Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Dual Sim Thread - Note 3 n9002

Search This thread

llama_thumper

Sep 13, 2016
guys, anyone aware of any marshmallow version for the N9002 (I have the Chinese version - have been using SVA ROM Kitkat)? I found this, but am wary of using it, the comments look very generic...: updaterom.xyz/custom-rom-6-0-marshmallow-zip-file-for-samsung-galaxy-note-3-duos-16gb-n9002/

kole82

Sep 27, 2016
guys, anyone aware of any marshmallow version for the N9002 (I have the Chinese version - have been using SVA ROM Kitkat)? I found this, but am wary of using it, the comments look very generic...: updaterom.xyz/custom-rom-6-0-marshmallow-zip-file-for-samsung-galaxy-note-3-duos-16gb-n9002/
Where you find this rom? Do you try it?

llama_thumper

Sep 13, 2016
Where you find this rom? Do you try it?

i found it on the website i posted. i have not tried it, hence the question here.

separately, i am asking whether the darklord rom posted in the other thread is of any use, but if anyone has any info on the December version, then let me know, I know a previous poster (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68884822&postcount=865) said it wasn't stable but I understand that must have been the September version, whereas now there is the December one.
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/darklord-s7-edge-port-6-0-1-mm-t3382954/page495 ([Rom]Darklord N7 V1 or S7 E [PEK] port 6.0.1 (MM)[AROMA][DPI] [21th December,2016] )

Last edited:

kole82

Sep 27, 2016
i found it on the website i posted. i have not tried it, hence the question here.

separately, i am asking whether the darklord rom posted in the other thread is of any use, but if anyone has any info on the December version, then let me know, I know a previous poster (https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68884822&postcount=865) said it wasn't stable but I understand that must have been the September version, whereas now there is the December one.
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/development/darklord-s7-edge-port-6-0-1-mm-t3382954/page495 ([Rom]Darklord N7 V1 or S7 E [PEK] port 6.0.1 (MM)[AROMA][DPI] [21th December,2016] )

I think in tihs rom second sim card (sim2) not work prperly, no sound in call, you dont hear caller and caller cant herar you!

chinesecooler

May 28, 2012
The instruction link in the OP is no longer accessible. Does anyone have an replacement? I have flashed philz_touch_6.48.4-hlte recovery but the recovery failed to mount /sdcard. I am still trying to find a way to load gapps.

kole82

Sep 27, 2016
The instruction link in the OP is no longer accessible. Does anyone have an replacement? I have flashed philz_touch_6.48.4-hlte recovery but the recovery failed to mount /sdcard. I am still trying to find a way to load gapps.
Flash first twrp 2.7.8. Use odin and flash twrp, then go to recovery mod and go to wipe cach and and wipe dalvike then instal gapps ( copy gsps to sdcard).

chinesecooler

May 28, 2012
Flash first twrp 2.7.8. Use odin and flash twrp, then go to recovery mod and go to wipe cach and and wipe dalvike then instal gapps ( copy gsps to sdcard).
Thanks for the info mate. However, I don't see twrp 2.7.8 officially support N9002. Just wondering if that is something you have already done before? Btw, do you mind also sharing the link of the gapps that you are using?

kole82

Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for the info mate. However, I don't see twrp 2.7.8 officially support N9002. Just wondering if that is something you have already done before? Btw, do you mind also sharing the link of the gapps that you are using?
Sorry no 2.7.8 use twrp 2.8.7. http://opengapps.org/ this is site, chose Android version and variant nano and download. I am install gapp on my n9002. Wipe data and wipe cache and instal gapp.

kole82

Sep 27, 2016
A time correctly shows? If not, then you need to configure manually and turn off auto-sync. This may be the reason! I sync is working correctly!
That help. Thank you! Tell me how work fast charging, kernel say that is suport? Do you have problem vith viber notification, i don't get messages, when I open Viber i get messages?!

Last edited:

kole82

Sep 27, 2016
Rom is not bad but I have some bugs, viber call dont hear enithing, ram memory is alvays over 1.9 busy. Lamlazy rom is much beter!

Last edited:

fadejare

Mar 19, 2010
I do not find fatal errors. Everything works, no crashes!
It does not work during a call on SIM 2 - volume control
Do not switch to PhonesisRom (SystemUI)

Phronesis-N9002-N5-v6.5.zip 1.30 GB
https://mega.nz/#!A9kQ3DRI!4Z0vFax9j5HZA962WpEungHYzmN3KQeIdoelS599qiA

5.1.1]Note5 N9002 Port Rom Pure Stock.v.9.6.zip 1.17 GB
https://mega.nz/#!NstVBDTL!L3vlUkftG4se-4V7gQSisf6bjwtaf2TPc7knuiLRLok

Choice of 2 rom
I only did that 2 sim worked, said core and slightly modified.
Thanks for the post, the 5.1.1 Pure Stock works flawlessly on my note and I was able to get Xposed-V87.1-sdk22-arm-custom-build-Wana-20161125.zip to work. Questions - is it possible that the modification for the 2 SIM operation in this ROM will work on the Phronesis N7 Port ROM for N9002?

kole82

Sep 27, 2016
Thanks for the post, the 5.1.1 Pure Stock works flawlessly on my note and I was able to get Xposed-V87.1-sdk22-arm-custom-build-Wana-20161125.zip to work. Questions - is it possible that the modification for the 2 SIM operation in this ROM will work on the Phronesis N7 Port ROM for N9002?
Try Lamlazy rom. Flash him with odin like original firmware. Only you ned is wipe cash and dalvik, and sim card you must go out of slot. This is mega link "https://mega.nz/#!dNY0gayB!rd-CfapgRpw7tSUsabN7oFpCII9WPuKZ1q1ROYH1Eiw Everything work! Baterry very very god!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, since the old thread was plagued with paid roms, and it got archived unfortunately, I'm creating a new thread. Let's keep this healthy and clean so the information we post here wont get removed and will help more people in the long run shall we? :)

Update: May 3, 2014 - Added fix for Caller ID issue!

Update: May 1, 2014 - Added instructions to turn off Google Account Manager after setting up a Google Account

Update: April 9, 2014 - Added instructions to install super su after flashing new firmware and rooting.

Update: Feb 17, 2014 - Added instructions to turn off Google Bookmarks Sync after setting up a Google Account

Useful links:

How to Install/Flash Google Apps on Galaxy Note 3 N9002:
    http://marrkdaviid.com/2013/10/install-google-play-on-the-samsung-galaxy-note-3-n9002/#.UsRALJYYYuo

** Please note that if you are using windows 7 to root the device using cf autoroot as instructed in the link above, you will encounter an error halfway thru the flashing process. You need to run odin 1.85 as windows xp to remedy this.

** Please note that after rooting and flashing google apps thru cwm, you will still have root access but the super su app may get lost. If that happens, please install super su from the google play store and everything will be back to normal. - thanks bigstuart for pointing that out :)

To fix the gapps error we see everytime we turn on the sync shortcut from the pulldown notification bar:

After setting up your google account, go to the settings menu and turn off the google bookmarks sync app. This will fix the google services has stopped error message.

To fix the google account dropping out (having to set up your google account again) turn off the google account manager app from the settings menu. Three users have confirmed this has fixed the issue.

BigStuart was able to finally find a way to fix our caller ID issue. Here's how to get it done:

Edit /system/csc/others.xml

change
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>11</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

to
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>-1</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

and add the following line:

Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>TRUE</CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>

I added that line at the end of the file, before the closing </SamsungMobileFeature> tag.

Then reboot the phone and test caller ID

Lastly, enjoy your dual sim flagship device :)
    Rooting 4.4.2 device

Ok, i finally managed to root my n9002 device by searching Chinese forums. Please find below my step by step guide on rooting.

NB: At the moment the only CWM recovery available for n9002 kitkat is in Chinese. If you are not afraid of that, go on with my tutorial.

Download following software:
    1. Latest firmware from SAMMOBILE
    2. Odin3.09
    3. CWM 6.0.5.0 - this one is in Chinese, but most of the things are self explanatory.
    4. SuperSU 2.01 - tested with this version even though 2.02 is already available - put it on SD card of your phone
    5. GApps for KitKat - put it on SD card of your phone

Steps for getting ROOT access:
    1. Unzip zipped files, so you have either MD5 or tar files that can be consumed by Odin
    2. Run Odin 3.09 as system administrator
    3. Boot your n9002 in firmware update mode, press Down - Home - Power keys simultanously and after that press Up button to confirm booting in Download mode
    4. Add firmware file to Odin 3.09, make sure to TURN OFF Auto Reboot checkbox - if you reboot your device after this step, you will have to reupload firmware again. Trick is in uploading CWM straight after firmware update
    5. Apply CWM via Odin 3.09. For me after firmware update phone stopped responding to Odin, I had to unplug it and plug in again without rebooting it.
    6. Now reboot into Recovery Mode - by pressing Up - Home - Power buttons simultanously.
    7. You will see dialog in Chinese, prompting you if you want to root your phone. Choose second answer (longer one) with Vol Down button and press Home button to proceed
    8. Phone reboots, its rooted, you can install SuperSU from SD card (I donwloaded it directly on the phone as APK from some website)
    9. Reboot into Recovery and apply GApps update from SD card

Viola, you are ready to go.

So far KitKat proves to be pretty stable. I had no issues with Google Account drop and other issues which bothered us inn 4.3 versions. Runs pretty smoothly.
    I'll try that later when I go home. :)

edit: I just tried, still not fixed... :(

I think we have a fix for caller ID... Can someone else double check?

Edit /system/csc/others.xml

change
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>11</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

to
    Code:
    <CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>-1</CscFeature_RIL_CallerIdMatchingDigit>

and add the following line:

Code:
    <CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>TRUE</CscFeature_Contact_EnableDynCallerIdMatchingDigitWithAutoSim>

I added that line at the end of the file, before the closing </SamsungMobileFeature> tag.

Then reboot the phone and test caller ID... It's working for me.
    After checking the keypad screen, it still has the discrete button for sims 1 and 2. So the 3rd screen you posted remains the same. It's just to pop-up screen on your 2nd picture which is lost. I hope they release a fix soon.
    Wile wait for te fix... Just instal dual sim selector...
    Ok, i finally managed to root my n9002 device by searching Chinese forums. Please find below my step by step guide on rooting.

NB: At the moment the only CWM recovery available for n9002 kitkat is in Chinese. If you are not afraid of that, go on with my tutorial.

Download following software:
    1. Latest firmware from SAMMOBILE
    2. Odin3.09
    3. CWM 6.0.5.0 - this one is in Chinese, but most of the things are self explanatory.
    4. SuperSU 2.01 - tested with this version even though 2.02 is already available - put it on SD card of your phone
    5. GApps for KitKat - put it on SD card of your phone

Steps for getting ROOT access:
    1. Unzip zipped files, so you have either MD5 or tar files that can be consumed by Odin
    2. Run Odin 3.09 as system administrator
    3. Boot your n9002 in firmware update mode, press Down - Home - Power keys simultanously and after that press Up button to confirm booting in Download mode
    4. Add firmware file to Odin 3.09, make sure to TURN OFF Auto Reboot checkbox - if you reboot your device after this step, you will have to reupload firmware again. Trick is in uploading CWM straight after firmware update
    5. Apply CWM via Odin 3.09. For me after firmware update phone stopped responding to Odin, I had to unplug it and plug in again without rebooting it.
    6. Now reboot into Recovery Mode - by pressing Up - Home - Power buttons simultanously.
    7. You will see dialog in Chinese, prompting you if you want to root your phone. Choose second answer (longer one) with Vol Down button and press Home button to proceed
    8. Phone reboots, its rooted, you can install SuperSU from SD card (I donwloaded it directly on the phone as APK from some website)
    9. Reboot into Recovery and apply GApps update from SD card

Viola, you are ready to go.

So far KitKat proves to be pretty stable. I had no issues with Google Account drop and other issues which bothered us inn 4.3 versions. Runs pretty smoothly.

Hi have used this guide and all works good.
    About cwm i have used this version https://www.sendspace.com/file/tov9ka is in english:good: