Elephone P8 MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa Core 5.7 Inch FHD 1920x1080

Search This thread

Hangman1860

Sep 26, 2015
This is normal - don't worry!

Remove battery. Insert battery and try again.

Al you need is a custom recovery.
You may download CTR (carliv touch recovery), TWRP (team win recovery project) or Philz touch recovery from my reposority.
n2k1.com/n2k1/Sesonn_N9000+/P8_ctr25.rar[/url]
Just extract and flash within SPFT.
Now you are able to install the ETP.

The more I read, the less I understand.
Sorry for comming up with the same question again, but I don't get ETP_V1.5 installed.
I downloaded all tools but don't understand how to use them.

When I try to execute ETP_V1.5 in the flashing mode from SD Card (volume up + power) it says "installation aborted".
I downloaded the P8_ctr 25 and the SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1312.0.139 but have no clue how to continue.
Please can somebody help me.

Rui Jorge Silva

Sep 23, 2015
P8 screen freezes sometimes when I'm trying to unlock

Hello everybody. sorry for my english is not fluent.
so i have Elephone p8 bought it in october 2014. Last 10days there is a strange problem.Touch screen problem so when i restart phone touch screen works without problem and doesnot stuck but if i block screen and after block if i want open phone Touch screen doesnot response Power Button Voice button Home Button works they response but touch screen doesnot response. sometimes after restart it works .or i need block screen then unblock sometimes it helpps.
hope understand what i meant thank you.

Hi FaridAZE,

the same goes for my P8, I try to unlock the screen but does not respond, I have to try one more, and again to unlock even sometimes when I receive calls and messages this happens. When the screen locks, I press the Home button or the sound button these work showing me open applications and being able to increase the sound
also see that the locked screen with the clock working
I've taken applications, settings changed
and nothing has improved
I do not know what to do.

some simple solution ????

Regards

Rui

Rui Jorge Silva

Sep 23, 2015
Battery Bugg - Lk.Bin

Battery Bugg - Lk.Bin
Just a question,

To replace our Lk.bin by the German forum, I think that's how you did:
First opened the spft, we download the scatter of our rom we want to install, then deselected all the boxes except the Uboot box and clicking twice on that line to find the Lk.Bin file (the old 04/28/2014) , correct?
Now, with only Uboot box marked and Lk.bin file inserted on the line, only download the old Lk.bin for Elephone P8, correct?
Can confirm me.
Thank you

Rui

Shredder11

Jan 27, 2008
The only thing I miss on my P8 is the NFC support.

Damn is this really true? I bought my P8 in February 2014 and my sister got one in April 2014, and has since broken the USB socket meaning she can no longer recharge the battery; she currently takes the battery out to charge it. Seeing as the published specifications mentioned NFC, I thought I would buy a wireless charger for her phone.

I've also installed AIDA64 v1.43 and the "Device Features:" section shows "nfc" as being present. I'm not sure how to get at the NFC feature though, unless it just automatically triggered once near a compatible external device? I notice in the Apps section there is a running process called, "Nfc Service".

Last edited:

fragtion

Sep 1, 2013
Johannesburg
The broken USB issue is a common problem with the P8. You can buy a replacement USB module and it's not too expensive or difficult to repair. I fixed mine and an up and running again.

Shredder11

Jan 27, 2008
The broken USB issue is a common problem with the P8. You can buy a replacement USB module and it's not too expensive or difficult to repair. I fixed mine and an up and running again.

What size soldering iron tip did you use for this job? I've only got a Weller 50W soldering station with a regular sized tip I think. Also would adding some hot glue stick stuff help to fix it more securely? The guy on the EEVBlog on YouTube calls it "hot snot" :D

Last edited:

statinsky

Feb 9, 2009
Hello my friends, I received elephone P8 few weeks ago and I have to say it's a very good phone for its price. Unfortunately I found two problems. The battery lasts only few hours and I'm obliges to recharge twice a day, and second one, the front camera is not working nor with Skype neither with the Facebook live streaming but it works fine with pictures. What can I do to fix them? The firmware is the original one. Thanks everybody

Inviato dal mio P8 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.....

This thread is about the The ELEPHONE P8 MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa Core 5.7 inch with FHD 1920x1080.

Will be updating this thread with relevant info!

WRITTEN REVIEW:
    I have now used the phone for some days, and I already have a good impression of this phone. The Elephone is high quality compared to my older HDC Galaxy Note 3 N9006 (with only Quad Core). You really can feel and see that the Elephone P8 is of the newer Octa-core generation. Almost everything is better on this phone than on older Quad Cores.

The screen is really nice, sharp & clear and have some real vivid colours. Almost everyone that I have showed the device, have told me that the screen is very nice. So the FHD 1920x1080 must do a difference.

The camera in the Elephone P8 is also of the "good" type. It has some few extras like object focus, voice capture etc, but especially photos indoor are much better than on my older HDC. I think it is pretty equal to the Jiake X3S (also Octa Core). My wife tried the camera, and the first she said to me is, "wow this one, actually has a good camera".

The Dual Sim and 3G works perfect! The speed of the phone is what you can expect from an Octa-core. And scores close to 27000 in Antutu. Games and apps runs very good on the phone. The backspeaker is loud, even maybe too loud sometimes (there is a setting to boost the volume in the phones options). But especially the earspeaker and the quality is 10 times better than on my HDC. That is really a big plus for me. You hear people really clear when you speak with them.

The phone is really big (even bigger than the normal Note 3) so it is only for people with big hands :) But the overall build quality of the phone is very good, almost as good as the real brands like Samsung, HTC etc. I have noticed that it is very solid, and it doesn't feel cheap at all.

If I shall say something bad, then it must be the light in the hardware buttons, it could be stronger. But at least there is some light. And there is no options to set the sensitivity of the screen. I would like it to be a little bit more sensitive if possible, but still it is good. Another thing is that I haven't found a way to change to a custom wallpaper on the stock lockscreen, it only allowes me to use the builtin wallpapers.

The battery life is good, I would say 1 1/2 day with normal usage. But it also has a pretty big battery, but on the other hand also a very big screen, which uses a lot of power - so it evens out. I will recommend this phone if you want a phone with good quality, it is not a 1:1 clone of the Note 3. But it has much better build quality than the clones have. The problem with the 1:1 clones are that they often are cheap made, because they are sold as clones and not have their own brand/name.

Highlights
    ♦ 5.7 inch Screen, 1920*1080 pixel display
    ♦ MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa core
    ♦ Support 3G network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 & WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
    ♦ 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM
    ♦ 13MP back camera + 5MP front camera
    ♦ The latest Android 4.2 System
    ♦ Air Gestures
    ♦ Clearmotion (video motion enhancer)

2_30(1).jpg

Video Unboxing:

Video Reviews:

Camera test:
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100227.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170116.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170833.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170143.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_165705.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100643.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100433.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140322_100403.jpg
    http://peecee.dk/uploads/032014/IMG_20140321_170023.jpg

Issues:
    Fixes:
    Tweaks:
    http://n2k1.com/n2k1/Sesonn_N9000+/

Tips:

Benchmarks:
    Antutu 27000

-----------------------------------------------

Basic
    Brand: ELEPHONE
    Color: White / Black
    System: Android 4.2
    Storage
    CPU: MTK6592 1.7GHz Octa core
    RAM: 2 GB
    ROM: 16 GB
    Front Camera 5 Megapixel
    Back Camera 13 Megapixel
    Band: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz WCDMA 850/2100 MHz
    3G support
    SIM Card Slot: Dual card dual standby
    Display Size (inch): 5.7"
    Screen res: 1920*1080
    Languages:
    English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, German, Malaysia, Indonesia, Viet, Turkish, Russian, Arabic, Thailand, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, Czech, Filipino, Magyar, Nederland, Romanian Greek, Hebrew, Simple/Traditional Chinese

What's in the box?
    Cell Phone × 1
    Phone to USB Cable × 1
    Rechargeable Li-ion Battery × 1
    Headset × 1
    Charger × 1
    User Manual – English × 1
    Screen Protector × 1
    KK 4.4 cannot write to SD (found a solution!)

Thanks. Because of this reason, I reverted back to 4.2.2. My go backup was not working. Google has made a very stupid decision. And further I couldn't see any major difference between kitkat and 4.2.2 jellybean.

Sent from my Coolpad 9976A using Tapatalk

Hello,

I received my P8 3 days ago, and I love it!
    I used the standard ROM from elephone support site (without the 'unwanted program').
    Then I applied the Chinese Vroot.
    That works, BUT add's some Chinese unwanted programs, they can be removed later.
    After Vroot running from my PC, I used SuperSu, and then I removed Vroot.

To be able to use the SD, i found this little app: SDFix
    This 'corrects' the new settings within KK, so now the SD works as before!

Apps I also installed are:

Build.prop Editor (to change the build setting to engineering mode)
    ES File Explorer (to edit files with root permissions)
    FasterGPS (to update the gps.conf file)
    Mobile Uncle Tools (to set the Thermal manager stuff)
    No-Frills CPU control (to change the Governor setting)
    SDFix (to correct the SD write behavior)
    Antutu (nice to know how fast this thing actually is)
    Button Savior (I used this on my HTC Desire, and now I use it again, to avoid breaking the HOME switch...;)
    CPU-Z (to check temperatures and CPU speeds)

I hope the tip about SDFix is useful.

Un saludo desde España, :laugh:

Satbeginner
    Speaker Problem

The speaker on my P8 was becoming intermittent. I found that the flex PCB from the charger board to the speaker contact pads had fractured since the charger board moves quite a lot when un/plugging USB.

This pic shows how I repaired it. I used single strand wire to connect the points shown by the yellow lines. If you zoom in on the pic you can just see the wires. You will need to use a very fine tip soldering iron preferably with temperature control set to ~320C. If you don't have good soldering skills or the right equipment most repair shops can do this for you.

P8-SpeakerFix_zps7d9e20f7.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    Following

Just wanna let you know I will have one soon and will begin tinkering. Hopefully we can make this phone a community supported one!
    P8 Insufficient space

"there is insufficient space on the device"
    i can update anything from playstore
    Availiable internal storage : 94.91 MB
    Availiable Phone storage : 11.58 GB
    Availiable Sd card : 13.45 Gb
    what i can do to install updates?
    plz help

The P8 has a default /data-partition of 1.14 Gb. (Way too small!!!)
    If you go to Settings->Apps->Telephone Memory you can see how much you have.

So in my opinion the best solution is reflash with a bigger /data partition.

There are many great ROM´s out there, but here is a step-by-step description of what I did:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57219048&postcount=189

I flashed a clean 4.4.2 ROM, using N2k1 ´s EBR-files to increase the data size to 8 Gb

Un saludo,
    Satbeginner