Ubutnu Touch on P3100

Search This thread

Benko45

Jun 25, 2015
Try on P3110

I coul'd use the tools for p3100 to install on p3110.
Installation works. Wifi works. Web browser works. Other features does'nt.

Cool anyway.

medhar

Dec 28, 2015
Unable to download image file

hi,
the getting 404 error on the page...unable to download the image file....please share an alternative if possible....

also can i ask what is the May 24th link...please explain the difference

Thank in advance:)

Mohsin Pathan

Oct 30, 2015
Mumbai
sir this is a bit confusing can anyone plzzz suggest me a guide along with download link......
I cant find any cm10.1 rom link for my base plzzzz help me i m a bit confused. i am on stock rom with twrp installed v3.0.2.0 of P3100

Last edited:

sojab0on

Jun 13, 2017
Links are down

Due to canioncal abandoning the project this year, the cd image link en the device specific file for the gt-p3100/3110/3113 are down.

If someone still has the latest image and device specific files please upload them and share the links.

or PM me so i can get them om a file sharing host.

alterandroid

May 13, 2018
Hello for me it is the same problem.
I really want to try out Ubuntu on the Tab, but the device specific file is lost.
Can anyone help please?

Vrankyrule

Oct 10, 2017
well guys link doesn't work anymore for samsung p3100 ubuntu touch

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

Bump.... Nobody answers this thread :( .
they got old enough i guess

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

Doing it right now =D doenloaded the files. Wish me happy flashing. *backing up data*:D

hey user can u provide me the link

Vrankyrule

Oct 10, 2017
this is all i got

well guys link doesn't work anymore for samsung p3100 ubuntu touch

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

they got old enough i guess

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

hey user can u provide me the link

ubuntu-touch-20130302-UNOFFICIAL-p3100.zip https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=3518
quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip https://androidfilehost.com/?w=file...8fe71efb6dc91f350b57f6a49f2844068b4d481f7823f
lets create another string just for p3100 can anyone tell me what system file is this and what else is require.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mighty

Mighty

Reactions: Yxles

me.joe__

Oct 19, 2023
I do not have time to build this again but the instructions are on github iirc
Uhhh sorry, but do you have edited-device-spesific-part.zip file? For Samsung p3100 espresso? I can't find that file 🥲

I did it, but does anyone have a newer version?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OSo for those who wanted to test the Ubuntu Touch on those Galaxy Tab2 (P3100), here I give you the complete instructions.

As we're here discussing about Ubuntu, I am giving any pre requirements but will let you know what you need.
    - Rooted and CWM (latest version) Installed Galaxy Tab 2 (P3100)
    - Should be running on CM10.1 Nightly ROM
    - Some concentration and some luck

Note : The credit goes to @thatguruguy and @Menelkir @ketut.kumajaya for those work towards getting you and me the Ubuntu version for tab2 so thank them.

If you are yet to root and install cwm, go online and find out about how to do it.

I nor anyone above are responsible for any damage caused to your device directly or indirectly.

1. Download the device specific part for p3100 (that I've edited) from https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZauHCT1LSwOTBKMW0wRkR2VDg/edit?usp=sharing
    2. Download the latest Ubuntu nightly raring or quantal from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-touch-preview/daily-preinstalled/current/
    3. Place both of these files to your external SD card (it's better to use external card instead of internal memory).
    4. Backup your current Android to make sure you can come back at a later time. Use the CWM or the Rom Manager to backup the date. Keep the backup of data on external SD card and copy that to your computer for safety.
    5. Reboot your P3100 into Recovery and do
    - Data Wipe/Factory Reset
    - Wipe the dalvik cache
    - Format /System (this one is important)
    6. Install quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip or raring-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip (anyone of the file).
    7. Install the device specif part that I've posted above.
    8. Reboot System now and Enjoy the Ubunu

There is nothing much that you can do with the developer preview. So checkout how it is and feel happy that you could have a Ubuntu OS on your tab in future.

Cheers again to @Menelkir and @ketut.kumajaya and @thatguruguy for the device specific builds and the instructions.

Edit:
    I was told the Ubuntu can be installed also on the devices that has CM10.1 kernel and doesn't have to have complete os installed. So give it try and let us know.

Edit2:
    I have made a video about getting the Ubuntu on your tab. This should help those that are having problems.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQH2rlEgnJE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edit3:
    We're having a problem with porting ubuntu with the latest builds.the device specific part seems to be changed/modified.. our great devs are already working on it. If you still want to get a hands-on, try using the old version of ubuntu file.you will have to get into the parent directory to go back. I've tested the May 24th file and it was working. I will find a way to upload that build

Edit4: sorry it took a little long but here is the Ubuntu daily build of 24th may which was working with current build.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6ZauHCT1LSwaFc3aV9IcGNYWnc/edit?usp=docslist_api
    Any update on the status for the new build that supports saucy? @ketut.kumajaya @thatguruguy @Menelkir
    All of us are dying to see the saucy build and it's capabilities..

Thanks in advance..

A quick update. The Ubuntu Touch devs are completely changing the way that Ubuntu Touch runs on phones and tablets. Rather than running as a chrooted service within CyanagenMod, Ubuntu will boot first and run the necessary Android bits within an LXC container. They are supposed to be posting a new porting guide within a week or so. When that happens, I'll do a new build and announce it here.
    I'm uploading 20130510 daily image of ubuntu touch. That's the last image worked for me with the specific part for p3100.
    I will share the link once it finishes.

Rgrds.

EDIT:
    Canonical is using ubuntu touch as daily driver for his staff (dogfooding).

But they are working on nexus family, so devs here in xda have to port ubuntu to devices as p3100.

Now calls, 3G data, sms, and core apps are working. Some new apps are being added everyday.

The current state is that ubuntu devs are changing the way the OS runs in android based devices, trying to be independent of android part. This is why xda devs can't run ubuntu now in p31xx, until canonical publish a new porting guide, or they discover the key by themselves.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app
    I've seen few videos of new ubuntu saucy builds.. they seem to have got the gsm network and service provider internet working.. just waiting for our devs to work on the device specific build.. thumbs up to our devs..

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda app-developers app