[discontinued][ROM][unlocked][ford,austin] Fire Nexus ROM [26 MAY 2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Hi ggow,
Will you release Next Version this month?

I'm waiting for the Miracast fix.
One of the unwritten rules on XDA is not to ask for ETAs. It's done when it's done. No need to pressure the selfless individuals who share their time and talents with the community while balancing the rest of life and livelihood.

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Be patient, this takes a lot of time for ggow to make a version. You can use an older version if you want Miracast quickly.
@ggow Would it work to just take the boot.img from the older versions and flash it onto the newest, or would it break it? It is still same Android version, so it should work... Right?

No, replacing the boot.img will not work. The problem lies in one of the updated OMX components been in conflict with the way AOSP behaves.

Reactions: BeeWall
Nov 13, 2010
Alright, hoping someone can help me. I tried to flash the Nexus Rom and mistakenly added the Pico GApps as well when I was working on TWRP. I didn't know that GApps was built-in. Now, the Google splash screen has been on for almost 30 minutes. Did I just brick my tablet?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
@ggow ,

Is the Miracast fix a bit more complicated then just going back to "using FireOS 5.1.4 update-kindle-37.5.4.4_user_544271020 binaries and boot.img" ?

I am wondering since I tried going back to the 10/21/16 CM12.1 ROM while waiting for the next Fire Nexus release since I thought it was the last CM12.1 ROM to use "update-kindle-37.5.4.4_user_544271020 binaries and boot.img". But I still could not see my Fire TV 1 device that is on the latest PreRooted ROM.

Does anybody know an exact Fire Nexus or CM 12.1 ROM version that you can verify where Miracast is working on a FireTV device ??

Last edited:

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
@ggow ,

Is the Miracast fix a bit more complicated then just going back to "using FireOS 5.1.4 update-kindle-37.5.4.4_user_544271020 binaries and boot.img" ?

I am wondering since I tried going back to the 10/21/16 CM12.1 ROM while waiting for the next Fire Nexus release since I thought it was the last CM12.1 ROM to use "update-kindle-37.5.4.4_user_544271020 binaries and boot.img". But I still could not see my Fire TV 1 device that is on the latest PreRooted ROM.

Does anybody know an exact Fire Nexus or CM 12.1 ROM version that you can verify where Miracast is working on a FireTV device ??

I have also had to make some changes in frameworks/av to make it stable. I've manage to cast a 720p 1:30h film and can say it's stable. I should be able to release the new version this evening.

Mr McBoatface

Dec 31, 2016
Alright, hoping someone can help me. I tried to flash the Nexus Rom and mistakenly added the Pico GApps as well when I was working on TWRP. I didn't know that GApps was built-in. Now, the Google splash screen has been on for almost 30 minutes. Did I just brick my tablet?

Adding the lastest GApps won't softbrick your tablet . Did you wipe the system before flashing ?

If you're on twrp compatible boot files you should be able to enter fastboot from recovery and then load twrp from your PC. Reflash but wipe system , data, davilk and cache first ( or factory reset as per the the instructions in the OP)

Mr McBoatface

Dec 31, 2016
I have also had to make some changes in frameworks/av to make it stable. I've manage to cast a 720p 1:30h film and can say it's stable. I should be able to release the new version this evening.

Thanks for your effort on this. It must be very time consuming porting back to the previous older binary especially after you've addressed issues such as the camera connection error on the newer albeit more unstable binary. Amazing work !

Reactions: BeeWall and DB126

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
Thanks for your effort on this. It must be very time consuming porting back to the previous older binary especially after you've addressed issues such as the camera connection error on the newer albeit more unstable binary. Amazing work !

:good:

Yes, I have fixed up the camera and video recording again, more changes to frameworks/av.
Going to do a build shortly and re-test. Hopefully if all is good this one will fly this afternoon / evening.

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
@ggow,I've now come over from the CM ROM to this one.(build date 2/2/17) when the next update comes,can I simply update without wiping anything (in twrp) like i did with the CM ROM? or will I have do a fresh install every time (I.e. wipe data,cache etc?)as I know g.apps are included in this ROM.sorry if this question has been answered before.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using XDA-Developers Legacy app

DB126

Oct 15, 2013
Unbrick 7in Fire 2015 5th Gen with ADB Sideload
make sure you use correct firmware version
If you can actually boot into TWRP (your post seems to imply that) you do not need to restore FireOS to recover your device. Just wipe the system partition (along with cache, data and dalvik) and then reflash Nexus.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

@ggow,I've now come over from the CM ROM to this one.(build date 2/2/17) when the next update comes,can I simply update without wiping anything (in twrp) like i did with the CM ROM? or will I have do a fresh install every time (I.e. wipe data,cache etc?)as I know g.apps are included in this ROM.sorry if this question has been answered before.
You can dirty flash most ROM updates without having to wipe the system or (more importantly) data partitions unless indicated otherwise in the release notes. Purists will advice wiping system but I find it unnecessary with MOST updates. Same with flushing cache/dalvik as Android 5+ does a pretty good job recognizing when those repositories need to be rebuilt.

Changing ROMs is a whole different story. In some cases the data partition can be retained/reused; more often than not a full wipe is required.

Reactions: Marsu42

ggow

Recognized Developer
Feb 28, 2014
New Build is Up

- Dated 08 February 2017
- Switch to using FireOS 5.1.4 update-kindle-37.5.4.4_user_544271020 binaries and boot.img
- Fix Miracast
- Fix-up camera and video camera connect and recording problems.

- Re-tested:
  • Snapshot Camera
  • Video Camera
  • Google Services
  • VLC
  • Miracast
  • Video Playback
  • Audio Playback

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G

Unless @ggow specifies it in the change-log or post about a new release. All that everybody, even the lucky among us that have the TWRP option needs to upgrade from the same release is to install FlashFire v50 & follow the "Upgrading to new version via FlashFire 0.50" instructions in the OP (First Post of this thread).

Flashing is just so simple & stable with FlashFire. That I leave TWRP only as a backup when upgrading. Even when switching between ROM types FlashFire is still a very simple & stable option. Just use the "Fresh installation from FireOS via FlashFire 0.50" instructions on the OP. I would just recommend you move the ROM files to the SDCard & that you check MD5 hash values on the files you download before flashing anything. Just use a File Manager to compare MD5 hash values.

Last edited:

Marsu42

Jul 13, 2008
& that you check MD5 hash values on the files you download before flashing anything. Just use a File Manager to compare MD5 hash values.

... meaning that FlashFire doesn't check if a zip is incomplete/broken?

A simple zip check should be sufficient to prevent broken flashes if FlashFire is/would do it. A real crypto hash is designed to prevent tampering, and in this case md5 is broken and you could as well use crc32, or if you want security you'd need to use sha2 or other modern hash versions.

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
... meaning that FlashFire doesn't check if a zip is incomplete/broken?

A simple zip check should be sufficient to prevent broken flashes if FlashFire is/would do it. A real crypto hash is designed to prevent tampering, and in this case md5 is broken and you could as well use crc32, or if you want security you'd need to use sha2 or other modern hash versions.
Humn, No idea if FlashFire checks for a corrupt zip. But in my case I normally download a file & then I move it to the SDCard. So once I am done moving it I want to check that the download &/or moving the file did not produce a corrupt file. So I match the MD5 Hash from where I download it to my downloaded file. If the file is a different size or corrupt I believe the hash value will not match. I normally check the first 6 & last 6 values & somewhere in between.

Last edited:

sam tyler

Jul 28, 2011
Unless @ggow specifies it in the change-log or post about a new release. All that everybody, even the lucky among us that have the TWRP option needs to upgrade from the same release is to install FlashFire v50 & follow the "Upgrading to new version via FlashFire 0.50" instructions in the OP (First Post of this thread).

Flashing is just so simple & stable with FlashFire. That I leave TWRP only as a backup when upgrading. Even when switching between ROM types FlashFire is still a very simple & stable option. Just use the "Fresh installation from FireOS via FlashFire 0.50" instructions on the OP. I would just recommend you move the ROM files to the SDCard & that you check MD5 hash values on the files you download before flashing anything. Just use a File Manager to compare MD5 hash values.
Thanks for the info,I only needed to know if there was any changes from the CM ROM to this ROM.lucky for me I can use twrp instead of flashfire,I just wanted to check as g.apps is already on this ROM and if I updated via recovery would it affect it.its only lately I've started updating straight on top(dirty flash) of the current one. (normally I make fresh install) and I have been installing ROMs since the heavy days of the ZTE Blade,just didn't want to caught out by bad install :)

BeeWall

Jun 29, 2016
Does flashing the update wipe changes to /system, such as boot animation, Gapps I manually pushed to /system, build.prop tweaks, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    [COLOR="gray"]
    /*
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
     * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included
     * in the products you find here before flashing it!
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
     */
    [/COLOR]

Information + Features
    - Pure AOSP Experience
    - Also ideal for customisation through Xposed

- EVEN MORE IMPORTANT: As of January 2019 this ROM only works on devices using the bootloader hack. See <<< HERE >>> to unlock your devices.

- IMPORTANT: Do not update Magisk via the Magisk Manager App, your device will enter a bootloop if you do. Instead update Magisk via TWRP only. If you do this by accident then it is recoverable by just flashing the latest version of the ROM again (with gapps etc as required).

Rules
    - Please search the thread before asking questions
    - Please try to stay on topic, I know it's not always possible
    - Please report bugs here
    - Report only one issue per bug report
    - When reporting bugs please post a logcat and/or dmesg containing pertinent information regarding the issue...
    - Saying something isn't working without proper explanation will not attract any attention.

Prerequisites for Installation
    - Unlocked Bootloader
    - TWRP Installed

Downloads
    *** Please do NOT create any mirrors ***
    - Fire Nexus ROM for Amazon Fire 7"

Source Code
    - Kernel Source: https://github.com/ggow/android_kernel_amazon_mt8127-common

Credits
    - Google / AOSP
    - Lineage
    - CAF
    - Temasek

XDA:DevDB Information
    lp-fire-nexus-rom, ROM for the Amazon Fire

Contributors
    ggow
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-01-25
    Last Updated 2019-05-26
    Change log / Release Notes

[tbd] August 2019
    - ASB August 2019 patches (sec. string 2019-08-05)
    - Update Chromium WebView to 76.0.3809.111
    -

26 May 2019

- ASB May 2019 patches (sec. string 2019-05-05)
    - Fixed video recording
    - WiFi: Use hardware MAC address
    - Bluetooth: Use hardware MAC address
    - Fixed swype functionality when using AOSP keyboard

03 May 2019

- Fix certificate store issue which prevented connections to google servers.

01 May 2019

- ASB Apr 2019 patches (sec. string 2019-04-05)
    - Upstreamed kernel to 3.10.108
    - Add support for Austin Fire 7 7th Gen
    - Updated webview
    - Removed AOSP Calculator
    - Tested with Latest OpenGapps Pico
    - Tested with Magisk 19.1
    - Unlocked bootloader only
    - Gapps no longer included
    - Root no longer included
    - Enjoy!

02 June 2018
    - ASB May 2018 patches (sec. string 2018-05-05)
    - Android System Webview updated to M66

05 May 2018
    - Port relevant security patches up to April 2018
    - Update chromium-webview: 59.0.3071.92 -> 65.0.3325.144

17 December 2017
    - Port relevant security patches to up December 2017

02 December 2017
    - Port relevant security patches to up November 2017
    - Switch to using FireOS 5.4.0.0 update-kindle-37.5.7.9_user_579225620 binaries and boot.img
    - Fixed backlight becoming stuck on minimum setting. This needs more users to test. It works for me so far :)

02 October 2017
    - Port relevant security patches to up September 2017
    - Includes all bluebourne patches
    - Standalone build is now available in the same download location
    - First standalone filename is "lp-fire-nexus-rom-ford-standalone-20171002.zip"

22 July 2017
    - Upgrade ROM base LMY49M
    - Port security patches up to July 2017
    - Integrate Prebuilt webview.apk from CM-14.1
    - Compile ROM using Snapdragon LLVM 3.8.8
    - Upgrade to open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20170702.zip
    - Tested flashing from Lineage-12.1 -> Fire Nexus ROM via FlashFire 0.57
    - Tested upgrading from 08 FEB version to this via FlashFire 0.57

08 February 2017
    - Switch to using FireOS 5.1.4 update-kindle-37.5.4.4_user_544271020 binaries and boot.img
    - Fix Miracast
    - Fix-up camera and video camera connect and recording problems.
    - Re-tested:
    • Snapshot Camera
    • Video Camera
    • Google Services
    • VLC
    • Miracast
    • Video Playback
    • Audio Playback

02 February 2017
    - Fixed bug causing google play services to repeatedly crash
    - Fixed supersu.apk disappearing
    - Updated SuperSU to 2.79
    - Updated gapps to open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20170202.zip

Older HIstory
    24 November 2016
    - November 2016 AOSP Security Patch Level
    - Switch to using lastest FireOS 5.3.2 - update-kindle-global-37.5.6.0_user_560177220 binaries and boot.img
    - Fix Video Recorder bug [Cannot connect to camera]
    - Fix bug in OMX causing freeze of video

04 November 2016
    - October 2016 AOSP Security Patch Level
    - Fix x265 video playback - Thanks @jeromeof

23 September 2016
    - September 2016 Security Patch Level
    - Updated integrated gapps to open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20160923
    - Switch to using lastest FireOS 5.3.1 - update-kindle-global-37.5.5.2_user_552153420 binaries and boot.img

12 August 2016
    - August 2016 Security Patch Level
    - Updated integrated gapps to open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20160812
    - Fix audio lag issue in games - thanks @$ideWinder

28 July 2016
    - July 2016 Security Patch Level
    - Fixed SuperSU update binary problem
    - Updated integrated gapps to open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20160728
    - Upgrade SuperSU to 2.76 Stable

15 June 2016
    - June 2016 Security Patch Level
    - Added CIFS Support (Instructions here)
    - Fix Swipe for stock keyboard
    - Fixed failure to mount /system partition error due to change in build system
    - Switch to using lastest update-kindle-37.5.4.4_user_544271020 binaries and boot.img

19 May 2016
    - May 2016 Security Patch Level

20 April 2016
    - Add app name to "Android is Upgrading..." dialog
    - Fix sdcard write access
    - Enable Bluetooth LE

05 April 2016
    - Includes April 2016 Security Patch Level
    - Update to android-5.1.1_r37
    - Switch to using lastest update-kindle-global-37.5.4.2_user_542168620 binaries and boot.img

29 March 2016
    - Includes 01 March 2016 Security Patch Level
    - Upgrade SuperSU to 2.65 Stable

29 Feb 2016
    - Fixed Downloads App Crash
    - Updated integrated gapps to open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20160228

09 Feb 2016
    - Fixed AOSP Keyboard Swype functionality
    - Location Services Fixed
    - Screen Rotation Glitches Fixed

07 Feb 2016
    - Built in SuperSU
    - Updated codebase to android-5.1.1_r34
    - Includes 01 February 2016 Security Patch Level
    - Upon installation open SuperSU and update binary via the Normal Method following the prompts

27 Jan 2016
    - Fix Screenshot capture by rotating memory buffer according to ro.sf.hwrotation
    - Fixed camera/media/stagefright issues causing inability to save images
    - Fixed sdcard access, tested from ES File Explorer

25 Jan 2016
    - Initial Release
    New Build is Up

- Dated 22 July 2017
    - Upgrade ROM base LMY49M
    - Port security patches up to July 2017
    - Integrate Prebuilt webview.apk from CM-14.1
    - Compile ROM using Snapdragon LLVM 3.8.8
    - Upgrade to open_gapps-arm-5.1-nano-20170202.zip
    - Tested flashing from Lineage-12.1 -> Fire Nexus ROM via FlashFire 0.57
    - Tested upgrading from 08 FEB version to this via FlashFire 0.57
    Progress for Next version

- I'm working on an update which should fix up the previous borked release.
    - This ROM relies on gapps been included to work correctly so will not be releasing without it
    - I've fixed a bug in one of the last security updates I back-ported. Google services using the latest gapps now seems stable.
    - I wanted to check over a few more things and do some testing before release.
    - Hopefully should be done within the next couple of days.
    New Build is Up

- Dated 17 December 2017
    - Port relevant security patches to up December 2017