How to Root LeEco Le Max 2 - Full Proof Root Method - Detailed Method - For Dummies!

Search This thread

CalauDude

May 31, 2016
your are official my hero now it work

my installed driver in fastboot is "Android Soner Single ADB Interface" now it WORKS!

vanevs22

Nov 14, 2016
Mission Viejo, CA
Here we go.....

Alrighty....... So I have had it up to here with LeEco and their stupid EUI..... So it is finally root time. This will be my first attempt ever so wish me luck. I have all three files downloaded and am scared and anxious about this whole process ...but, here it goes. And I you have any last minute pointers, please let me know asap.

So LeEco ( LeTV or Le ) Launched Their Summer End Device AKA The One and The Only The Flagship Of This Year ( Just jk :p) Le MAX 2, This phone has Killer Specs, Killer Price and Everything Which Is Clear and I Also attended the Event which happend in Sirifort India.
Today I'm Going to show You guys a Root Method of The Device, So basically TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2 is already available.;)
Let's Start Doing It :
Firstly Download the following Files :

Download ADB Fastboot Driver : stechguide (dot) com/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows/
Download TWRP 3.0 : androidfilehost (dot) com/?fid=24588239633383558
Download SuperSu : download.chainfire (dot) eu/897/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip

Install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2 –

1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.

Code:
fastboot devices

5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

6) YAAY!, you installed the custom recovery on YOUR PHONE!

Time to root :
1) To Root LeEco Le Max 2, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.

2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.

3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.

4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root.

5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. yaay! you rooted the device!:laugh:

Enjoy!

Reactions: Meeravali

gszych

Nov 20, 2012
Warsaw
I have 5.8.018s build installed TWRP 3.0.2 and is seems working.
However when I install BetaSuperSU2.17.zip from TWRP everything goes fine but after checking it in RootChecker I got the message that root is not installed properly.
Any ideas what is wrong?

Reactions: Meeravali

vanevs22

Nov 14, 2016
Mission Viejo, CA
Hi, so I have questions... A while back I wrote the thread topic definition of a NOOB. .. I made it as far as the second step, then was just lost... I downloaded all three things needed then on step #2 got lost in the technical jargon and never rooted my phone. I didn't know which file needed to go in which folder and on which device, PC or phone, the action needed to be completed on and also how and where to enter in the codes..... I don't know. I'm a boob noob. Can someone please help me out with rooting my Le Max 2.... I need a guide that has been dumbed down to the easiest possible way to understand what exactly are the steps in order to do so..... Please help:confused:

QUOTE=vanevs22;69966052]I have never rooted a device. before....Never Ever...... I am looking for help for an "ULTRA NOOB" guide on how to root my Le Max2 . My main and only goal for now is to get my device to an dark theme. Black background with white font. Any help out there? Oh yeah, and please let me reiterate how much of a beginner I am with all of this.
I don't really completely understand TWRP, or fastboot etc. Complete noob.[/QUOTE]

Hello you need,
1) TWRP Recovery drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UizUpBrF1YeFZhckhqUlhsdzA (for Le Max 2 ONLY, search google for other phones.)
2) Root.zip drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UizUpBrF1YWmU0SU82clhUb0k (PUT THIS IN PHONE FOLDER) (DON'T UNZIP!!!)
3) An existing ADB and FASTBOOT. This comes with the Android SDK from Google. Google this if you don't have this one. or you can use Minimal ADB and Fastboot.

Steps -
1) Place the root.zip in the base folder of storage in phone.
2) Place the twrp.img in the same folder as ADB and FASTBOOT.
3) Check if phone is detected with this command, if it does not show any devices, add Drivers and/or change ADB and FASTBOOT versions.
Code:
adb devices
4) If it detects, run the following commands -
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
{[WAIT FOR DEVICE TO GO TO BOOTLOADER MODE]}
fastboot boot twrp.img
{[WAIT FOR RECOVERY TO OPEN]
5) Now flash supersu zip and reboot.

Last edited:

Mauberley

Jan 5, 2017
I have 5.8.018s build installed TWRP 3.0.2 and is seems working.
However when I install BetaSuperSU2.17.zip from TWRP everything goes fine but after checking it in RootChecker I got the message that root is not installed properly.
Any ideas what is wrong?

I have a very similar issue.

I would say from an overall perspective that I had issues at quite a few steps with the 'full (sic) proof root method' here described. Here are some of them :

- The combination of keys 'volume down' and 'power' does not work for me - keep getting standard recovery mode.
- The only way to reboot in custom recovery was with the 'fastboot boot *.img' technique mentioned by another user above (from fastboot mode).
- The first attempt to root did not work as apparently the BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip file was not complete. I had to download it three times before I got the whole file. Could just be a mirroring issue or a network issue on my side.
- Finally after rooting, when I run spme root checkers (3 out of 4), they are basically giving me black screens or timeouts. Nothing is happening, which I suppose means that the root has not functioned properly.
- With the remaining root checker (Root Checker by JoeyKrim), I get the message 'Sorry! Root access is not properly installed on this device'.

I have followed the procedure twice, to no avail. Each time the process seems to go smoothly, the telephone reboots, but no root.

So this is far from a smooth process.

Last edited:
Reactions: vanevs22

Harshjain1711

Jan 4, 2017
adb issue ??

guys if you cant get adb then its ok. just power off your phone and press volume down + power to enter into fastboot mode. rest all steps same. it will work.:good:

Reactions: vanevs22

Personmans

Feb 24, 2016
Hope this will help someone with trouble getting ADB/Fastboot to work. I assume you have a similar environment to me: Windows 10, with working ADB drivers on another device (LG G4 in my case)

Set up LeMax2 in developer mode and enable USB debugging as usual.
Plug in usb and dial *#*#76937#*#* check the box that says "Enable AT Port"
The device should immediately give you the approval message for USB debugging.
Note: This will not stick after a reboot.

Once I had this working, I did an adb reboot recovery, but fastboot still did not work. With the device connected and at the stock recovery screen, I had to open device manager, delete the LeMax device, and allow it to detect again. Finally it appeared in fastboot devices and I was able to flash recovery.

oic0

Sep 17, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Hope this will help someone with trouble getting ADB/Fastboot to work. I assume you have a similar environment to me: Windows 10, with working ADB drivers on another device (LG G4 in my case)

Set up LeMax2 in developer mode and enable USB debugging as usual.
Plug in usb and dial *#*#76937#*#* check the box that says "Enable AT Port"
The device should immediately give you the approval message for USB debugging.
Note: This will not stick after a reboot.

Once I had this working, I did an adb reboot recovery, but fastboot still did not work. With the device connected and at the stock recovery screen, I had to open device manager, delete the LeMax device, and allow it to detect again. Finally it appeared in fastboot devices and I was able to flash recovery.

I know you said it doesn't last through reboot, but it made mine work when I went into fastboot! previously I couldnt write to it.

a788t

Sep 16, 2014
A few suggestions:
1. In Le Max 2, to boot into recovery mode you need to hold PWR+PowerUP, not PWR+PowerDN - PWR+PowerDN boots into fastboot.
2. After flashing TWRP, you need to immediately go to recovery mode, so don't do fastboot reboot or press power button alone but with the PowerUP.
3. Neither TWRP linked in this thread or by TeamSpain suggested by someone in this thread worked for me (seen empty dirs, no files). I've used the 3.2.1-2 X2 from the oficial TWRP website ( (https) eu.dl.twrp.me/x2/twrp-3.2.1-2-x2.img.html)
4. The link to SuperSU in this thread is dead and as the links on the official SuperSU website are also broken, I've used the flashable v2.82 ZIP from here (http) stechguide.com/download-latest-supersu-v2-82

For chinese devices you may also need to unblock OEM prior to all of this (I had the device already unlocked as it was the international version)

geekch

Sep 26, 2015
Hello, it is not for spam, but in this group of TELEGRAM we have solved this and more doubts t.me/LeecoLeMax2Chat , I hope you find it useful. ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO SPEAK SPANISH. USE TRANSLATOR
Hola, no es por hacer spam, pero en este grupo de TELEGRAM hemos resuelto esta y mas dudas t.me/LeecoLeMax2Chat , espero que os sea de utiliad. SOLO PARA GENTE QUE HABLA ESPAÑOL.

andydgg

Sep 1, 2014
keeps booting to eui recovery, tried both twrp posted here, neither works. Think I'm stuck with stock rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So LeEco ( LeTV or Le ) Launched Their Summer End Device AKA The One and The Only The Flagship Of This Year ( Just jk :p) Le MAX 2, This phone has Killer Specs, Killer Price and Everything Which Is Clear and I Also attended the Event which happend in Sirifort India.
    Today I'm Going to show You guys a Root Method of The Device, So basically TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery for LeEco Le Max 2 is already available.;)
    Let's Start Doing It :
    Firstly Download the following Files :

Download ADB Fastboot Driver : stechguide (dot) com/how-to-install-adb-and-fastboot-on-windows/
    Download TWRP 3.0 : androidfilehost (dot) com/?fid=24588239633383558
    Download SuperSu : download.chainfire (dot) eu/897/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.67-20160121175247.zip

Install TWRP on LeEco Le Max 2 –

1) First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
    2) Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
    3) Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

4) You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.

Code:
    fastboot devices

5) Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

6) YAAY!, you installed the custom recovery on YOUR PHONE!

Time to root :
    1) To Root LeEco Le Max 2, first, download the SuperSu zip file from above.

2) Now save the SuperSu zip file to your phone.

3) Boot your device into Recovery mode (TWRP) by pressing ‘Volume Down + Power‘ button.

4) In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root.

5) Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. yaay! you rooted the device!:laugh:

Enjoy!
    Thank you for the guide. I pushed twrp into my phone without any error and I'm on the OTA 5.8.015S but it doesn't work. I rebooted into recovery and it still gave me the stock recovery screen.
    Finally got it to work! After pushing twrp you have to type fastboot boot twrp.img and you will get a screen that looks like it's broken. Leave it alone for about 1 minute or two then the screen will turn off. Then press the power button once only to wake the screen up. From there twrp is working! Thank you to steve mars and jim262 for this tips!
    Can't get adb/fastboot to work on Windows 10
    Can't get adb/fastboot to work on Windows 10

Did you ever get a solution for this?

Windows 10 can be a pain at times when it comes to drivers and stuff.