Huawei Ascend XT H1611

Search This thread

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
Makes me wonder why companies even provide ZRAM. I had it disabled weeks ago, then re-enabled it because I didn't feel like the phone was better.

You get same performance, but more battery life and less heat due to the cpu not having to do proccess to compress the apps. I tried it and apps perform even faster and don't redraw which is weird lol

dabadguycr

Jul 12, 2015
my stock backup in the thread is stock its not rooted more info on the thread, link is in my sig

I tried it just gets stuck in boot. Never goes to AT&T logo.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Do you mean unrooted or back to full stock by restoring backup?

I tried both with no go.

Stock is what I'm trying to get at so I can update.

I want to flash the system before recovery just Incase system fails and I need to flash again with recovery. Is it even possible to flash recovery whenever the system won't load?

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
My B130 to B140 update was done over WiFi without mobile data on, so that setting is not necessary as I do not have it.

For anyone who is not receiving the ota. goto ur apn settings make sure in apn type that it has fota included if not add it

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Yes, try the first part of post 1 instructions where you run TWRP using "fastboot boot....." . I posted instructions on how to easily get into fastboot mode in the middle of the thread somewhere - if you search you'll find it.

So yeah, we should always be able to recover unless it's a major screw up :) .

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

I tried both with no go.

I want to flash the system before recovery just Incase system fails and I need to flash again with recovery. Is it even possible to flash recovery whenever the system won't load?

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

So as long as you can get into fastboot, you can flash stock or custom TWRP recovery :) .

dabadguycr

Jul 12, 2015
My B130 to B140 update was done over WiFi without mobile data on, so that setting is not necessary as I do not have it.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Yes, try the first part of post 1 instructions where you run TWRP using "fastboot boot....." . I posted instructions on how to easily get into fastboot mode in the middle of the thread somewhere - if you search you'll find it.

So yeah, we should always be able to recover unless it's a major screw up :) .

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

So as long as you can get into fastboot, you can flash stock or custom TWRP recovery :) .

But can you get into fastboot when the phone won't pass boot?

I read something earlier saying flashing stock won't boot unless you flash recovery as well any truth to this? I thinking not.

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
Has your phone been in this situation you are asking about? I think you will say yes, and I will ask, how did you recover :) ?

But can you get into fastboot when the phone won't pass boot?

I read something earlier saying flashing stock won't boot unless you flash recovery as well any truth to this? I thinking not.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

If it's enabled on our 2GB phone by default, then I wonder why Huawei did that if it ZRAM eats more battery and CPU? It must be to give the phone the feeling of "more RAM" ?

I personally run many apps at once, so I need all the RAM help I can get, so I think ZRAM is good for my case - each of us has different needs - I realize :) .

they do it on mainly on phones that have 1gb of ram or less but i think its a pain too lol

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Has your phone been in this situation you are asking about? I think you will say yes, and I will ask, how did you recover :) ?

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 PM ----------

If it's enabled on our 2GB phone by default, then I wonder why Huawei did that if it ZRAM eats more battery and CPU? It must be to give the phone the feeling of "more RAM" ?

I personally run many apps at once, so I need all the RAM help I can get, so I think ZRAM is good for my case - each of us has different needs - I realize :) .
You seem to keep forgetting that 2 of us have restored all the stock backup files and the phone refuses to boot until it's been rooted again.

Why do you insist it's easy to return to stock?

You also said more than once you haven't tried it yourself

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
Jumpin' to crazy conclusions .......... You missed my whole point that you can still use fastboot and TWRP to recover the phone when it get stuck.

And I never said that it's easy or possible to go back to stock. I'm just trying to figure out why it's not working :) .

You seem to keep forgetting that 2 of us have restored all the stock backup files and the phone refuses to boot until it's been rooted again.

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
Allowing Swipe to Unlock Screen ???

I'm not sure what happened to my phone or when, but if I recall correctly, I was able to choose Swipe to unlock my phone. Now that options is grayed out and I have to choose one of the other options always. Any ideas on what I might have done and how to go back to being able to choose Swipe and no password? Thanks! :) Factory Reset or Restore is not the answer I'm looking for. ;)

dabadguycr

Jul 12, 2015
I'm not sure what happened to my phone or when, but if I recall correctly, I was able to choose Swipe to unlock my phone. Now that options is grayed out and I have to choose one of the other options always. Any ideas on what I might have done and how to go back to being able to choose Swipe and no password? Thanks! :) Factory Reset or Restore is not the answer I'm looking for. ;)

I had the same problem. I had to restore to get the option back in developer mode.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I never tried flashing the recovery been on TWRP since rooting and yes I've been stuck on booting up screen (the one before at&t logo) Everytime I try to flash stock unrooted system and boot. Only ones that work is rooted backups.

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
You had to restore what and how? :confused: Are you saying you restored one of your rooted TWRP backups completely to get this option back? I wonder what I did that made it force a password?

So if I make a backup or my rooted phone and just restore it, you think that will allow me to select no password again?

I had the same problem. I had to restore to get the option back in developer mode.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

When it's in this stuck mode, try connecting to PC and see if adb logcat will output anything if adb connects . Not sure if it will connect or not, but worth a try.

I never tried flashing the recovery been on TWRP since rooting and yes I've been stuck on booting up screen (the one before at&t logo) Everytime I try to flash stock unrooted system and boot. Only ones that work is rooted backups.

madvane20

Dec 19, 2016
fairmont

I tried both with no go.

ive tried everything to update restoring my phone to stock everything but fails everytime

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

yea i dont understand that either theres phones with 3gb that they have that enabled

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

ive flash my stock backup and it loads fine i dont have to root it done it already like 10 times to try get phone to update but just fails even with complete stock everything

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

flash my stock backup all partitions then goto format swipe for factory restore try that if not goto format click data then type yes finish format then try flash my stock backup. i mean u can try format all partition as in data system cache. then try load the backup i have formatted all the partitions before worked for me but thats just last resort to try

Last edited:

dabadguycr

Jul 12, 2015
ive tried everything to update restoring my phone to stock everything but fails everytime

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

yea i dont understand that either theres phones with 3gb that they have that enabled

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

ive flash my stock backup and it loads fine i dont have to root it done it already like 10 times to try get phone to update but just fails even with complete stock everything
Just
---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

flash my stock backup all partitions then goto format swipe for factory restore try that if not goto format click data then type yes finish format then try flash my stock backup. i mean u can try format all partition as in data system cache. then try load the backup i have formatted all the partitions before worked for me but thats just last resort to try

Tired it gets stuck at device boot screen.

Only able to flash with my rooted backup.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

You had to restore what and how? :confused: Are you saying you restored one of your rooted TWRP backups completely to get this option back? I wonder what I did that made it force a password?

So if I make a backup or my rooted phone and just restore it, you think that will allow me to select no password again?

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

When it's in this stuck mode, try connecting to PC and see if adb logcat will output anything if adb connects . Not sure if it will connect or not, but worth a try.

I just thought about something I was wrong. All you need to do to stop the password is wipe data. That will allow you to turn off password or even screen lock in developer.

Mar 29, 2015
Canyon
LinageOS

I have gotten a lot of requests for me to release my current version of LinageOS. I do not want to release it until I have got the GPU and radio bugs worked out.

What IS working (as of now)
  • Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
  • Screen
  • USB
  • Apps

What is SOMEWHAT working (as of now)
  • GPU (Crashes about every 10 seconds.)
  • Touchscreen (Gets misaligned every time the GPU crashes.)

What is NOT working (as of now)
  • Cellular Modem
  • Camera

If anyone would like to HELP me work out the bugs, private message me saying so and I will send you a flashable ZIP. Please do not private message me for a release unless you actually want to help work out the bugs.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU CAUSE TO YOUR PHONE, so please, be smart.

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
Wipe data will wipe out all my apps and data, right - thats almost a factory reset. :(

Tired it gets stuck at device boot screen.

Only able to flash with my rooted backup.

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

I just thought about something I was wrong. All you need to do to stop the password is wipe data. That will allow you to turn off password or even screen lock in developer.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

@madvane20,
So it is possible to restore back to factory stock from TWRP (and maybe dd for cust) - if I understand correctly - right?

Do your apps and data also get restored by Data partition restore?

dabadguycr

Jul 12, 2015
Wipe data will wipe out all my apps and data, right - thats almost a factory reset. :(

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

@madvane20,
So it is possible to restore back to factory stock from TWRP (and maybe dd for cust) - if I understand correctly - right?

Do your apps and data also get restored by Data partition restore?

Yep, all apps will be gone.

Try, EMUI Theme Editor app I got lucky once with it.
Clear credentials,
create a theme with a different lock screen (don't use magazine)
Click the new theme in themes and restart.
Download a new lock screen.
clear credentials again.

I believe it confused the system and glitches out. It tires to fix the glitch it shut offs both lockscreens and remove the password. I was lucky once doing this. I was able to go into developer and shut off screen lock.

Mar 29, 2015
Canyon
Progress

Well, I have been making some great progress, almost got everything working! Everyone else seems to be working on LinageOS so I decided to go to Resurrection Remix, a ROM with more features.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 139

divineBliss

Oct 4, 2014
On ZRAM:

My LG G4 which also has ZRAM enabled comes with 3GB RAM, so not just used on low RAM phones.

And another thought I had on CPU consumption is with an octacore like the XT, I bet there's plenty of extra CPU capacity unused most of the time :) . Would be interesting to know how much battery capacity ZRAM uses.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, is it going to be possible for a custom recovery and maybe a CyanogenMod ROM for the new H1611 that came out on at&t? I see that root already came out for it.

UPDATE: As of now, we currently have a custom recovery and a systemless root available for the XT :) The img for the TWRP can be found from this post:

Ok so to save time I decided to make a copy of the recovery using flashify app. But to be safe I recommend using fastboot to boot it first and make sure it works . Using the following command:

Fastboot boot xtrecovery.img

The img must be in the same folder you have adb and fastboot.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B12_sZzJAt2qeTdoR0tzYU9GQnM/view?usp=drivesdk

And here are some instructions on how to install the custom recovery and root the XT: (if you're following these instructions, be sure to rename the image file from Xtrecovery to TWRP)

I flashed TWRP, made TWRP backups, flashed SuperSU, and now I got root! Thanks guys! :)

My notes based on what enigma2446 posted.
    I'm assuming you've done some of this before like using adb, fastboot, enabling USB debugging on phone, etc - but feel free to ask questions.
    1. Must have unlocked bootloader (instructions early in this thread)
    2. Must install adb and fastboot, and USB drivers (I prefer to add the adb/fastboot folder to my path so I don't have to work out of the adb/fastboot folder)
    3. Backup all your files from internal storage. They are going to get blown away.
    4. Put the SupserSU zip from https://download.chainfire.eu/1019/SuperSU/SR2-SuperSU-v2.79-SR2-20170103215521.zip on your microSD card and remember where you put it.
    5. From windows command line with phone on and USB debugging enabled:
    a) adb devices (to make sure you device is recognized)
    b) adb shell reboot bootloader

6. Confirm phone goes to FASTBOOT & RESCUE mode.
    a) fastboot devices (to make sure you device is recognized)
    b) fastboot boot TWRP.img (boot the TWRP.img shared in earlier post)
    c) Phone will boot into TWRP. Always select Keep Read Only from first screen every time you go into TWRP.
    Peek around a bit if you want to, then use TWRP to backup your stock recovery to external micro SD.
    d) Reboot bootloader from TWRP again to flash this custom recovery image.
    e) fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img (flash TWRP recovery)

7. After phone reboots, get into TWRP recovery using previously described adb command or hold power button and volume up button from power off, then release when you see Huawei logo.
    8. From TWRP:
    a) Once again, always select Keep Read Only from first screen every time you go into TWRP!
    b) Press Settings to adjust display brightness and vibrations settings, then press home button.
    c) Wipe - Format Data (Warning: You are about to blow away your files on internal storage - which you should have backed up by now. Read the red text and confirm by typing yes and blue check mark button.
    d) Home - Backup - Select all six partitions, then Select Storage - Micro SDCard (very important), OK, then Swipe to Backup. When the backup is finished, Home - Advanced, File Manager, /external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/........ and make sure your backup files exist for each of the six partitions.
    e) Home - Install then Select Storage - Micro SDCard, find your SuperSU.zip, and flash it. Swipe to confirm Flash. Be patient, as it takes a few minutes.
    f) After flashing SuperSU, Wipe Dalvik and Cache, then reboot. Be patient, as it takes a few minutes. My phone rebooted several times.

9. You should have root after your phone boots up and you set it back up! :)
    10. Be sure to make another TWRP backup of System, Data, and Boot after you get root and phone is set up again! :)

If I have any typos, etc, sorry. Please post to help others.

Thank you everyone for the hard work! (enigma2446, divineBliss, xx_iamxanderman_xx, unque9, dolph8886, mi7chy, jarrettsuydam, ensol52)
    LinageOS

I have gotten LinageOS to boot. Working out the bugs now.
    missing the ability to backup and restore /cust
    Many think TWRP must be build from source to support new partition but in actual fact Teamwin has made it so easy, all you have to do is edit the recovery.fstab or twrp.fstab, in fact i think it can even make a back up of the whole device Factory ROM with the correct fstab specified thought i didn't try it myself :cowboy:
    Code:
    /tz_image	emmc	/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/tz	flags=flashimg=1;backup=1
    /modem_image	emmc	/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem	flags=flashimg=1;backup=1
    /cust_image	emmc	/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/cust	flags=flashimg=1;backup=1
    /system_image	emmc	/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system
    Extract the zip, copy to sdcard & flash it with your existing TWRP.

Install => Install Image => Select recovery.img => Select recovery partition
    Kernel source is the single most important thing in porting AOSP & since you guys already have the kernel source though i'm no kernel expert & both is using the same SoC, you can refer to the commits starting from Honor 5X OpenSource (KIW/KII Android 6.0_ EMUI4.0_kernel_overseas)

madvane20 said:
    also by the lol im using bbqlinux saw your avatar.
    the error i had on space was my vm ran out the virtual hard drive space so compiling made it to 70% fixing that issue now
    Android N uses alot of memory to build, advisable to dual-boot since you mentioned VM, my Build-Box native-boot, use to work ok building MM, jack is now complaining Out of memory error & the solutions is to add swap & below script
    Code:
    cd ~/5x/LineageOS
    prebuilts/misc/linux-x86/ccache/ccache -M 100G
    export USE_CCACHE=1
    export LC_ALL=C
    export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/default
    [COLOR="blue"]export ANDROID_JACK_VM_ARGS="-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xmx4G"[/COLOR]
    source build/envsetup.sh
    brunch kiwi 2>&1 | tee ~/5x/LineageOS/compile.log
    madvane20 said:
    it was just we need real devs yes we needed some along time ago. i saw that noone else was making any or saw any progress so i took it upon myself to learn cause i want a working rom too lol
    I'm just here to help my friend ... I have made many good friends in the H5x and Honor 8 forums
    their good people and love to help as much as you and I do.
    No worries, we don't own a XT H1611, we can only give pointers only, you still have to do all the dirty job yourself... :laugh:
    LinageOS

I have gotten a lot of requests for me to release my current version of LinageOS. I do not want to release it until I have got the GPU and radio bugs worked out.

What IS working (as of now)
    • Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • Screen
    • USB
    • Apps

What is SOMEWHAT working (as of now)
    • GPU (Crashes about every 10 seconds.)
    • Touchscreen (Gets misaligned every time the GPU crashes.)

What is NOT working (as of now)
    • Cellular Modem
    • Camera

If anyone would like to HELP me work out the bugs, private message me saying so and I will send you a flashable ZIP. Please do not private message me for a release unless you actually want to help work out the bugs.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU CAUSE TO YOUR PHONE, so please, be smart.
    Gained root with TWRP! :) My notes to share.

I flashed TWRP, made TWRP backups, flashed SuperSU, and now I got root! Thanks guys! :)

My notes based on what enigma2446 posted.
    I'm assuming you've done some of this before like using adb, fastboot, enabling USB debugging on phone, etc - but feel free to ask questions.
    1. Must have unlocked bootloader (instructions early in this thread)
    2. Must install adb and fastboot, and USB drivers (I prefer to add the adb/fastboot folder to my path so I don't have to work out of the adb/fastboot folder)
    3. Backup all your files from internal storage. They are going to get blown away.
    4. Put the SupserSU zip from https://download.chainfire.eu/1019/SuperSU/SR2-SuperSU-v2.79-SR2-20170103215521.zip on your microSD card and remember where you put it.
    5. From windows command line with phone on and USB debugging enabled:
    a) adb devices (to make sure you device is recognized)
    b) adb reboot bootloader

6. Confirm phone goes to FASTBOOT & RESCUE mode.
    a) fastboot devices (to make sure you device is recognized)
    b) fastboot boot TWRP.img (boot the TWRP.img shared in earlier post)
    c) Phone will boot into TWRP. Always select Keep Read Only from first screen every time you go into TWRP.
    Peek around a bit if you want to, then use TWRP to backup your stock recovery to external micro SD.
    d) Reboot bootloader from TWRP again to flash this custom recovery image.
    e) fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img (flash TWRP recovery)

7. After phone reboots, get into TWRP recovery using previously described adb command or hold power button and volume up button from power off, then release when you see Huawei logo.
    8. From TWRP:
    a) Once again, always select Keep Read Only from first screen every time you go into TWRP!
    b) Press Settings to adjust display brightness and vibrations settings, then press home button.
    c) Wipe - Format Data (Warning: You are about to blow away your files on internal storage - which you should have backed up by now. Read the red text and confirm by typing yes and blue check mark button.
    d) Home - Backup - Select all six partitions, then Select Storage - Micro SDCard (very important), OK, then Swipe to Backup. When the backup is finished, Home - Advanced, File Manager, /external_sd/TWRP/BACKUPS/........ and make sure your backup files exist for each of the six partitions.
    e) Home - Install then Select Storage - Micro SDCard, find your SuperSU.zip, and flash it. Swipe to confirm Flash. Be patient, as it takes a few minutes.
    f) After flashing SuperSU, Wipe Dalvik and Cache, then reboot. Be patient, as it takes a few minutes. My phone rebooted several times.

9. You should have root after your phone boots up and you set it back up! :)
    10. Be sure to make another TWRP backup of System, Data, and Boot after you get root and phone is set up again! :)

If I have any typos, etc, sorry. Please post to help others.

Awesome job guys! :good: :) :eek: :D I'm still setting my phone back up, but it looks good so far!

I formatted in twrp.
    1. Boot into twrp
    2. Select wipe
    3. Select advanced wipe
    4. Select just the data
    5. Slide to wipe
    6. Reboot recovery and should be good.

And yes this will wipe all your data to the point of no return.

"Mvno Master"

---------- Post added at 03:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 AM ----------

So we have 2 users that are bricked correct? One bricked bricked and one is soft bricked correct?

"Mvno Master"

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------