FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

|TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M8] - v2.5.0 | 22.07.16

1,603 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,383

By squabbi, Senior Member on 26th March 2014, 07:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from squabbi: 2.5 has been uploaded! Please download the new toolkit for improved functionality!
28th July 2016, 06:58 AM |#471  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Looks like you guys are working hard to get this tool back on its feet. Its been a while since I used my M8, and I've been meaning to root it. but i can't seem to even be able to unlock the bootloader (through htcdev.com) because of old fastboot files. Are there any other ways to unlock it?

nevermind the toolkit is amazing!!!!! it gave me the token. i just needed to add the "start and end" now i just need to flash the proper rom and flash a supersu compatible with android marshmallow. thanks !!!

3rd August 2016, 12:19 PM |#472  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uliriamu

Looks like you guys are working hard to get this tool back on its feet. Its been a while since I used my M8, and I've been meaning to root it. but i can't seem to even be able to unlock the bootloader (through htcdev.com) because of old fastboot files. Are there any other ways to unlock it?

nevermind the toolkit is amazing!!!!! it gave me the token. i just needed to add the "start and end" now i just need to flash the proper rom and flash a supersu compatible with android marshmallow. thanks !!!

Awesome! I'll check that the fastboot files are up to date again. The versions of SuperSU should be compatible with marshmallow. The latest one being 2.7X i think.
4th August 2016, 04:48 PM |#473  

More
Fail at "Step Two" in the Toolkit
Hey Guy's,

at first... my English isn't very good. Sorry for that

The Toolkit is very nice, but i got a Problem. If i choose Step Two in the Kit named "Get Unlock Token Code", the Kit starts to reboot my HTC in the Download Mode. DOWNLOAD MODE??!! Isn't that a Samsung Thing/Mode?

Okay, now the Problem: The Kit reboots the Phone until i have to enter the Pin, but not into the "Download Mode." ADB and HTC Drivers are installed.

What's the Solution of the Problem?

Thanks,
Tobias
18th August 2016, 09:02 PM |#474  

More
Does the version of android matters?
I have an htc one m8 with factory firmware, completly stock with android 6.0 software version 6.12.401.4. I wanna know if it is possible to use this tool or i need to go back to the original firmware. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squabbi

Hey Everyone!

BREAKING!
The toolkit's source is up! https://github.com/squabbi/HTCOneM8Toolkit2
Updated to 2.5! Now publicly maintained!

This is my 4th release of my toolkit chain, you can find the others in my signiture. This is based of my very successful HTC One [M7] Toolkit. It incorporates the same design with it's modular utilities.

Table of Contents:

Downloads
Downloads (They're at the top too! )
Screenshots

Special Notes:
  • You should check the second post for downloads.
  • Always check that you have the latest version.
  • Send me bug reports if you find any bugs.
  • Feature requests are a great way to get things into the toolkit.

Features:
  • Auto Updater
  • News
  • HTC Unlock
  • Root
  • DD Flash / Backup
  • ADB Commands
  • Fastboot Commands
  • HTC Drivers
  • S-Off
  • HBOOT Flasher / Backup
  • Recovery Downloader + Flasher
  • Backup via ADB

Pictures will come soon!

Installation:
  1. Download ZIP from the downloads tab
  2. Extract / Unzip to ANY location
  3. Run 'HTC One Toolkit.exe'
  4. ???
  5. Profit!

You can find the downloads under the downloads tab along the top, changelog underneath and (maybe) a Q&A.

XDA:DevDB Information
Squabbi's HTC One Toolkit - M8, Tool/Utility for the HTC One (M8)

Contributors
squabbi, k1ll3r8e, @scotty1223 @S-Trace @Captian_Throwback
Source Code: https://github.com/squabbi/HTCOneM8Toolkit2

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.5
Stable Release Date: 2016-07-22
Current Beta Version: N/A
Beta Release Date: 2015-05-02

Created 2014-03-26
Last Updated 2016-07-22

5th September 2016, 02:46 PM |#475  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Is this one compatible with HTC One 10?
5th September 2016, 11:04 PM |#476  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sydney

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Casper

Is this one compatible with HTC One 10?

Unfortunately not. I can look into trying to support it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
5th October 2016, 01:21 PM |#477  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I don't see any ROOT option!

How will I root my M8?
6th October 2016, 07:15 AM |#478  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
thank you so much, 3 years with a M8 and just now i discover this wonderfull tool, you just save my ass, thanks.
22nd December 2016, 02:09 PM |#479  

More
Hello Guys,
it's my first time here in your community. First I want to express how impressed I am with your work.
I own a HTC One M8 device with the latest Android updates possible. Because of the Bloatware and years after expire from my warranty I wanted to root my phone. I have downloaded your tool.
I have a problem after step 1. I want to unlock token code but after the restart it seems that the program is freezing or hanging. Can I unlock my bootloader in different ways or must I follow these steps? What do I have to do with the first step? Do I need some Information from the htcdev homepage? Do I have to follow all steps or skip them and continue to step 2?
When I click on "unlock bootloader" step 2 there is the information, that all data will be wipe out. I was confused because normally a root will not touch any personal files or delete anything. Maybe somebody could explain me the tool and the required steps or give me a small advice. I got some experience with rooting a few android devices but HTC seems to be more complicated. Thank you all for any help.
8th February 2017, 03:24 AM |#480  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
So I'm running adb from the folder included in the toolkit and it's running fine. The problem is when I reboot into fastboot, it doesn't detect it. (Check Image Attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image.png
Views:	172
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	4033307  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)