[ROM][7.1.2 r24] LineageOS for N7100 [Unofficial]

Search This thread

tilaksidduram

Jul 15, 2007
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
@tilaksidduram, thanks for the new update but sadly you haven't restored smartassv2 and intelliactive governors back into the kernel. Why please?
Because Iam using stock kernel from the lineage sources. Iam trying to make this device official hence have to use the kernel they maintain. They don't want to add extra governors.

tilaksidduram

Jul 15, 2007
Bangalore
OnePlus 7 Pro
New update has been released.

Changelogs for 1/30/2017

* Updated to latest Lineage sources
* Baked in SU back into the ROM. This is done due to popular demand. Ran a poll and it resulted in asking to bake SU into the ROM. This is also temporary, once the SU add-on scripts are ready in the sources then I will remove SU from the ROM and user will need to flash the SU add-on zip to get root access.
* Updated location tile with advance settings.
* GPS is till not working. Still figuring out the cause of the failure.
* System stability fixes and many more fixes to various app.
* Added new and updated recorder app that can record both audio and screen captures.

5ar

Jul 10, 2014
Novi Sad
Is there any way to phone itself restore previously installed apps from Play Store?
I know in some ROMs, when I do complete reinstall, wiping even internal storage, phone will offer me to choose from which device I want to restore apps. If you know what I mean..

logosA

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
Is there any way to phone itself restore previously installed apps from Play Store?
I know in some ROMs, when I do complete reinstall, wiping even internal storage, phone will offer me to choose from which device I want to restore apps. If you know what I mean..
NO , we cannt do that anymore in Android N
Until MM it was possible and very convenient, now Play is not starting to sync your apps the moment you reboot from flashing a new rom , You have to do it by your self manually
In play in the installed apps you will find nothing (maybe only google and text to speech)
But if you press ALL , there you can see all your apps you have previous installed.
From there you have to install them one by one

Reactions: 5ar

5ar

Jul 10, 2014
Novi Sad
I know that. Only problem is that there are thousands of apps. :D
Every app that I have ever installed..

Послато са GT-N7100 уз помоћ Тапатока

Sumankum26

Jun 4, 2013
mysore
Pokemon Go on rooted lineage OS for N7100

Before 20/1 build i used to play pokemon on older version which were rooted.
I followed below steps to make pokemon run on those builds and it worked for me.

1. delete SU file from system\bin and system\xbin folder
2. disable root access from developer option.
3. launch the game.

P.S. You will loose root access and need to flash supersu to root again.Do at your own risk.

May be it will be helpful for those who want to play pokemon on latest build

Last edited:

logosA

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
I know that. Only problem is that there are thousands of apps. :D
Every app that I have ever installed..

Послато са GT-N7100 уз помоћ Тапатока

think what I go through everytime.
I have now done 250 rom flashes in the last six months :)
and after that, I always am giving all permitions to all app

Intruder7s

May 23, 2010
Heraklion
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Poco F3
So I went for last stock rom ( 4.4.2 ) to this.
My steps were:

Install TWRP
Format data
Wipe System, Data, Cache, Internal Storage and External storage
Flash rom
Flash gapps ( mini )
Wipe cache and dalvik
Boot.

So far so good.
Did I forget anything ?

Thank you.

P.S. I got the 16/01/2017 version but for some reason it doesn't auto-update to the 30/01/2017 one although it finds it in the auto-update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS for N7100

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is not an official version of the LineageOS ROM for the Note II, I have been maintaining the Note II device sources for quite some time under Paranoid Android when they were supporting Legacy devices. Since PA is no longer supporting legacy devices i decided to base my ROM on CM sources from CM 13.0 (MM 6.0) onward.

Now I present to you the LineageOS ROM based on Android 7.1(Nougat) for the Note II / N7100. This project is still in early stages of development, but I can say that this ROM boots and works and can be used as a Daily driver. Some might not agree but i will leave it to you individuals to make your decision on how you want to use this ROM.

I will do my best to keep the ROM updated most of the time, but at times there might be some delays and that will be primarily because I am busy with my official work that i do for my living and or mostly spending time with my family.

Now lets get to see what works and what does not work. This list is subjected to change in the course of time and i will try to keep it updated.

Working:
    - Audio
    - OpenGL (CPU rendering)
    - MALI blobs (GPU rendering)
    - HWComposer and MALI R3P0 drivers
    - Brightness Settings
    - Ambient Display
    - Rotation
    - Camera
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth
    - NFC (Android Beam)
    - Sensors (that are working)
    - Acceleration Sensor​
    - Light Sensor​
    - Proximity Sensor​
    - Gyroscope Sensor​
    - Pressure Sensor​
    - Sound Sensor​
    - Vibration
    - Volume keys
    - Home Button wake
    - RIL
    - GPS - working very well now
    - Signal Icon
    - Soft Keyboard
    - Pin lock
    - External SD Card
    - Torch
    - Video recording
    - Video Playback (Gallery and other 3rd party apps)
    - Youtube App, Youtube mobile from chrome dev browser only works
    - Status Bar Battery customization (working partially)
    - PIE
    - Accidental Touch
    - Pocket Detection

Not working
    You tell me if there is any thing that is not working

DO NOT POST BUG REPORTS WITHOUT LOGCAT OR STEPS TO REPRODUCE THE BUG

ROM Download Link
    ROM: [url]http://tilak.sergix44.ovh/n7100/[/URL]
    ROM: [url]https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=119410[/URL]

Gapps Download Link
    Gapps: [url]http://opengapps.org/[/URL]

Changelogs
    View LineageOS Gerrit Page: [url]https://review.lineageos.org/[/URL]

NEW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

- Download the latest build
    - Download Gapps
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Recommended - Full wipe and factory reset
    - Flash ROM using latest TWRP 3.x Recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Reboot.
    - Enjoy!

UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS

- Download the latest build
    - Take a nandroid backup
    - Flash ROM using TWRP 3.x recovery
    - Flash Gapps
    - Wipe cache
    - Wipe dalvik cache
    - Reboot
    - Enjoy!

Note II G+ Community: [url]https://plus.google.com/communities/112507607742650442080[/URL]
    Device Tree: [url]https://github.com/tilaksidduram/android_device_samsung_n7100[/URL]
    Kernel Sources: [url]https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412[/URL]

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][7.1.1] LineageOS for N7100 [Unofficial], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    tilaksidduram
    Source Code: [url]https://github.com/lineageos[/URL]

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2016-10-25
    Last Updated 2016-10-25
    I think being official brings your ROM to the spotlight which brings more developers trying to help fix the remaining issues. It also helps the developer by providing re-based nightly builds from LineageOS server donors (He doesn't need to re-build everything by himself every time upstream LineageOS commits new changes).

Also, It's easier for users to grab ROMs from the official LineageOS Downloads section rather than a random thread on XDA-Developers, which increases the user base of the ROM (more testers, more developers ... etc) and increases the authenticity of the source (verified signature et al).
    This ROM will be made official, I cannot give an ETA yet. I have other priorities to finish up first and when I get some free time I throw up an update. Lately have been busy with both personal and professional work.

Agree with your statement of making the ROM official. This ROM is already working great with little issue still seen here and there. Samsung left us 4 years back and we are still able to work with great dev we have in our community to keep this ROM alive. Hold on for a few more days u will all seeing this ROM being official.
    Friends, it's going to take some time to get Android O / Lineage 15 on our Note 2. I have already started to work on it and pretty much have my device tree updated but there is still more work to do. The main thing that is not working is the kernel and it needs to be upgraded. The version that we are currently using is 3.0.101. Starting from Android O the minimum supported kernel version is 3.8. Galaxy S3 maintainer Simon Shield is already trying to Port kernel 3.8 to our exynos devices, but it needs lot of work to get it to work. Will keep you all updated on the progress as we go on trying to get this device to rum Android Oreo.

Will release a new Lineage 14.1 update some time this week with the September security update.
    New update has been released.

Changelogs for 1/30/2017

* Updated to latest Lineage sources
    * Baked in SU back into the ROM. This is done due to popular demand. Ran a poll and it resulted in asking to bake SU into the ROM. This is also temporary, once the SU add-on scripts are ready in the sources then I will remove SU from the ROM and user will need to flash the SU add-on zip to get root access.
    * Updated location tile with advance settings.
    * GPS is till not working. Still figuring out the cause of the failure.
    * System stability fixes and many more fixes to various app.
    * Added new and updated recorder app that can record both audio and screen captures.
    Folks I have been quite busy with my primary work at office and have been travelling over the weekend. I have not had time to update the source that regularly and role out an update. I might get some time in the next two days so look forward for an update.

At the same time my build box had a bad hard disk and my server failed to boot as I was running on a Raid 0. I had to replace the hard disk and had to reimage the OS and start fresh which I have already started the progress.