Telus Lite V5.2 [3/7/2011] -- THE Fastest Eclair mod

Search This thread

xslntx

Jan 20, 2010
Mississauga
Many annoyances I've found have been removed, including all unnecessary Motorola apps. The Motorola docks have been replaced with Google's standard ones - I find them more useful.

It's based on a hybrid of SHOLS_U2_02.36.0 for central Europe, and SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 for Telus, with North American frequencies enabled. Uses LauncherPro as the default, and only bundled launcher, includes the Dalvik cache hack, and will overclock the CPU to 1100MHz. To some, this may be excessive, but the Cortex A8 is an extremely capable CPU, which, I've found, has absolutely no trouble running at even 1250MHz while being absolutely stable. At 1100MHz, the device remains cool to the touch, aside from when there's heavy 3G activity - something that occurs even at stock speeds. That said, battery life continues to be as good, if not better, than a stock firmware.

The overclock is automatically adjusted based on the load of the CPU. If you rarely do intensive tasks with your device, it will rarely reach its max clock speed. This helps to ensure cool, reliable operation while being completely unnoticeable by the end-user.

If you would like to change, or disable overclocking, you can do so with GOT's OpenRecovery. It will override the default settings.

JIT is NOT installed. If you'd like JIT, it can be installed via OpenRecovery.

What you can expect from V4:
-Improved battery life
-Considerably snappier performance all-around
-More reliable data connection
-Automatic APN configuration nearly worldwide
-Unbeatable stability (weeks upon weeks of uptime)
-A new theme

V4.1 Update:
-Interactive Governor added (backport by nadlabak)
-Updated Messaging icon
-Uses Google DNS for faster host resolves

V5 Changelog:
-Plenty of performance enhancements
-Updated Market (thanks antonyfl)
-Switched to ADW Launcher
-Other stuff I can't remember.

V5.1 Changelog:
-Updated maps/adw/facebook
-Modified Phone.apk (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8120125)
-Bugfixes
-Additional scheduler improvements
-Reduced size

V5.2 Changelog:
-Fixed setup page glitch

You'll notice the power menu has an entry labeled "Yearly". It's reboot. I'm too lazy to find the reboot string. Yeah, it looks weird, but it works. If you don't like it, just swap out android.policy.jar with one from an earlier version.

Some screenshots:
lock-1.png
home-1.png
storage.png
setting.png

Additional images can be found here

A video of the boot/shutdown process:

I'd like to thank Jedipottsy for the base theme design. The post can be found here.

When upgrading from version 3.0 or earlier, or coming from a different "rom" entirely, I very strongly suggest you wipe your device prior to flashing. You don't have to, but you wont receive many of the performance gains without doing so.
Future versions will not necessitate, or recommend, a wipe. Including 4.0 to 4.1.

For those who require 900/1800/2100 frequencies, they can be enabled by applying the update.zip below. Be sure you've already installed the backup before you run the update.zip, however. Further localization, such as keyboard layout, can be accomplished using OpenRecovery.

Big thanks to peterdelara for the mirrors.

The Downloads:
Telus Lite V5.2 Download
Telus Lite V5 Download
Telus Lite V4.1 Download

For Exchange Support:
Exchange Support Patch

For European Frequencies:
European Frequency Update.zip

Last edited:

xslntx

Jan 20, 2010
Mississauga
How do I apply this file?

You'll have to flash the vulnerable recovery .sbf if you haven't got it already, and run OpenRecovery, or any other means of applying a nandroid backup. OpenRecovery is menu-based, so it's probably the easiest method.

Simply extract the .7z file, and place it in /sdcard/nandroid/openrecovery/

hey good work man, jsut curious how your battery life is on this setup and if hspa works as well?

I've found battery life to be as good as when I bought it, if not better, and HSPA is working.

Armani G

Mar 5, 2009
Etobicoke
Im on your backup right now and i must say whatever you did to it is amazing... this phone is running so fast its crazy! Looking forward to more updates...

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

vagelisda

Feb 24, 2010
athens
Is there a chance,that you lowered the cpu speed?at about 720 or 800 or something?
I know its been said that the processor can handle it,but i just dont feel so good doing it,you must be a risky dude to do it :p

I think app2sd,creates more problems than it solves...
I hear all the time about weird things it does...
Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

coren4

May 21, 2010
I had installed MilestoneOverlock and SetCpu. You just need to set frequency as you want, and voltage on procesor, because i think default max voltage in this rom is too high- on 1000MHz i have 60vsel and it works fine.

Last edited:

xslntx

Jan 20, 2010
Mississauga
Is there a chance,that you lowered the cpu speed?at about 720 or 800 or something?
I know its been said that the processor can handle it,but i just dont feel so good doing it,you must be a risky dude to do it :p

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

On the contrary, I don't take risks with my phone - I depend on it daily for work.

That said, the CPU speed can be changed by modifying /system/bin/boot_script/51_overclock.sh.
Simply change the 1100000 to the clock speed of your choice (in kHz) and the vsel to the lowest you can get while still being stable.

The easiest way to go about this is with Root Explorer, but you can do it with adb as well.

gemini002

May 14, 2008
app2sd does not work on this kernal er nano backup i just get stuck in bootloop crap im just gunna wait for froyo

gemini002

May 14, 2008
when i do a nano restore all my apps are gone i wtf this is not good if u have app2sd installed some one tell me what's going on here??

gemini002

May 14, 2008
dunno did a wipe tried to restore it restores all my setting but market is gone allot of stuff is not there:mad:my messages are still there wtf man:mad: all my system apps gone market down loads etc

Last edited:

Deku420

May 29, 2008
Looks awesome! Got it loaded on my Telus Milestone fine.
First time modding my phone, went ok I suppose.

Thanks!
-MikeH.

--Edit--
Figured out how Superuser Permissions works ;P

Last edited:

gemini002

May 14, 2008
i wish app2sd worked i have a ton of apps had to use titanium back up to restore this changed my sys files crap good for those who dont use app2sd i suppose

Paitor

Apr 20, 2007
Gothenburg
Ok, I am new to this. yesterday I rooted my phone to remove the annyoing camera sound. That worked fine. Now I used your backup and after that I only come to the bootloader with err:A5,69,35,00,23. I then tried to restore my own backup but still it stops in bootloader. What have I done wrong?

Edit: I flashed G.O.T. SHOLS_U2_36.0 released for UK so now the phone is working againg. Isn't this nandbackup supposed to work on all milestones?

Last edited:

xslntx

Jan 20, 2010
Mississauga
OP,

I'm sure you've done it...have you done the A-GPS fix in your backup?

Thanks,

I sure have. In my area (near toronto) I get a gps lock generally in less than 3 seconds.

Ok, I am new to this. yesterday I rooted my phone to remove the annyoing camera sound. That worked fine. Now I used your backup and after that I only come to the bootloader with err:A5,69,35,00,23. I then tried to restore my own backup but still it stops in bootloader. What have I done wrong?

Edit: I flashed G.O.T. SHOLS_U2_36.0 released for UK so now the phone is working againg. Isn't this nandbackup supposed to work on all milestones?

It should work for all of them, but I sold my UK milestone, so I can't test it with anything but a Telus one. Did it say the flash was successful?

Perhaps if you restore it without flashing boot, it'll start successfully.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many annoyances I've found have been removed, including all unnecessary Motorola apps. The Motorola docks have been replaced with Google's standard ones - I find them more useful.

It's based on a hybrid of SHOLS_U2_02.36.0 for central Europe, and SHOLS_U2_03.11.0 for Telus, with North American frequencies enabled. Uses LauncherPro as the default, and only bundled launcher, includes the Dalvik cache hack, and will overclock the CPU to 1100MHz. To some, this may be excessive, but the Cortex A8 is an extremely capable CPU, which, I've found, has absolutely no trouble running at even 1250MHz while being absolutely stable. At 1100MHz, the device remains cool to the touch, aside from when there's heavy 3G activity - something that occurs even at stock speeds. That said, battery life continues to be as good, if not better, than a stock firmware.

The overclock is automatically adjusted based on the load of the CPU. If you rarely do intensive tasks with your device, it will rarely reach its max clock speed. This helps to ensure cool, reliable operation while being completely unnoticeable by the end-user.

If you would like to change, or disable overclocking, you can do so with GOT's OpenRecovery. It will override the default settings.

JIT is NOT installed. If you'd like JIT, it can be installed via OpenRecovery.

What you can expect from V4:
    -Improved battery life
    -Considerably snappier performance all-around
    -More reliable data connection
    -Automatic APN configuration nearly worldwide
    -Unbeatable stability (weeks upon weeks of uptime)
    -A new theme

V4.1 Update:
    -Interactive Governor added (backport by nadlabak)
    -Updated Messaging icon
    -Uses Google DNS for faster host resolves

V5 Changelog:
    -Plenty of performance enhancements
    -Updated Market (thanks antonyfl)
    -Switched to ADW Launcher
    -Other stuff I can't remember.

V5.1 Changelog:
    -Updated maps/adw/facebook
    -Modified Phone.apk (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=8120125)
    -Bugfixes
    -Additional scheduler improvements
    -Reduced size

V5.2 Changelog:
    -Fixed setup page glitch

You'll notice the power menu has an entry labeled "Yearly". It's reboot. I'm too lazy to find the reboot string. Yeah, it looks weird, but it works. If you don't like it, just swap out android.policy.jar with one from an earlier version.

Some screenshots:
    lock-1.png
    home-1.png
    storage.png
    setting.png

Additional images can be found here

A video of the boot/shutdown process:

I'd like to thank Jedipottsy for the base theme design. The post can be found here.

When upgrading from version 3.0 or earlier, or coming from a different "rom" entirely, I very strongly suggest you wipe your device prior to flashing. You don't have to, but you wont receive many of the performance gains without doing so.
    Future versions will not necessitate, or recommend, a wipe. Including 4.0 to 4.1.

For those who require 900/1800/2100 frequencies, they can be enabled by applying the update.zip below. Be sure you've already installed the backup before you run the update.zip, however. Further localization, such as keyboard layout, can be accomplished using OpenRecovery.

Big thanks to peterdelara for the mirrors.

The Downloads:
    Telus Lite V5.2 Download
    Telus Lite V5 Download
    Telus Lite V4.1 Download

For Exchange Support:
    Exchange Support Patch

For European Frequencies:
    European Frequency Update.zip
    apps2ext GScript script

Hey everybody!

Finally i got some time to finish this... :D

So, here is script for GScript (Lite) that will enable apps2ext on Telus Lite!!

Do this on your own risk!! I cannot be held responsible if your phone doesnt start after this, or anything else! This is provided without any warranty!!!
    BACKUP YOUR PHONE BEFORE RUNNING THIS!!!!!!

It has two scripts and folder (what to do with it read in step 1). Script named "app2ext.sh" will move /data/app, /data/app-private, /data/dalvik-cache AND /data/data to sdcard! If you don't have fast sdcard, you probably don't want to run this one!.
    Second script is named as "app2ext_nodata.sh", and like name implies, it will move all folder mentioned EXCEPT /data/data.
    In folder, there are modified /system/bin/mot_boot_mode and ext2.ko module. This will only work on TelusLite!!!

Also, if you installed/runned any app2ext before, you need to remove (if exists) /system/lib/modules/ext2.ko, and it's recomended to wipe ext2 partition.

Good luck! ;)

Procedure:

Step 0: BACKUP YOUR PHONE!!!!!!
    Step 1: extract content of attached zip to /sdcard/gscript (i'm not shure about caps, so create folder gscript with all small leters"")
    Step 2: Open GScript (Lite), press Menu key, tap on Add script, tap on Load file, select app2ext.sh, make sure that Needs SU is ENABLED and then tap on Save
    Step 3: Tap on app2ext item in scripts list (main application window)
    Step 4: Ignore some errors, and wait until it says that you need to reboot your device
    Step 5: Cross your fingers and reboot device!!! :D First startup could/will last longer, so be patient!!
    Step 6: Enjoy!!!! :cool:

If you remove sdcard from phone, it will work, but only with apps that were on phone before you executed this script!! :cool:

I tested it on fresh install of TelusLite 5.2, and it's working perfectly. I moved /data/data to sdcard, rebooted, and had 190MB free space on /data, even after I installed Skype!
    Sorry for the late reply. Go ahead but please re-upload the teluslitev52.zip somewhere else, because I won't keep it on my dropbox forever.
    i just reupload the file to some other hosters ;)
    http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/25444017/file.html
    http://www.multiupload.nl/Z66VJ36LII
    Either way, big thanks for what you've done! I'm confident this is the best ROM for the Milestone and I can't think of anything that needs to be fixed. It's complete. Great job :)

Edit: I could use the wallpaper from the first post. TIA

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd165/Difinity21/grey-wood-slant.jpg

No idea who created it, sadly.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's been a lot of fun working with the Milestone.
    If anybody would like to take over, I'll gladly hand over the thread.
    Hey i get the same error here,do you mind to load the sms/mms apk up? I would be very pleased.

Btw i simply love that rom!!! Fast and stable plus the battery remains (at least for me) very very long...from about 10hours with cm7 rc3 to over 20....and i use my mobile as it should be, 2-3 hrs surfing 1-2hrs music and msn almost all the time...

Milestone Tellus lite v5.2 XDA App

Here you go.

Remember permissions. User Read + Write. Group Read. Others Read.