More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd_afghan

where download 4ext recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1431173448
10th January 2016, 11:46 AM |#1533  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Is it possible to increase the size of the ext4 partition without loosing data and if yes how does one do it? I have about 1gb of a 16gb SD card used for the current ext4 boot partititon and I've run out of space for apps to update.

I have tried using mini tool but the partition seems locked.

TIA

Geoff.
10th January 2016, 12:32 PM |#1534  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 3,865

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebgershon

Is it possible to increase the size of the ext4 partition without loosing data and if yes how does one do it? I have about 1gb of a 16gb SD card used for the current ext4 boot partititon and I've run out of space for apps to update.

I have tried using mini tool but the partition seems locked.

TIA

Geoff.

Hi Geoff, I wouldn't recommend trying to resize your ext partitition without backing up. You can backup using recovery, Titanium Backup, tytung has a tool for backing up nativeSD roms, if you have Linux on your PC you can copy both partitions to hard drive, you can use terminal to copy your sdext contents to the FAT32, or if windows you can use this software http://www.paragon-software.com/home...reenshots.html to copy contents of sdext partition(s) to hard drive. Use a couple of the above methods, just in case.
Then resize by normal methods
11th January 2016, 10:05 AM |#1535  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie P

Hi Geoff, I wouldn't recommend trying to resize your ext partitition without backing up. You can backup using recovery, Titanium Backup, tytung has a tool for backing up nativeSD roms, if you have Linux on your PC you can copy both partitions to hard drive, you can use terminal to copy your sdext contents to the FAT32, or if windows you can use this software http://www.paragon-software.com/home...reenshots.html to copy contents of sdext partition(s) to hard drive. Use a couple of the above methods, just in case.
Then resize by normal methods

Thanks for your speedy reply.
I have some further questions though:
1. which 'recovery' do you mean and where will I find Titanium backup and tytung tool?
2. I have downloaded the paragon software to copy the sd card contents which I will try to do now. However, what are the 'normal' methods used to resize as I mentioned in my previous post that the ext4 partition seems fixed when using the mini tool partition software?

TIA,

Geoff.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Robbie,
I have put the sd card into the slot on my computer (which is a year old HP laptop) and also tried in a USB port but the Paragon software is not recognising the card at all, with only the c drive being shown. However, I am able to see the contents of the fat32 partition of the SD card through explorer as normal. Am I doing something wrong??
11th January 2016, 10:45 PM |#1536  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London

More
I have posted a reply here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...25&postcount=3 to try and keep this dev thread a bit clearer.
3rd January 2017, 09:27 PM |#1537  
So how do you delete the files if you don't want them any more? just delete the folder containing them? Thanks for any help.
5th January 2017, 02:40 PM |#1538  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinreid1

So how do you delete the files if you don't want them any more? just delete the folder containing them? Thanks for any help.

You can delete the NativeSD folder from the FAT32 partition, but to use the whole card you will need to reformat it all to FAT32, or resize the existing FAT32 one. Thus removing the EXT4 partition where the ROM resides. This will almost certainly delete all your other files, so backup everything you need to keep onto your PC first.
10th February 2017, 01:20 AM |#1539  

More
Hallo alle zusammen ich habe meine note 7 interne speicher beim um formatieren zerstört keine recovery modusmehr nur odin modus mit firmware flashen geht auch nicht eure thema schein genau für mich zu sein, das heisst von sd karte booten und dann interne speicher neu formatieren so ist mein gedanke. nun ich habe keinerlei linux oder progmierer kenntnisse kann mir jemand helfen bitte bitte
13th February 2017, 12:24 PM |#1540  
Recognized Contributor
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maramaris

Hallo alle zusammen ich habe meine note 7 interne speicher beim um formatieren zerstört keine recovery modusmehr nur odin modus mit firmware flashen geht auch nicht eure thema schein genau für mich zu sein, das heisst von sd karte booten und dann interne speicher neu formatieren so ist mein gedanke. nun ich habe keinerlei linux oder progmierer kenntnisse kann mir jemand helfen bitte bitte

Using google translate, I get;
Quote:

Hello all together I have my note 7 internal memory at the formatted destroyed no recovery modusmore only odin modus with firmware flashen is not synonymous your theme sparkle for me to be, that is from sd map booting and then internal memory re-format so is mine thought. Now i have no linux or progmierer knowledge can help me please please

This Forum only uses English. You can try posting your question here https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/xda-assist and someone might be able to help you. good luck.
Google translate
Quote:

Dieses Forum verwendet nur Englisch. Sie können versuchen, Buchung Ihrer Frage hier https://forum.xda-developers.com/general/xda-assist und jemand kann Ihnen helfen. Viel Glück

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
native sd, nativesd

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)