[Q] We need AWS on S4 mini SGH-i257m!

Search This thread

KingShao

Jan 13, 2014
I watched a method of doing this by flashing a .qcn file via QUALCOMM QPST software... I was hoping one of the far-away genius minds here found a modem or an AWS enabled .qcn that I could do this on this S4 mini. I'm trying to get it to work on Wind mobile here in Canada... Really desperate here, I love this device.. I have a the stock QCN file for the radio, if someone can take a crack at her.... lots of people looking for this right now!

Device Name: SGH-I257M
Android Version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: I257MVLUAMI3
Kernel Version 3.4.0 - 1610391
se.infra@R0303-02 #1
Build number
JDQ39.I257MMVLUAMI3

Last edited:

ironman_sav

Jun 9, 2012
Anybody get this to work?

I too am looking to use my sgh-i257m on wind mobile canada (same frequency as tmobile). Has anybody figured out how to do this?

cokelon

Mar 31, 2014
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is aws?? I have the 257m as well bit have no clue what that is.

AWS is the frequency that Wind mobile in Canada works... the SGH-i257M doesn't have the capability as of my knowledge.... but again i'm a noob here hopefully someone can help.

AWS with bands 1700/2100 MHz.(Phones compatible with the U.S. T-Mobile network often work with WIND).

Psykologikal

Feb 2, 2012
Samsungs site says the the s4 mini sgh i257m supports the aws bands. Perhaps it's in Settings. Have you tried changing the bands you allow to connect? My girlfriend has the phone but I don't have a wind sim yet just trying to find a way to get it to work lol

Sent from my SGH-I337M using XDA Free mobile app