[Root/S-OFF] Desire 530 Guide to Root

Search This thread

Jkidddd

Jan 10, 2017
@Jkidddd

I need a little time but yes I will help.
Then Captain_Throwback will patch the kernel if it boots for you.
You posted your device info so I can get the latest RUU.
I need to unpack the RUU to get the files we need using the RUU Decrypt tool.
It's very likely I will need the KeyFile for the RUU Decrypt tool you might have to help me out with that.

Whatever you need im yours mate

Last edited:

Jkidddd

Jan 10, 2017
Sorry i scrolled past this post without realizing... Can you give me a step by step instruction what to do im on my mac

@Jkidddd

Here is the test TWRP for the device with CID = GLOBA001.
Unzip it and flash using fastboot (download mode)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9cyi7m8lbv5pkj8/TWRP-CID-GLOBA001..zip

If you get this screen when you boot into recovery then there are kernel issues.
IMAG0001_zpsmfmnceqt.jpg

If you get this screen but it won't let you do anything then the TOUCH needs patched in the kernel.

IMAG0040_zpsaht3vkdq.jpg

Test this on your device and report back your results.
If it boots Captain_Throwback can patch the TOUCH in the kernel.

Here is the Kernel
http://www.mediafire.com/file/r3bajugr5cb88g3/GLOBA001-KERNEL.zip

To everyone else.......This is for device with CID=GLOBA001 only

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Sorry i scrolled past this post without realizing... Can you give me a step by step instruction what to do im on my mac

NVM this is the error I got

On my phone it says
SD NOT MOUNTED
9 RU_SECURITY_FAIL_recovery and bootloader isnt BL_UNLOCKE

And the error in the terminal is (NOTE I CHANGED THE NAME OF THE FILE)
iMac:android MJ$ ./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
target reported max download size of 725000000 bytes
sending 'recovery' (12692 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.755s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) HOSD CL#773773
FAILED (remote: 9 RU_SECURITY_FAIL recovery and bootloader isn't BL_UNLOCKE)
finished. total time: 2.775s
iMac:android MJ$

schmanto

May 28, 2015
I posted a test recovery for you to try.
Flash it and let us know.
Hey mate, I flashed this recovery you posted and it actually did boot at last! However, touch does not work, as you predicted.
Then I looked into your guide how to flash supersu anyway, but couldn't figure out the name of the system partition.

Anyway, big thanks for your help so far, we are getting close ;]

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hey mate, I flashed this recovery you posted and it actually did boot at last! However, touch does not work, as you predicted.
Then I looked into your guide how to flash supersu anyway, but couldn't figure out the name of the system partition.

Anyway, big thanks for your help so far, we are getting close ;]
Alright, I'll patch the kernel (at some point) so that touch works and repack, and you should be good to go.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Alright, I'll patch the kernel (at some point) so that touch works and repack, and you should be good to go.

@BigCountry907 @schmanto

Here's that same TWRP with the kernel patched for working touch. A side-effect of hacking the kernel in this way is that the "Reboot Recovery" option in TWRP doesn't work properly and will only reboot to system. Same goes if you were to try "adb reboot recovery" from within TWRP.

It's possible this one won't boot because of how I had to compress the kernel, but if it doesn't, I have two other methods I can try. So first. let's see if this one works, and we'll go from there.

Attachments

• TWRP-CID-GLOBA001_CPTB.img
    12.2 MB · Views: 3,720

idecibeL

Jan 4, 2017
@BigCountry907 @schmanto

Here's that same TWRP with the kernel patched for working touch. A side-effect of hacking the kernel in this way is that the "Reboot Recovery" option in TWRP doesn't work properly and will only reboot to system. Same goes if you were to try "adb reboot recovery" from within TWRP.

It's possible this one won't boot because of how I had to compress the kernel, but if it doesn't, I have two other methods I can try. So first. let's see if this one works, and we'll go from there.

Thanks! It works :good:

schmanto

May 28, 2015
@BigCountry907 @schmanto

thank you sir! you made me very happy :)

btw. My device is from Mexico, telcel company
..now successfully rooted and running xposed :angel:

Last edited:

BigCountry907

Oct 15, 2015
I'm glad it worked out for you guys.
If anyone else runs into the recovery not booting please post your device info.
CID and the MID.
It appears some variants have a different kernel. So if we run into this again I can pull the kernel from the RUU.

Reactions: schmanto

Atif762

Nov 21, 2016
I've done it

I've unlocked the boot loader and rooted but unrooted it as I I'm selling the phone if u want to buy the phone message me privately. I'm selling the phone with the unlocked boot loader.

BigCountry907

Oct 15, 2015
@Captain_Throwback
Is there a method I can incorporate into TWRP that will log the actual commands that are passed to TWRP.
I know there is the recovery log. But it isn't detailed enough.

What I want to do is log all commands sent to TWRP through the TWRP Shell in the background. ( No Terminal Window open)
I have a program that is sending commands to TWRP in the background.
I can't actually see what commands are being sent. If i could log the commands before during and after execution that would be great.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
@Captain_Throwback
Is there a method I can incorporate into TWRP that will log the actual commands that are passed to TWRP.
I know there is the recovery log. But it isn't detailed enough.

What I want to do is log all commands sent to TWRP through the TWRP Shell in the background. ( No Terminal Window open)
I have a program that is sending commands to TWRP in the background.
I can't actually see what commands are being sent. If i could log the commands before during and after execution that would be great.
I don't really know what you're asking.

Maybe you should go on the TWRP IRC and ask the TWRP devs directly?

BigCountry907

Oct 15, 2015
Kernel Patch

@Captain_Throwback
Thank you so much for patching the 530 kernel.
I just got a 530 for testing and even XTC-2 Clip is using your recovery to S-Off.
I admire your work and would be proud of such accomplishments.
Awesome work.

I have one more request for you.
Can you please patch this kernel for the desire 526 so touch will work.
Or even better point me in the direction of how you are patching so I can learn myself.
I took your 626s recovery and swapped the kernel with the 526 to get twrp working on the 526.
But of course no touch.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 526-Kernel.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 42

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
@Captain_Throwback
Thank you so much for patching the 530 kernel.
I just got a 530 for testing and even XTC-2 Clip is using your recovery to S-Off.
I admire your work and would be proud of such accomplishments.
Awesome work.

I have one more request for you.
Can you please patch this kernel for the desire 526 so touch will work.
Or even better point me in the direction of how you are patching so I can learn myself.
I took your 626s recovery and swapped the kernel with the 526 to get twrp working on the 526.
But of course no touch.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
I'll just tell you how I do it and let you have at it ;):

• Use extract-vmlinux to decompress the kernel. You'll have to cat the output to a file, which will become your kernel binary (you'll also need to comment out this line if you want it to actually work).
  • Patch the uncompressed kernel binary for touch as indicated below:
    Code:
    # Replaces string 'recovery' with 'rec0very' so htc_get_bootmode() doesn't know we're in recovery
    sed -i -E -e 's/recovery\x00/rec0very\x00/g' <name-of-kernel-file>
  • You'll then have a patched, uncompressed kernel binary. To compress it, you'll have to find some similar kernel source, and compile it, but replace the "Image" (uncompressed kernel) with your patched one (and make sure it doesn't get overwritten on change), so that you have a kernel binary that's similar in size to the one you started with. Alternatively, you can just leave the kernel uncompressed ;) and repack it back into the image (which will be much larger since the kernel is uncompressed). If it doesn't fit on the partition due to size, you will have to find a way to compress it.
Have fun!

Last edited:
Reactions: bigrammy

shanman-2

Nov 18, 2011
Cork
Lol sorry but thats the problem that im having which is unlocking my bootloader

:p
Hello again!
Looking back I see you got to download mode and successfully ran a fastboot command!
Now go to the htc dev site and follow the instructions to unlock your bootloader, just use the same usb port and method you used in post #109 to get to download mode and run the fastboot commands.

Jkidddd

Jan 10, 2017
:p
Hello again!
Looking back I see you got to download mode and successfully ran a fastboot command!
Now go to the htc dev site and follow the instructions to unlock your bootloader, just use the same usb port and method you used in post #109 to get to download mode and run the fastboot commands.

I finally got it rooted, the first TWRP touch didn't work but the second one did. I seem to have a wifi problem at times (nothing major) but that usually happens on my devices when I root them so hopefully it stops. Thanks to everyone that helped me.

Are there any working roms yet.

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Thanks alot for the patched kernels they worked!

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

I posted a test recovery for you to try.
Flash it and let us know.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the recovery mate, it worked.

Top Liked Posts