By TonyStark, Retired Moderator - R.I.P. on 27th January 2013, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th April 2016, 09:27 PM |#121  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,084

More
Tribute to TonyStark, a.k.a. Tom
Dear XDA members,

this thread is now ny personal tribute to Tony (see my earlier posts). So, please keep posting in this thread to show your relationship with/respect to Tony. Let me be clear: this is not a "in Memory of Tony" thread , but a tribute to Tony as if he would still be alive. I really hope that you all will keep on contributing to this thread. Tony deserves all the respect we can give him by keeping this thread alive in every way. He was a very special and unique Forum Moderator in every aspect.
BTW, My mission to make this thread a true personal Tribute toTony is merely based on the many personal contacts with Tony. It's very clear to me that I will never be able to stand in the shadow of Tony, therefore he was too unique, But as a very close friend, I know how he thought about issues regarding XDA and as such, I think I'm able, depending on the kind of future posts in this thread, to answer some of these posts in the spirit of Tony. The only thing I want to achieve is that this thread will be continued as a very well meant Tribute to Tony, my very dear and close friend.

Thanks in advance and kindest regards, kuzibri
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kuzibri For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kuzibri Ad-Free

13th April 2016, 01:48 AM |#122  
Recognized Contributor

More
How to make a difference between a Noob and a Newbie
As an addition to the OP post of TS regarding Noobs and Newbies, I would like to add the following links: http://www.wikihow.com/Define-the-Di...b-and-a-Newbie
http://nevernoob.com/noob-vs-newb/
More to come!

kindest regards, kuzibri
17th April 2016, 11:57 PM |#123  
Recognized Contributor

More
Disappointed
Hi,

I'm not only disappointed by the lack of contributions of you all to my personal TRIBUTE thread for Tony, but also amazed by it. Had expected that this thread would be kept alive by you all not only as a Tribute to Tony, but also as if he still was alive. As a unique and easily approachable Mod, he deserves this. Maybe I'm sentimental, but that's my real and honest opinion. Come on, post your thoughts in this thread in the way you should have done if he was still alive!

kindest regards, kuzizibri
11th May 2016, 03:47 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Pouring one for TS.

Thanks for the entertaining read!!

My lesson from this: If you are experiencing a problem.... chances are it isn't unique and it has already been asked. Don't be a n00b and ask without taking the time to search properly and read.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isolutions-micronesia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift isolutions-micronesia Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 09:11 AM |#125  
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 2,376

Donate to Me
More
Hi @kuzibri
I just stumbled upon this thread via your (Tony's) Index project. The "Steps to shake the noob status" is a very entertaining read, his passing is undoubtedly a great loss to this community!
As for the disappointment post, it doesn't surprise me as much. In my experience, the www is a difficult place to discuss the topic, especially in a mainly anonymous environment that doesn't focus on it. I don't believe people mean any harm by not posting, I think it's rather a fear of saying something that would offend someone considering the delicacy of the topic.
I hope you uphold your clearly endless respect for Tony on XDA, it's a good thing to remember. Thank you for keeping his spirit alive
Kindly yours
-Timmy
The Following User Says Thank You to Timmmmaaahh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Timmmmaaahh Ad-Free
14th February 2017, 03:43 PM |#126  
Recognized Contributor

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmmmaaahh

Hi @kuzibri
I just stumbled upon this thread via your (Tony's) Index project. The "Steps to shake the noob status" is a very entertaining read, his passing is undoubtedly a great loss to this community!
As for the disappointment post, it doesn't surprise me as much. In my experience, the www is a difficult place to discuss the topic, especially in a mainly anonymous environment that doesn't focus on it. I don't believe people mean any harm by not posting, I think it's rather a fear of saying something that would offend someone considering the delicacy of the topic.
I hope you uphold your clearly endless respect for Tony on XDA, it's a good thing to remember. Thank you for keeping his spirit alive
Kindly yours
-Timmy

Hi Timmy, many thanks for your kind words! Will do my best to keep Tony's spirit alive. And yes, my respect for him is indeed endless and will stay that way for the rest of my life. Not only were we very good friends but we also worked a lot together in many projects with the same intention: make XDA a better and organized place.

kindest regards, kuzibri
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)