HTC One Fastboot < waiting for device >

Search This thread

fabionik2004

May 29, 2012
Hello I wanna do the command "fastboot getvar version-main" but it always say waiting for device. If i write the command adb devices it show my HTC, if i write fastboot devices it not return anything. I tried install and unistall drivers million times but it always like this. What i can do?

vlapla

Oct 6, 2013
My Solution: Linux, Android fastboot, and root priviledges

I found this thread when I googled "htc fastboot waiting for device" or something similar, because I only got to see the "< waiting for device >" when I tried "./fastboot oem get_identifier_token", to get my Desire S unlocked via htcdev.com. I had started my phone in fastboot mode, and it was connected to the computer. Trying "./fastboot devices" pointed me to the solution: I got the 'reply' "no permissions fastboot". So I tried it again with root permissions (sudo), et voilà, I got my identifier token.
This was all on Linux (Ubuntu 13.04), using the fastboot binary from the official Android SDK - no need to install any extra "drivers" for the phone. Maybe Windows users have to make sure they work with administrator privileges.

Last edited:

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
install PDAnet on your device .. follow procedure of installation carefully ( should be installed on both pc and phone ) and when it was installed .when u enter your bootloader your phone will be recognize by your pc and wait for device will gone .
the method tested by me and took me one month two years ago to find .. on my g nexus first try to unlock .

PDAnet isntall drivers and everything you need to use adB commands ... if it helped give me thanks and let me know by pm .

PDA links
http://junefabrics.com/android/downloadold.php

Reactions: Prisoner_945

Grashalter

Feb 15, 2014
I'm trying to install it with the EZToolkit, but it still doesn't recognize my phone. I also tried the solution from above, but it kind of didn't work for me, because pdanet doesn't recognize my phone in fastboot.

yashar86

Aug 19, 2012
Istanbul
I'm trying to check the CID of my HTC One via fastboot but fastboot can't find my HTC One...
I tried installing Koush universal adb drivers but nothing, i tried manually updating my drivers but nothing (they were already on the latest drivers)

Any suggestions?
wytQqye.png

Edit:
It fixed itself overnight. I don't know what solved it, i just did the normal thing and reinstall drivers the night before.
YPYRKjF.png

I have same problem any body help me ?

chucdv

Oct 2, 2012
The same computer, my HOX've never had errors "waitting for devices", but with HTC One occasionally have that error.

On the PC, in the Devices Manager, uninstall drivers for HTC One, then reinstall -> It's OK

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm trying to check the CID of my HTC One via fastboot but fastboot can't find my HTC One...
    I tried installing Koush universal adb drivers but nothing, i tried manually updating my drivers but nothing (they were already on the latest drivers)

Any suggestions?
    wytQqye.png

Edit:
    It fixed itself overnight. I don't know what solved it, i just did the normal thing and reinstall drivers the night before.
    YPYRKjF.png
    Are you plugged in USB 3 or USB 2? I found out that on my computer, the HTC one exclusively needs to plugged in to the USB2 port.

My Nexus 7 and SGS3 works fine in USB3.. so not sure whats up with that
    install PDAnet on your device .. follow procedure of installation carefully ( should be installed on both pc and phone ) and when it was installed .when u enter your bootloader your phone will be recognize by your pc and wait for device will gone .
    the method tested by me and took me one month two years ago to find .. on my g nexus first try to unlock .

PDAnet isntall drivers and everything you need to use adB commands ... if it helped give me thanks and let me know by pm .

PDA links
    http://junefabrics.com/android/downloadold.php