FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][5.0+][2017.02.09] CF.lumen v3.70

11,190 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,410

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 9th April 2014, 10:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2017, 03:36 PM |#1861  
Flag South East London
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Hi All,

Quick query - is there a way of installing this and using the root driver without root - let me explain...

I'm using an LG G4 with stock recovery and stock OS. I've booted TWRP, installed a couple of mods and debloated, but when I boot back in to Android, the changes have taken effect and I can still pass Safetynet so I can use Android Pay.

I know when installing the app it wants to install the driver for the better quality adjustments, and installing this driver this way requires root.

Is there a way of installing the driver via TWRP so those of us who aren't rooted can still use the good driver in order to maintain rootless and safetynet passes?

Cheers
Nick

9th February 2017, 03:56 PM |#1862  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 811

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic

Hi All,

Quick query - is there a way of installing this and using the root driver without root - let me explain...

I'm using an LG G4 with stock recovery and stock OS. I've booted TWRP, installed a couple of mods and debloated, but when I boot back in to Android, the changes have taken effect and I can still pass Safetynet so I can use Android Pay.

I know when installing the app it wants to install the driver for the better quality adjustments, and installing this driver this way requires root.

Is there a way of installing the driver via TWRP so those of us who aren't rooted can still use the good driver in order to maintain rootless and safetynet passes?

Cheers
Nick

It would fail because of a /system modification the way to do this otherwise is through magisk, which I will look in to.
Note: I'm not the app dev.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
9th February 2017, 04:12 PM |#1863  
Flag South East London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuu

It would fail because of a /system modification the way to do this otherwise is through magisk, which I will look in to.
Note: I'm not the app dev.

Just for the avoidance of doubt I have also applied a thermal-engine modification to the phone via TWRP, which modifies two files in /system/etc - this also passes safetynet and allowed me to activate Android Pay.
9th February 2017, 04:14 PM |#1864  
Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic

Just for the avoidance of doubt I have also applied a thermal-engine modification to the phone via TWRP, which modifies two files in /system/etc - this also passes safetynet and allowed me to activate Android Pay.

I do that fully understand it myself, but cf.lumen install non stock system files so it would probably not pass, regardless if you have root or not.

9th February 2017, 05:45 PM |#1865  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
cf.lumen doesn't actually install anything, it only makes modifications in memory.

However, the app needs root to load the drivers into memory, and to communicate with them.

I see no way to do what you're asking without heavy refactoring.
9th February 2017, 05:46 PM |#1866  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
v3.70 released
I have pushed v3.70 to the Play Store. Primary changes are that performance mode should now work on Nougat devices, and that the grayscale toggle filter has been updated to a saturation slider.
The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Chainfire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2017, 04:23 AM |#1867  
Houston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

cf.lumen doesn't actually install anything, it only makes modifications in memory.

However, the app needs root to load the drivers into memory, and to communicate with them.

Thanks for clearing that up, the only reason I thought it installed anything is because there is a zip in the apk for installing and uninstalling some libraries and a binary, I also recall having to manually install the driver through a dialog in older versions.

10th February 2017, 08:09 AM |#1868  
Flag South East London

More
Quote:

Aah I see, I assumed it would copy a driver to the /system partition and load it from there. Thanks for the reply - appreciated. Will just have to wait until LG decide whether or not to push Nougat out. Unfortunately I'm not a huge fan of the rootless screen filter option.
10th February 2017, 03:49 PM |#1869  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
@Chainfire
Any chance to include a method to dim the screen brightness below the usual limits?
Currently I have to rely on Gravity Box' feature for that. But it's a bit wonky.
11th February 2017, 02:23 AM |#1870  
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Thanks for the update, chainfire. A request if you're actively into working on this — the ability to add time to the sunset filter onset would be great. In other words, to be able to indicate that I want the sunset filter to kick in 30 minutes after sunset. Or 2 hours, etc.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maigre For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift maigre Ad-Free
12th February 2017, 11:47 PM |#1871  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

I have pushed v3.70 to the Play Store. Primary changes are that performance mode should now work on Nougat devices, and that the grayscale toggle filter has been updated to a saturation slider.

3.70 in performance mode with Franco r64 on my Nexus 6 with the latest stock February security update & Magisk 11.1 causes System UI to crash-loop on boot for me. Currently trying to figure out how to get out of that without wiping /data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)