify toast
  • Xposed tweakbox (you'll find it on GSII forums - HERE )

Description of the mods: -more info on the repository page-

- Dithered Holo Background:
This mod fixes a minor annoyance in ICS/Jelly Bean that shows a slight color banding over Holo backgrounds.

- Email Text Colour:
Use this if you're using stock Samsung Email client - NOT THE ONE IN MY DMOD THAT'S INVERTED. As many of you could have noticed, stock email app isn't that readable. Why? Black backgrounds+greyish text. If you are not using my inverted email mod this could come in handy because changes the text colour from grey to a more white one :)

- No increasing ringtone:
Easy, this disables the default increasing ringtone and will play your ringtone at the same volume from the beginning to the end

- Samsung keyboard short delay:
If you, like me, don't like to use a third party keyboard this could be quite useful. If you've ever wondered about the possibility of reducing the long-press delay this is the answer, by reducing time from 500ms (that's just ridicolous) to 200ms.

- Xposed delivery notification toast:
If you're using delivery notifications (i find them veeery useful) you'll find this mod great. Samsung has a strange way of handling delivery reports, as a notification appears in the status bar and the SMS ringtone will be played. So it's not that different from a normal SMS... this will transform the notification into a little toast (just like superuser ones) and no sound will annoy you anymore :)

-Xposed tweakbox
A nice xposed module (with own GUI, like a standalone app), with a nice collection of graphical mods:

• Statusbar mods - they work just fine!
  • CRT effect - does NOT work as it relies on a modded
  • Battery mods - working
  • Phone mods - working, call recording NOT tested
  • Miscellaneous - they work - SKIP TRACKS WITH VOLUME BUTTON INCLUDED!

So at the end of the day these are the major mods you can get with xposed, even on a stock ROM (if rooted):

- No SMS to MMS conversion
- No increasing ringtone
- Change default smilies
- Enable call recording (not tested yet)
- Launcher modifications
- Real SMS timestamps
- Per-app DPI and UI settings

and some other nice (but minor) mods/fixes :)

You can find credits in the original thread!

Last edited:

cheech01

Feb 26, 2010
Lübeck
AW: [FRAMEWORK][MOD] rovo89's xPosed Framework - ROM modding without modyfing APKs!

I have testet Transparent Status Bar and change color of clock
.....Works fine.
Test end.

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda premium

Reactions: dariolob

Kenneth000

Mar 12, 2013
Dont Work

Why that dont work by me? i have aktivate tweakbox.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-19-07-17-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-19-07-17-42.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,207

cheech01

Feb 26, 2010
Lübeck
AW: [FRAMEWORK][MOD] rovo89's xPosed Framework - ROM modding without modyfing APKs!

1. You must download and install XposedInstaller_2.1.3.apk
From link
2. Step Download and install XposedTweakbox_1.4.0.apk
3.Start xposed installer and klick install/update
4. Reboot you phone
5.open xposed installer again
6. Klick on Mudules and load/mark xposed Tweakbox
7.close
8.Open Tweakbox and make you choice
9.Reboot and have fun

PS. Transparent status bar looks bad with lookscreen

Last edited:

Kenneth000

Mar 12, 2013

I do that but nothing happen realy but thank you

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363678308596.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363678308596.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,586
  • uploadfromtaptalk1363678327792.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363678327792.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,569

efaustino84

Feb 13, 2013
Harare
giving this a shot, might work better for me considering my attempts to mess around with systemui are still failing

long story short
try try again

all part of learning how to mod stuff :D

devil--

Jan 9, 2013
Bergamo
Dario did you know if this module "Received SMSes' Sent Times in Details" use the right sms time like you standard rom V1?

dariolob

Jul 13, 2009
R: [FRAMEWORK][MOD] rovo89's xPosed Framework - ROM modding without modyfing APKs!

Dario did you know if this module "Received SMSes' Sent Times in Details" use the right sms time like you standard rom V1?

Yes, it's useless if you're using DMod :)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using xda app-developers app

devil--

Jan 9, 2013
Bergamo
Yes, it's useless if you're using DMod :)

I ask because i think you must go on with your rom only for N version :)crying:), I have standard one so I use right now Benz rom V4, I ask to Benz if can include this mod on the next update but of corse I just ask for it but if I can do it by this module I'm happy too :D

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

installing the module, by xposed flag the module, reebot, tourn off the mobile and send sms with other mobile, after 10 minute i open mobile and.... not working... :crying:

Fevves

Dec 1, 2011
Behind your screen...
And if someone, like me, had the problem with xposedbridge.jar not installing and failures like this:

Code:
[: not found
mounting/system writable
Created backup of
app_process executable at /
system/bin/app_process.orig
copying app_process...
copying XposedBridge.jar...
cp:cant create '/data/xposed/XposedBridge.jar.newversion':
Path does not exist

then do read this and do exactly what is indicated. It all works like a charm afterr that. Click thanks there and not to me, as ante0 discovered it.

ps: never had a problem on my SGS II, its wife's SGS III Mini perking and acting I guess, even though it's well rooted and modified ;)

RayQ1223

Jan 27, 2012
Problem parsing package??
And is there a module to make center clock?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Jay 123

Jul 11, 2014
hi i'm worried about soft brick or boot loop. does it happen? please help i don't wanna brick my phone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys! Let me introduce to you this awesome MOD:

Let's start underlining again (as clearly stated in topic title) that this is not my work - the developer of the xPosed framework is rovo89 so why don't you leave him a "thanks"? :laugh:

So, as making a duplicate would be useless I am not copying-pastying the original thread you can find HERE

By the way, I got the permission from rovo89 himself to mantain a S3 Mini dedicated thread for his MOD :)

PLEASE NOTICE - do not spam the official thread with bugreports, do it here instead. If you don't understand a step, you want more clarifications on how this framework is working, or a mod isn't working for you and so on, just leave a post here and I'll help you to get through your problems/curiosities

That said...

The xPosed framework itself only has the potential to mod your ROM. It doesn't include any extra feature, that you will get by installing additional modules, but we will talk about that later.

Features:

• No need to modify system apks (so no unpacking,decompiling,recompiling,ect... very n00b friendly!)
    • Universal - it works on multiple devices and ROMs as it relies on proprietary framework
    • Changes are fully revertable by simply uninstalling the framework, so no need to reflash your ROM
    • Open source!

Instructions:

First of all you need to setup your framewok:

- Download the Xposed installer.from the original thread
    - Install it on your phone
    - Launch the Xposed Installer and click on "Install/Update"
    - Reboot and you're done!

As I said before installing the framework only won't make any magic. To start modding your system you have to download some additional modules you can find here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/forums/xposed_framework_mods/ (a google search may reveal more modules repositories though ;) )

The modules are in apk format, if you want to install them do this way:

- Download <module>.apk and install it
    - Launch the Xposed Installer and go to the "Modules" tab
    - Enable the module by checking the checkbox
    - Reboot (sometimes soft reboot is enough) and you're done! :good:

Now lets talk about these modules. I have tried most of them before posting here to provide some useful hands-on feedback and here's what I suggest to install (100% working mods) on our S3 mini:

• Dithered Holo Background
    • Email Text Colour
    • No increasing ringtone
    • Samsung Keyboard short delay
    • Xposed delivery notify toast
    • Xposed tweakbox (you'll find it on GSII forums - HERE )

Description of the mods: -more info on the repository page-

- Dithered Holo Background:
    This mod fixes a minor annoyance in ICS/Jelly Bean that shows a slight color banding over Holo backgrounds.

- Email Text Colour:
    Use this if you're using stock Samsung Email client - NOT THE ONE IN MY DMOD THAT'S INVERTED. As many of you could have noticed, stock email app isn't that readable. Why? Black backgrounds+greyish text. If you are not using my inverted email mod this could come in handy because changes the text colour from grey to a more white one :)

- No increasing ringtone:
    Easy, this disables the default increasing ringtone and will play your ringtone at the same volume from the beginning to the end

- Samsung keyboard short delay:
    If you, like me, don't like to use a third party keyboard this could be quite useful. If you've ever wondered about the possibility of reducing the long-press delay this is the answer, by reducing time from 500ms (that's just ridicolous) to 200ms.

- Xposed delivery notification toast:
    If you're using delivery notifications (i find them veeery useful) you'll find this mod great. Samsung has a strange way of handling delivery reports, as a notification appears in the status bar and the SMS ringtone will be played. So it's not that different from a normal SMS... this will transform the notification into a little toast (just like superuser ones) and no sound will annoy you anymore :)

-Xposed tweakbox
    A nice xposed module (with own GUI, like a standalone app), with a nice collection of graphical mods:

• Statusbar mods - they work just fine!
    • CRT effect - does NOT work as it relies on a modded
    • Battery mods - working
    • Phone mods - working, call recording NOT tested
    • Miscellaneous - they work - SKIP TRACKS WITH VOLUME BUTTON INCLUDED!

So at the end of the day these are the major mods you can get with xposed, even on a stock ROM (if rooted):

- No SMS to MMS conversion
    - No increasing ringtone
    - Change default smilies
    - Enable call recording (not tested yet)
    - Launcher modifications
    - Real SMS timestamps
    - Per-app DPI and UI settings

and some other nice (but minor) mods/fixes :)

You can find credits in the original thread!
    And if someone, like me, had the problem with xposedbridge.jar not installing and failures like this:

Code:
    mounting/system writable
    Created backup of
    app_process executable at /
    system/bin/app_process.orig
    copying app_process...
    copying XposedBridge.jar...
    cp:cant create '/data/xposed/XposedBridge.jar.newversion':
    Path does not exist

then do read this and do exactly what is indicated. It all works like a charm afterr that. Click thanks there and not to me, as ante0 discovered it.

ps: never had a problem on my SGS II, its wife's SGS III Mini perking and acting I guess, even though it's well rooted and modified ;)
    now share a good module.. i cant understand the link...

I don't understand.. I've stated which modules I suggest in my OP, and I said you can find them here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/forums/xposed_framework_mods/

got it? :)

I have testet Transparent Status Bar and change color of clock
    .....Works fine.
    Test end.