LEAGOO M5 - Development & Support

Search This thread

vladhed

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Hello,
I'm running 20160728_TEST (WF562K.LEAGOO.M0.HB.H.SSA.B125.0728.V3.02) rooted with TWRP now, and considering V3.08 which seems to be the most recent version with WCDMA @850Mhz support (I use this phone in a S-E Asia country where 850Mhz is used in rural areas).
Can anyone please confirm that the TWRP linked in this thread still works with these recent versions? I've seen some negative feedback here.

It should be independent of firmware. You may have reroot but otherwise you should be good to go. I might do this myself this weekend. I'm in Canada and have the same frequency.

scazzer1990uk

Feb 4, 2017
hey

hey anyone can help i having issues a lot i rooted 3 phone all together i got new leagoo m5 phone wanted root it and now when i use flash tool it perfect till i try on my phone and the twrp i cant see it goes blur so cant see anything,please help,thank you
scazzer

vladhed

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
It should be independent of firmware. You may have reroot but otherwise you should be good to go. I might do this myself this weekend. I'm in Canada and have the same frequency.

I updated to v3.08 successfully - it wipes everything so make sure to backup everything on the phone you want to keep. It wiped out TWRP as well - perhaps I could have de-selected Recovery from the list after loading the scatter file? Anyhow I was able to re-flash TWRP and re-root the phone - so far so good. Confirmed 3G is 850, 1900 and 2000 MHz bands. GPS works but took a good 15 minutes before it showed me where I was and not standing under the cell tower :D

Only problem I've found is the FreemeClock alarm doesn't work anymore - it rings for 1/2 second and then in quits. Installed the stock Android clock and it works fine.

What apps should I delete? Can I just remove KikaiLeagoo, LeagooAppStore and LeagooSHare from the /system/priv-app folder?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lannig

bigthermalboy

Feb 18, 2005
Perth
Cant Root cause cant see....

Hi All,

I previously purchased this good little phone ... I followed the instructions in the forum to Root the Leagoo M5
everything appears to install fine .... but after flashing TWRP and launching recovery I hit the wall ..

I get fine grey lines except for the very top slightly thicker ... TWRP appear to be installed and working I get vibes and thicker line changes colour when you touch button and screen ...

has any one seen this before ? if so is there fix

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• DSC_0852.JPG
    DSC_0852.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 147

berkely

Dec 15, 2012
Hi All,

I previously purchased this good little phone ... I followed the instructions in the forum to Root the Leagoo M5
everything appears to install fine .... but after flashing TWRP and launching recovery I hit the wall ..

I get fine grey lines except for the very top slightly thicker ... TWRP appear to be installed and working I get vibes and thicker line changes colour when you touch button and screen ...

has any one seen this before ? if so is there fix

Thanks in advance :)

Yes, I had the same. Actually like many others it seems in this thread. The solution (as posted by others in this thread) is to download the correct recovery. It seems there are different versions of this recovery.
I used the one found in page 17 (link) and ran everything from the root of my disk.

Good luck.

bigthermalboy

Feb 18, 2005
Perth
Yes, I had the same. Actually like many others it seems in this thread. The solution (as posted by others in this thread) is to download the correct recovery. It seems there are different versions of this recovery.
I used the one found in page 17 (link) and ran everything from the root of my disk.

Good luck.

Berkely it worked a treat thanks :good:

Reactions: hundroid99

berkely

Dec 15, 2012
Question: It seems this phone is switching off Wifi when the phone is going to sleep. This blocks the receiving of messages, mails etc of course.
I've checked Wifi advanced settings but "Keep Wifi on during sleep" is on. Other than that battery saving mode is also off. Maybe I'm missing something?

Anyone else has this?

Lannig

Mar 21, 2012
I updated to v3.08 successfully - it wipes everything so make sure to backup everything on the phone you want to keep. It wiped out TWRP as well - perhaps I could have de-selected Recovery from the list after loading the scatter file? Anyhow I was able to re-flash TWRP and re-root the phone - so far so good. Confirmed 3G is 850, 1900 and 2000 MHz bands. GPS works but took a good 15 minutes before it showed me where I was and not standing under the cell tower :D
(...)
What apps should I delete? Can I just remove KikaiLeagoo, LeagooAppStore and LeagooSHare from the /system/priv-app folder?
Thanks for the feedback.
Seems that the GPS isn't this phone's strongest point anyway.
As far as Leagoo bloatware is concerned, I have already removed LeagooAppStore and LeagooShare. I don't think that third app was present in my version so I'm not sure what it is. It sounds like something one could do without though.

Last edited:

vladhed

Jan 10, 2013
Ottawa
Question: It seems this phone is switching off Wifi when the phone is going to sleep. This blocks the receiving of messages, mails etc of course.
I've checked Wifi advanced settings but "Keep Wifi on during sleep" is on. Other than that battery saving mode is also off. Maybe I'm missing something?

Anyone else has this?

One of the things I've seen fixed since updating to v3.08

Reactions: berkely

mrzreba

Sep 6, 2016
I'm a new owner of this Leagoo M5 and already have some concerns. I run the original OS which came with the phone.
My issues are about the available memory and also the front 'selfie' camera.

so regarding the memory:
1. When I go to settings -> Storage & USB, it says Internal Storage 9.81 GB Total used of 16.00 G, the bar looks like over 6GB are free. Also going deeper into 'internal storage' it lists 'System space' 5.1 GB', Apps 1.77 GB, and almost nothign else, so even here 5.1+1.77= 7GB and not 9.81 GB.
2. When I go to File Manger, it says: Internal 9.8 GB/10.9 GB

And I just ended with full memory and not being even able to send a text (storage full) even though I should have over 6GB storage free? I now cleared some cache memory so it it's not 100% full, but this will fill up quickly.
Also, there's almost nothing on the phone, I have only few apps and some photos (not even 1 GB) so why is almost 10 GB filled up in MISC? And where's the remaining 6GB?

My second issue is with the front camera. I didn't expect it to be very good, but it's horrible. I take a picture and it kind of looks OK for a second and then goes dark and blurry. Any ideas regarding that?

Heare are some pics of my memory status, sorry for the low quality

1. this shows over 6GB free
IMG_20170226_112113.jpg

2. File Explorer
IMG_20170226_112134.jpg

3. Misc - 10gb which I don't know what it is and can't even check it?

IMG_20170226_112317.jpg

Last edited:

jc2017

Mar 9, 2017
How to get Leaagoo M5 Plus to work on ATT

Hi. I just got the Leagoo M5Plus. It's not getting the signal from ATT. Can Anyone help?
I've already changed Updated APNs, Changed the SIM and updated IMEI with the carrier. It shows no signal and say no network available when I try to make a call.
Thanks

Nickoliod

Mar 15, 2017
Leagoo m5 transitions issue

Hello to everyone , I have the Leagoo M5 and followed the instructions from the first post ! i rooted and installed the custom rom successfully with no issues at all ! the thing is that after a couple hours of usage the menu transitions are getting slower and slower the phone itself works fine though ( browsing sites etc ) the only issue is the "lag" on the transitions! also i tried the Nova launcher without any difference . The Next thing is that if i leave it alone for a while , lets say 8 hours the phone works again like a charm , the cpu usage is in normal conditions as like the ram usage .Please help , i dont want to get back at the "freemeOS" :)

bigthermalboy

Feb 18, 2005
Perth
Hello to everyone , I have the Leagoo M5 and followed the instructions from the first post ! i rooted and installed the custom rom successfully with no issues at all ! the thing is that after a couple hours of usage the menu transitions are getting slower and slower the phone itself works fine though ( browsing sites etc ) the only issue is the "lag" on the transitions! also i tried the Nova launcher without any difference . The Next thing is that if i leave it alone for a while , lets say 8 hours the phone works again like a charm , the cpu usage is in normal conditions as like the ram usage .Please help , i dont want to get back at the "freemeOS" :)
how'dy I have a M5 with a bit of help from the guys I have a fully rooted unit I'm currently working on constructing a non freemeOS version.. be some time..

But for the moment it's a brilliant unit never lags.. For $ this unit runs perfect.. Can supply all files to root inc rom.. As I find preloaded rom iffy.. Just let me know :good:

Reactions: RukusX7

jc2017

Mar 9, 2017
Hi- Where was this first post? I'm trying to activate the additional frequency bands to make this phone work. Where is this first post you speak of? maybe it'll help- or if you know how I can do this I would greatly appreciate your help

how'dy I have a M5 with a bit of help from the guys I have a fully rooted unit I'm currently working on constructing a non freemeOS version.. be some time..

But for the moment it's a brilliant unit never lags.. For $ this unit runs perfect.. Can supply all files to root inc rom.. As I find preloaded rom iffy.. Just let me know :good:

johnhenrique

Mar 18, 2017
My leagoo M5 no enter in recovery mode

Yesterday I try update ROM using tutorial by post #7 (of this thread) and I must have something wrong... result, my M5:

1. no enter in recovery mode
  2. adb no find my phone
  3. SO (windows 10) when connected by USB stay a looping (connecting and disconnecting every time in loop)
  4. no boot
  5. no screen info
  6. just stay as off

I try hold press (2 cases)
Vol- + On/Off
Vol+ + On/Off and Home

nothing do this phone on boot. I believe my phone is working but have a boot crashed and this block normal boot or load. Any idea to solve this?

Actually using SP Flash tools I can connect my phone to 'download', this works.

I'm programmer (developer of mobile apps), have a nice knowledge of software and hardware, but this was my first time changing ROM.

Last edited:

jc2017

Mar 9, 2017
Changing supported bands on Leagoo M5 Plus

Hi. Thanks for this detailed walk through. Looks like you have figured the Leagoo M5. I have an M5 plus and it seems that it is not set to operate on the band supported by ATT. Do you know how I would change that? I managed to get into the EngineerMode with the *#*#3646633#*#* but it's all gibberish to me. Please help.
Thanks

Hi guys! Here's a tutorial for installing custom recovery (twrp) and how to root Leagoo M5 cellphone.

First turn on the cellphone, go to "Settings>About phone" and enable "Developer options" by tapping on the "Build number" multiple times. Then go one step back, enter the "Developer options" and turn it on, and also enable the "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging" options

Now you need to install custom recovery by following these steps:

1. plug the cellphone into pc, unzip and manually install drivers by going to "control panel>device manager" (select the device which needs drivers).

drivers are located here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PwJKhC6foZZnBzY0RPQnhHX2s/view?usp=sharing

2. download to pc and unzip the twrp custom recovery zip file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4PwJKhC6foZc1czcnZtRXQ4eUU

3. download to pc and unzip the Sp Flash tool zip file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4PwJKhC6foZcWJQVThGTGhzaTQ

4. download to pc, but do not unzip the "super su" file needed for root
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4PwJKhC6foZQzA0OGtYRTVRWnc

Now copy this "supersu" zip file to cellphone (e.x. into "Download" folder). Once you're done, disconnect the cellphone from pc and turn it off.

5. go into "Sp Flash tool" folder and run "flash_tool.exe" application. Click on the "Download tab" at the top and then on the "Scatter-loading" button to select a path to Scatter file which is needed to flash custom recovery. The file is located in the "TWRP_3.0.2" folder and it is named "MT6580_Android_scatter.txt". The mode for flashing should be "Download only". When you're sure that everything is setup correctly click on the "Download" button located in the top left part of the screen.

6. Now take out a battery from cellphone, wait 5 seconds, put it back in, and just connect the cellphone. Do not turn it on.

Windows (PC) should recognize the device, and the flashing process should start.
Note: if it says that there is no driver, then manually install it by following procedure on step 1.

When the flashing is done you'll see a green checkmark. It's ok now to close the app and to disconnect the cellphone from the pc.

7. Cellphone will boot to startup menu, you should choose "Recovery" to enter TWRP custom recovery.

When you're in recovery go to "Mount" and mount (select) following partitions: protect_f, protect_s, nvdata, System, Cache and Data.

Now it's time to perform root. Go back from "Mount" screen, tap on "Install", find and select "SuperSU_PRO_v2.76_patched_Cobra1111.zip" file and flash it.

When the flashing is done click on "delete cache and dalvik cache", and then reboot cellphone.

8. Let the cellphone boot, it should take a few minutes. When it's booted you'll see the "SuperSU" app installed on your cellphone homescreen.

You're done! Enjoy!

Note:
I've collected these files on the internet. All of credits should go to their authors, so please thank to them! ;)

One more thing. I would advise you to perform nandroid backup of your cellphone. Go into twrp recovery and perform backup (all partitions), save it to sd card and also copy that backup to pc, just in case something goes wrong.

Bye,
cuks

IczYn

Oct 16, 2010
hello guys

I have leagoo m5 and I try install twrp. when I successful install and turn on twrp i see this

Attachments

• IMG_20170319_125736.jpg
    IMG_20170319_125736.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 195

Gentle-man

Jun 15, 2010
Sarajevo
www.fiverr.com
Hello, I have touch problems with my M5. The up part of screen in some apps doesn't works. System apps like music, when I want to change (in settings) Sound Effect Setting no response. But on normal screen or other apps works. I even reset device and same problem. Test it with touch screen test app and no problems, working fine. Just on some apps upper part of screen not respons. Do anyone have same problem?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tutorial for installing custom recovery (twrp) and how to root

Hi guys! Here's a tutorial for installing custom recovery (twrp) and how to root Leagoo M5 cellphone.

First turn on the cellphone, go to "Settings>About phone" and enable "Developer options" by tapping on the "Build number" multiple times. Then go one step back, enter the "Developer options" and turn it on, and also enable the "OEM unlocking" and "USB debugging" options

Now you need to install custom recovery by following these steps:

1. plug the cellphone into pc, unzip and manually install drivers by going to "control panel>device manager" (select the device which needs drivers).

drivers are located here
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4PwJKhC6foZZnBzY0RPQnhHX2s/view?usp=sharing

2. download to pc and unzip the twrp custom recovery zip file
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4PwJKhC6foZc1czcnZtRXQ4eUU

3. download to pc and unzip the Sp Flash tool zip file
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4PwJKhC6foZcWJQVThGTGhzaTQ

4. download to pc, but do not unzip the "super su" file needed for root
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4PwJKhC6foZQzA0OGtYRTVRWnc

Now copy this "supersu" zip file to cellphone (e.x. into "Download" folder). Once you're done, disconnect the cellphone from pc and turn it off.

5. go into "Sp Flash tool" folder and run "flash_tool.exe" application. Click on the "Download tab" at the top and then on the "Scatter-loading" button to select a path to Scatter file which is needed to flash custom recovery. The file is located in the "TWRP_3.0.2" folder and it is named "MT6580_Android_scatter.txt". The mode for flashing should be "Download only". When you're sure that everything is setup correctly click on the "Download" button located in the top left part of the screen.

6. Now take out a battery from cellphone, wait 5 seconds, put it back in, and just connect the cellphone. Do not turn it on.

Windows (PC) should recognize the device, and the flashing process should start.
    Note: if it says that there is no driver, then manually install it by following procedure on step 1.

When the flashing is done you'll see a green checkmark. It's ok now to close the app and to disconnect the cellphone from the pc.

7. Cellphone will boot to startup menu, you should choose "Recovery" to enter TWRP custom recovery.

When you're in recovery go to "Mount" and mount (select) following partitions: protect_f, protect_s, nvdata, System, Cache and Data.

Now it's time to perform root. Go back from "Mount" screen, tap on "Install", find and select "SuperSU_PRO_v2.76_patched_Cobra1111.zip" file and flash it.

When the flashing is done click on "delete cache and dalvik cache", and then reboot cellphone.

8. Let the cellphone boot, it should take a few minutes. When it's booted you'll see the "SuperSU" app installed on your cellphone homescreen.

You're done! Enjoy!

Note:
    I've collected these files on the internet. All of credits should go to their authors, so please thank to them! ;)

One more thing. I would advise you to perform nandroid backup of your cellphone. Go into twrp recovery and perform backup (all partitions), save it to sd card and also copy that backup to pc, just in case something goes wrong.

Bye,
    cuks
    In order to keep this thread clean, please use this one to discuss about Development, Support or Software Updates.​

ROMs:

To avoid any possible issue, do not forget to backup your NVRAM so that you won't risk to lose your IMEI. How-to: http://www.anythingultimate.in/2015/11/how-to-backup-your-nvram-partition.html

Custom ROM

Stock (Android 6.0)

- 20161202: https://yadi.sk/d/rYoOTrUT32xDuL or http://www.leagoo.com.my/support/firmware/

DO NOT USE THE "Format All & Download" OPTION IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR IMEI! Choose "Download Only" instead.

Previous Releases:
    Flash Tool

- SP Flash Tool v5.1628 for Windows & Linux: https://mega.nz/#F!dYUm0TbB!SWeMLb5Wu1NbRzTPQ8-s_A

Recovery:

- TWRP (Universal), use the Scatter that comes with the latest Stock ROM linked above: https://github.com/VRNWALLE/Android/raw/master/MT6580/Leagoo m5/TWRP/recovery.img

Root:

Rooting Methods (if you are on Stock ROM)

- SuperSU (flashable using TWRP): http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu

Extras (Root-Only):

Customization

Useful Third-Party Apps:

Battery Life

CM13 & TWRP added to first post.
    tutorial - how to update youtube app

as you all know, youtube app on the Leagoo m5 is an very old version. in order to update it you need to do the following:

note: you have to have a rooted phone

1. install file manager app which can access system partition (es file explorer, root explorer, etc.)
    2. start file manager, go to /system/priv-app and move the folder named "Youtube" to another directory outside /system, e.g. to /sdcard/Download
    3. restart the phone
    4. install the youtube app from the google play

enjoy!
    Put some spaces in your links, just like this (w w w . g o o g l e . c o m) to bypass the limit.

I'm sorry but I didn't know if the rules of forum allow to do even this.

Leagoo M5 Flashing instructrions:

First we need the MTK drivers.

If you have windows 10, view the post #7 in this thread.

If you have windows 7 as like me, download the drivers from here: http: //www.mediafire. com/file/ 7y9mr9qoa1es862/ MTK_VCOM-GizBeat- Chinaphonearena. Zip
    On youtube has many videos with how to install MT65XX preloader driver.

Download the firmware ( and flashtool if you want ) from Leagoo: http: //www.leagoo. com.my / support/firmware/

Unzip the folder, open it and delete from inside the checksums file, because if you don't, the flashtool you will give you an error and will not start.

Open the flash tool folder and launch it . Click on the "Scatter-loading" by the right and navigate to the firmware folder.
    There you will see the scatter file. Select it and click "Open".

A list with ticked boxes should appear in SP flash tool. Let all the boxes with tick.
    Then click on green arrow " Download " and select "Download only".

Remove the battery from the phone , connect the switched off phone to the PC via USB cord and slot it ( the battery ) back in, without booting the phone.
    If you have installed the right drivers, a progress bar should start running.
    It will take about 20 minutes to complete.
    Wait till you get a Success message (green circle with OK), don’t interrupt before then.

Disconnect the phone, remove the battery for 15 seconds, slot it back in and power up the phone.