[ROM/MAGISK]Bad Boyz US Unlocked HTC 10 ROM | N | 2.41.617.3 | v3.2 | updated 2.1.17

Search This thread

chas123

Oct 29, 2008

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Can't seem to find the "Run_to_build_ROM.bat" from svn. Assuming I can just zip it?

Yes. Hold ctrl Then select data, Meta-inf, System, superuser, and boot.img. Once selected right click, move down to 7zip, and click add to archive. If you don't have 7zip select send to> compressed folder

Edit: ROM builder files committed to the svn

Last edited:
Reactions: benny3 and Alarand

Alarand

May 10, 2013
Yes. Hold ctrl Then select data, Meta-inf, System, superuser, and boot.img. Once selected right click, move down to 7zip, and click add to archive. If you don't have 7zip select send to> compressed folder

So zips don't have to be signed for twrp right? Is that even a thing anymore, if it ever was? Anyways thanks again.

Alarand

May 10, 2013
Something peculiar is breaking wifi-calling. Don't think it's specific to the rom, and I can only imagine it's some weird sim config problem. I wish my troubleshooting skills were better lol. On US unlocked using tmo.

benny3

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 2, 2011
Rosommon, MICH
Something peculiar is breaking wifi-calling. Don't think it's specific to the rom, and I can only imagine it's some weird sim config problem. I wish my troubleshooting skills were better lol. On US unlocked using tmo.

Im on TMO and i can't even use the rom yet. For some odd reason my phone is only picking up att network. I don't believe it has anything to do with the rom.

gmoe65

Jun 22, 2011
Charlotte
Im on TMO and i can't even use the rom yet. For some odd reason my phone is only picking up att network. I don't believe it has anything to do with the rom.
I ran this Rom for a lil bit last night with the old FW and I'm with T-Mobile it booted up just fine and no problem with Wi-Fi on my end

Last edited:

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
If someone wants to post a log taken while the phone is trying to connect to wifi calling I'll look at it.

Reactions: benny3

munkyvirus

Dec 21, 2010
Minnesota
I pulled this last week on ICE rom, but while it was still based on 2.28.617.8. Turned WiFi calling and VoLTE off then on then pulled log so if an error is happening, it should be in there.

Attachments

• WFC.zip
    111 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: chas123

Alarand

May 10, 2013
My twrp restore to stock didn't fix the WFC thing. Works again after RUU though. Only thing I noticed was a restart prompt on first boot after ruu saying sim settings have been updated.

The one gimmicky feature I'm somewhat reliant on always breaks on updates ;p

rwc95

Sep 10, 2011
Bloomington
My twrp restore to stock didn't fix the WFC thing. Works again after RUU though. Only thing I noticed was a restart prompt on first boot after ruu saying sim settings have been updated.

When you have it working with stock make your backup with system image, data, boot. And it will work when you restore. If you use system, data, boot it will still be broken on a restore. That has worked for me. I'm stuck with stock rooted debloated on my own as I need my volte to work. Dont care as much about Wi-Fi calling but they seem to be tied together.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alarand

chas123

Oct 29, 2008
Volte is working on at&t. Just for ****s and giggles I enabled vowifi in settings. I get the same log messages that were in the log that was posted.

E/ActivityThread(11336): Failed to find provider info for com.htc.vowifi

There is no com.htc.vowifi package in the ROM. Even stock. It leads me to believe that there is a missing symlink

Reactions: benny3

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Volte is working on at&t. Just for ****s and giggles I enabled vowifi in settings. I get the same log messages that were in the log that was posted.

E/ActivityThread(11336): Failed to find provider info for com.htc.vowifi

There is no com.htc.vowifi package in the ROM. Even stock. It leads me to believe that there is a missing symlink
Probably a missing (or incorrect) permission in the updater-script. The symlinks shouldn't be an issue since they're taken from the system image directly. The set_metadata perms/contexts, on the other hand, were done manually (from previous Android versions), and may have changed (or more may have been added) for Nougat.

The file contexts is now in a binary format which makes it more difficult to read/extract. Though I think there may be a tool for that somewhere...

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Probably a missing (or incorrect) permission in the updater-script. The symlinks shouldn't be an issue since they're taken from the system image directly. The set_metadata perms/contexts, on the other hand, were done manually (from previous Android versions), and may have changed (or more may have been added) for Nougat.

The file contexts is now in a binary format which makes it more difficult to read/extract. Though I think there may be a tool for that somewhere...
Subscribing to here to see if you guys will be able to figure it out.
Ive got tons of logs etc all posting towards enable_vowifi prop not being there.

chas123

Oct 29, 2008

I nosed around for a bit trying to find something to extract the bin file just to compare it to the one in the kitchen. Need to revisit that.

The other line in the log- I/ActivityManager(3626): Cannot resolve ContentProvider=com.htc.vowifi

Like I said- That package does not exist. The call for it comes from Settings i.e content://com.htc.vowifi. Presumably, the actual URI/content would come from wfc-provider.apk and the actual vowifi apk would be WFCWifiCall.apk w/ the package name com.htc.wfcwificall. I might try to flash a sparse_dat ROM to see what happens.

Reactions: munkyvirus

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I nosed around for a bit trying to find something to extract the bin file just to compare it to the one in the kitchen. Need to revisit that.

The other line in the log- I/ActivityManager(3626): Cannot resolve ContentProvider=com.htc.vowifi

Like I said- That package does not exist. The call for it comes from Settings i.e content://com.htc.vowifi. Presumably, the actual URI/content would come from wfc-provider.apk and the actual vowifi apk would be WFCWifiCall.apk w/ the package name com.htc.wfcwificall. I might try to flash a sparse_dat ROM to see what happens.
I'm pretty sure @nkk71 knows how to extract the file_contexts.bin. If he could share that knowledge with us and @SuperR. as well it would probably allow the kitchen to find the proper contexts/permissions for whatever files are different/missing.

p50kombi

Dec 20, 2005
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

If there's anything I can do to help figure this out, let me know...
I'm kind of dependant of WiFi calling, it's close to Christmas so its quiet with calls at the moment thankfully.

Oh, btw. That's WiFi​ calling in the UK on EE network:)

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
I'm pretty sure @nkk71 knows how to extract the file_contexts.bin. If he could share that knowledge with us and @SuperR. as well it would probably allow the kitchen to find the proper contexts/permissions for whatever files are different/missing.
The kitchen already extracts file_contexts.bin. It has for a while now actually. The bin format was introduced in M for some devices. Take a look in 00_project_files after extracting your rom. file_contexts is the extracted file_contexts.bin if it exists. The kitchen does not use any preset file_contexts, only preset file permissions. file_contexts2 is a filtered list the kitchen uses for set_metadata roms.

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
The kitchen already extracts file_contexts.bin. It has for a while now actually. The bin format was introduced in M for some devices. Take a look in 00_project_files after extracting your rom. file_contexts is the extracted file_contexts.bin if it exists. The kitchen does not use any preset file_contexts, only preset file permissions. file_contexts2 is a filtered list the kitchen uses for set_metadata roms.

That's what I thought.. the log errors thrown by WiFi calling do look to be security related, just not had time to try and get to the bottom of it yet.. doesn't look like the advanced calling features props are being set at all once the system partition has been modified, which leads me to think it could be verity or selinux related, a layer of security for carrier configurations

P.S .. really appreciate the work you do on the kitchen, it certainly makes life a lot easier when jumping to a new base

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Bad Boyz presents...

8JXPO5x.png

Bad Boyz US unlocked HTC 10 ROM 7 NOUGAT Sense 8 v3.2
    Modified Stock Kernel

DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD Magisk ROM

REQUIREMENTS

Code:
    [B]
    -Must be unlocked with custom recovery installed [URL="https://dl.twrp.me/pme/"](TWRP)[/URL]
    -[URL="http://theroot.ninja/"]S-Off highly recommended!!![/URL] thx @jcase & crew!
    [/B]

FEATURES - 1.23.17

Code:
    [B]
    -based on US Unlocked 2.41.617.3 RUU
    -compatible w/ AT&T, TMO, VZW & INTL
    [/B]

KERNEL

Code:
    [B]
    -Stock Kernel
    [/B]

MODs
    Code:
    [B]
    SystemUI mods (activated in tweaks app)

-added SystemUI Tuner (to activate, open QS, long press settings cog)
    -added DoubleTap to sleep in the status bar
    -added Right corner pulldown QS
    -added MIUI battery indicator
    -added Traffic indicator 
    -toggle power saver notification 
    -toggle GPS icon 
    -hide clock
    -center clock 
    -hide boomsound icon 
    -hide battery icon 
    -show battery % in battery
    -show QS battery % 
    -show QS user icon
    -show QS small icons
    -show QS 4 columns
    -show/hide brightness bar

Prism mods

-added 5x6 app drawer
    -added landscape (activated in tweaks app)
    -added inifinte folders (activated in tweaks app)

Misc mods

-added SuperSU 2.79 (dm-verity disabled, forced encryption)
    -added Bad Boyz Tweaks app
    -added Bad Boyz Modz App
    -Ambient Display- The wake on pick up function does not work.
    -added APM
    -added Multiuser support
    -added animation tweaks
    -added default Dev options menu
    -added init.d support
    -added hotspot support
    -added Auto-Start Manager (settings/security)
    -disabled adb icon
    -disabled NFC icon
    -disabled sig checks
    -removed bootup sound
    -debloated ROM
    - Misc. performance tweaks
    [/B]

ADDED

Code:
    [B]
    -[URL="https://www.romdashboard.com"][COLOR=Black]ROMdB Dev Tool[/COLOR][/URL]
    -BB Tweaks App
    -BB Modz App
    -aLogcat
    -HTC Music
    -HTC Gallery
    [/B]

Changelog

v3.1 1-4-17
    Updated to 2.38.617.6

v3 12-17-16
    --Updated To Nougat- Based on official 2.28.617.8 RUU

v2.1 8-25-16
    --Rebased on official 1.91 RUU
    -Added tweaks
    -Various bug fixes

v1.1 - 5.24.16
    -updated APM, replaced reboot-bootloader w/ reboot-download mode
    -updated default download dir for Modz App to /internal/BadBoyz_Modz, can be changed in settings
    -updated SuperSU to v2.74
    -removed device check during install

v1.0 - 5.15.16
    -initial release

CREDITS

OMJ - Team Bad Boyz
    benny3 - Team Bad Boyz
    chas123 - Team Bad Boyz
    joeykrim - ROMdb
    lyapota - mods
    ChainFire - SuperSU
    Digitalhigh - Tweaks App
    SuperR. - kitchen
    Captain_Throwback - twrp and testing

We also want to thank the following devs for their contributions: TeamWin, LeeDroid, baadnewz,
    LlabTooFeR, dazednconfused & amarullz for all the excellent guides, tutorials, mods, kernels & help!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Bad Boyz US unlocked HTC 10 ROM 6.0.1 Sense 8 v2.1, ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors
    chas123, OMJ, benny3
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.0
    Stable Release Date: 2016-05-16

Created 2016-05-16
    Last Updated 2018-02-14
    Rom updated in OP

- Rebased on official 1.8 RUU
    - Tethering fix
    - Updated modded Prism
    - Added more mods to tweaks app (see OP)
    I created a few Splash screens for our Bad Boys ROM. Thanks to @benny3 for his Flash Creator! It seems to trip the dreaded Red text " This build is for...blah, blah, blah." So I modified the aboot as well. THESE ARE FOR US UNLOCKED VERSION FIRMWARE 1.53.617.53

Splash1_US_Unlocked.zip
    BadBoyz Logo Splash_US_Unlocked.zip
    BadBoyz Blue Chrome US_Unlocked.zip

Instructions:
    Place Zip in your fastboot folder.
    Reboot to Download Mode
    in CMD from fastboot folder type: fastboot flash zip Filename.zip (Will have to do this twice!!!)
    fastboot reboot
    PROFIT!
    Magisk based ROM

*Update ROM is intended for those that already have Magisk installed, Full ROM is for those starting clean

Make sure you're stock, if you're on a custom ROM, either flash RUU or restore untouched system & boot imgs. This ROM will flash everything: Magisk, Magisk Mgr, phh Superuser, and of course the Bad Boyz ROM module. Phh Superuser is the preferred root for maximum usefulness (safetynet masking). If you are stock but have systemless SuperSU installed, I recommend you uninstall & delete /data/su.img, but the ROM is compatible w/ SuperSU, as long as it is systemless & installed prior to installing this ROM...

:D

thx @topjohnwoo, @Captain_Throwback & @LeeDroid for all the collaboration & help!!!