[APP][XPOSED/ROOT]BatteryCare+

Search This thread

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
** Xposed framework / rooted Sony Xperia XZ/XC phones is required **

BatteryCare+ is a complimentary app for Sony Xperia XZ/XC devices to make its BatteryCare app more effective and useful. Your phone needs to be either rooted and/or with Xposed framework installed for BatteryCare+ to work.

Features:
1. Use system alarm clock to predict unplug time for ultimate accuracy (Xposed is required)
2. Display last 5 charging history (Root is required)
3. Display detailed charging timeline for last charging instance (Root is required)
4. Display BatteryCare internally calculated Score and Less Than 1 Week values for troubleshooting (Xposed is required)
5. Display and reset Blocked Time (Root and Xposed are required)
6. Reactivate plug in dialog box (Xposed is required)

Requirements
1. Sony Xperia XZ/XC phone (and)
2. Rooted (or)
3. Xposed framework installed

Latest Xperia phones come with a new app BatteryCare which is supposed to prolong battery life by reducing the time of overcharging. It tries to learn your charging pattern and predicts the time when you normally unplug the phone. Once learning period is finished, the next time you charge your phone, BatteryCare kicks in. Charging will pause once battery is 90% full and resume automatically some time before the predicted plug time to finish the last 10%.

The problem is that the prediction is not always accurate using Qnovo algorithm. BatteryCare+ improves the prediction by using your alarm clock instead. So basically no prediction is needed anymore and it's much more accurate if you're using your phone also as an alarm clock. This part requires Xposed framework to work.

BatteryCare+ is not replacing BatteryCare. It just improves its prediction accuracy. BatteryCare still needs about 1 week of learning data and with more than 70% accuracy score in order to kick in when it predicts the charging time is at least 4 hours.

If your phone is also rooted, BatteryCare+ can also display your charging history as well as a detailed charging timeline so you can understand the learning progress better.

This app/module is tested only on my Xperia XC phone but is supposed to also work on XZ or any other Xperia phone with BatteryCare.

Download
Xposed Module Repository

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170130-115810.png
    Screenshot_20170130-115810.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 4,363
Last edited:

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Change history

Code:
- Add support for Oreo

- Accuracy table is now scrollable and shows 10 records
- Improved UI description when Score or Less Than 1 Week conditions are not met
- New Bypass USB Charging menu action so USB charging will not activate Smart Charging

- Add new menu action to reactivate dialog box that shows up when you plug in the phone if it was previously disabled

- Display Blocked Time in BatteryCare and add an action menu to reset it
(During Blocked Time period, smart charging will not be activated even if all conditions are met. Originally, user must wait until this period is passed. Now you can reset this value so smart charging can be activated again next time when the phone is plugged in. Unfortunately, the exact conditions to trigger Blocked Time is still unknown.)

- Score value is now correctly displayed
- Fixed a bug in original BatteryCare app that learned data will be distorted after a system reboot

Last edited:

Kianush

Jan 4, 2014
Yeaah that's what I was waiting for
here's a question though
can I set what time I want to unplug the phone?!
because I charge my phone on different timings so battery care never understands my routine, I need a work around to manually set the time Im gonna unplug the phone so it would go for 100% on that time.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Yeaah that's what I was waiting for
here's a question though
can I set what time I want to unplug the phone?!
because I charge my phone on different timings so battery care never understands my routine, I need a work around to manually set the time Im gonna unplug the phone so it would go for 100% on that time.

You can set the unplug time manually. This module always use the next alarm clock time.

Reactions: Kianush

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Nice! great idea. Hoping for an update that will drop the need for xposed so it'll actually upgrade battercare on nougat!

maybe this might help: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/AlarmManager.html?hl=ru#getNextAlarmClock()

Xposed framework is unavoidable for BatteryCare+. As for Nougat, I believe Xposed will come. Actually rovo89 updated us on the progress few days back.

https://www.xda-developers.com/rovo89-updates-on-the-situation-regarding-xposed-for-nougat/

Reactions: Ikzy and Kianush
G

GuestK00354

Hi, just tested it on the fragment rom (which is stock) for z3, it's not working :$ no data showed... I hope you could expand the feature because it's a great mod :)

It seems that it's not detecting Sleep As Android Alarm, is it normal ? Maybe

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi, just tested it on the fragment rom (which is stock) for z3, it's not working :$ no data showed... I hope you could expand the feature because it's a great mod :)

It seems that it's not detecting Sleep As Android Alarm, is it normal ? Maybe

BatteryCare+ requires Sony BatteryCare app which is AFAIK only available in latest XZ and XC models.

Reactions: Kianush

Ikzy

Apr 3, 2016
Xposed framework is unavoidable for BatteryCare+. As for Nougat, I believe Xposed will come. Actually rovo89 updated us on the progress few days back.

https://www.xda-developers.com/rovo89-updates-on-the-situation-regarding-xposed-for-nougat/

thanks for the update, I figure the problem is not getting the alarmclock, but the change in batterycare services to follow it. Makes sense :)

While it might take a few months to arrive, I'll wait patiently. This module and Amplify are must haves!

tempurastyle

Apr 25, 2011
Here is my experience so far with BatteryCare:
1 week after a complete factory reset it would kick in. At the beginning, the estimated disconnection time from the charger was way off, i would plug it in at around midnight and BatteryCare would say that the phone will be fully charge around 16:40 in the afternoon. So i unplugged the phone at 7:30 and still left BatteryCare on. The next night it said again that the phone will be fully charged around 16:31. I still unplugged it as usual in the morning. The third time BatteryCare was correct with the fully charged time estimated at around 7:30. The first 2 days I started the day with a 90% charged battery, but it was still ok.
So my conclusion is, if BatteryCare is way off in its calculations at the beginning, just don't care about it and after 2-3 days it will be accurate.

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
@itandy: in the below forum post i have disabled some apps, which other people recommended. Suddenly the battery care feature doesn't work anymore. Since you have been doing a lot of work regarding battery care+, i would like to ask if you know which apps the stock batterycare feature depend on, so i can reenable them.

https://xdaforums.com/x-compact/help/apps-safe-to-remove-root-t3549871

AFAIK, it involves only one APK. If you have Xposed installed, then you may use BatteryCare+ for troubleshooting.

Reactions: tempurastyle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ** Xposed framework / rooted Sony Xperia XZ/XC phones is required **

BatteryCare+ is a complimentary app for Sony Xperia XZ/XC devices to make its BatteryCare app more effective and useful. Your phone needs to be either rooted and/or with Xposed framework installed for BatteryCare+ to work.

Features:
    1. Use system alarm clock to predict unplug time for ultimate accuracy (Xposed is required)
    2. Display last 5 charging history (Root is required)
    3. Display detailed charging timeline for last charging instance (Root is required)
    4. Display BatteryCare internally calculated Score and Less Than 1 Week values for troubleshooting (Xposed is required)
    5. Display and reset Blocked Time (Root and Xposed are required)
    6. Reactivate plug in dialog box (Xposed is required)

Requirements
    1. Sony Xperia XZ/XC phone (and)
    2. Rooted (or)
    3. Xposed framework installed

Latest Xperia phones come with a new app BatteryCare which is supposed to prolong battery life by reducing the time of overcharging. It tries to learn your charging pattern and predicts the time when you normally unplug the phone. Once learning period is finished, the next time you charge your phone, BatteryCare kicks in. Charging will pause once battery is 90% full and resume automatically some time before the predicted plug time to finish the last 10%.

The problem is that the prediction is not always accurate using Qnovo algorithm. BatteryCare+ improves the prediction by using your alarm clock instead. So basically no prediction is needed anymore and it's much more accurate if you're using your phone also as an alarm clock. This part requires Xposed framework to work.

BatteryCare+ is not replacing BatteryCare. It just improves its prediction accuracy. BatteryCare still needs about 1 week of learning data and with more than 70% accuracy score in order to kick in when it predicts the charging time is at least 4 hours.

If your phone is also rooted, BatteryCare+ can also display your charging history as well as a detailed charging timeline so you can understand the learning progress better.

This app/module is tested only on my Xperia XC phone but is supposed to also work on XZ or any other Xperia phone with BatteryCare.

Download
    Xposed Module Repository
    Thank you, may i ask which apk name it is?

Com.sonymobile.smartcharger
    Change history

Code:
    - Add support for Oreo

- Accuracy table is now scrollable and shows 10 records
    - Improved UI description when Score or Less Than 1 Week conditions are not met
    - New Bypass USB Charging menu action so USB charging will not activate Smart Charging

- Add new menu action to reactivate dialog box that shows up when you plug in the phone if it was previously disabled

- Display Blocked Time in BatteryCare and add an action menu to reset it
    (During Blocked Time period, smart charging will not be activated even if all conditions are met. Originally, user must wait until this period is passed. Now you can reset this value so smart charging can be activated again next time when the phone is plugged in. Unfortunately, the exact conditions to trigger Blocked Time is still unknown.)

- Score value is now correctly displayed
    - Fixed a bug in original BatteryCare app that learned data will be distorted after a system reboot
    Nice! great idea. Hoping for an update that will drop the need for xposed so it'll actually upgrade battercare on nougat!

maybe this might help: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/app/AlarmManager.html?hl=ru#getNextAlarmClock()

Okay, thanks. I will see if it's gonna work again.
    But I think it will not with unlocked bootloader.