[GAME][7/19/10] Counting Sheep 0.2

Search This thread

RDT

Feb 22, 2008
Prague
Counting Sheep 0.2

Do you consume lots of caffeine, or just sleep poorly? This Counting Sheep is a exercise, where you have to drag identical white sheep over the bridge (while they are doing backflips). The idea, presumably, is to induce boredom while occupying the mind with something simple, repetitive, and rhythmic, all of which are known to help humans sleep.

The text and idea draws from the Wikipedia article.

When you go to sleep with the application, be sure to plug in the charger. Application will run until the morning (then you will see how many sheep you have counted :D). To exit, press the right top corner.

Includes graphics for all display resolutions (except HVGA) and runs on Pocket PC 2002 and higher ;).

Code:
CHANGELOG

- Initial release

+ App will not stay open all night anymore. When you stop counting for 10 minutes, you will be asked if you are sleeping and if you do not start to count again in 15 seconds, the app will end, so the device can sleep too. (tip by simzz)
+ Larger exit button (tip by TrillionChampion)
+ Semitransparent numbers

TO DO:
- HVGA support
- Auto counting
- Saving how many sheep have you counted?

CountingSheep012.png
CountingSheep014.png
CountingSheep016.png

(Version 0.1)

CountingSheep1.png
CountingSheep2.png
CountingSheep3.png

(Version 0.2)

Download here (version 0.2).

Sorry for my English :D.

Last edited:

znial

Aug 27, 2007
Bologna
working fine on my acer betouch e101. WQVGA 6.5.x

Great game, cool idea!
now i have to go to bed... and continue testing...
zzz...
good night!

ZoneBlaze

Mar 16, 2009
hello mister developer. could you add an options menu and an option to have the sheep go automatically? and a setting to set interval/frequency. all this swiping will keep some of us awake ;p

simzz

Mar 17, 2006
Looks great. I have an idea for a feature. Maybe every 15 minutes a screen could come up and say "exiting in 5 seconds" and you would have to tap the screen to keep it open. That way, it wouldn't stay open all night, but if you really are awake and using the app, then you could just tap and renew your 15 minutes. Just an idea, thought it might be kind of useful.

RDT

Feb 22, 2008
Prague
Thank you all for your positive responses, I'm happy about it :D.

... could you add an options menu and an option to have the sheep go automatically? and a setting to set interval/frequency. ...
Yes, it should not be a problem. I'll try to add this to next version.

... I have an idea for a feature. Maybe every 15 minutes a screen could come up and say "exiting in 5 seconds" and you would have to tap the screen to keep it open. That way, it wouldn't stay open all night, but if you really are awake and using the app, then you could just tap and renew your 15 minutes. ...
Also a really great idea, certainly I'll add this to the next version, too.

BTW: Now I know why it's good to put your software on the XDA. It's an unlimited source of ideas :D.

mkstevo

Mar 5, 2010
Tried this on my HTC HD Mini today.

It works, but (not surprisingly I suppose) as the HD Mini has a HVGA screen resolution, you literally can only see half the screen! The background is cut off horizontally about mid-way across the bridge, which I assume from the screen shots should be in the middle horizontally? Vertically the background appears to be correct.

Seems to work otherwise. If you have chance to scale the resolution for HVGA, I'd appreciate it.

Many thanks and congratulations.

ziupo

Feb 8, 2009
What if add support for the accelerometer, so the application could itself off after sleep?