FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bootloader formatted

104 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

Post Reply Email Thread
HI guys,
I accidentally formatted my boot partition and now my X5 won't start up.
What I need is the structure of the bootloader.
MEaning when i put phone into bootloader mode (purple screen - Vol+ and Vol- while holding power) the file system is blank, so i need 4 files:
boot.img
recovery.img
amss.msn
emmcboot.mbn

Also I need to know what folder they are meant to be placed in.
So if someone could put their X5 into bootloader mode and copy+zip the folder and upload it, I would be extremely thankful so I can get my phone alive again

Thank you

18th July 2011, 01:54 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
For what rom?

the boot.img is different for each ROM (B136, B137, Gingerbread etc) so I can't give you that, while I can give upload the other 3 files for you.
But with the 3 files, it should mean you can do a backup and reinstall your rom, then restore.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryronz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryronz Ad-Free
18th July 2011, 02:07 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
it is actually a MIUI rom, with 2.3.4 i think, and yes i will restore back, i just want some functionality to my phone
18th July 2011, 02:13 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
http://www.mediafire.com/?5dc3hcqe5a92n9s
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryronz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ryronz Ad-Free
18th July 2011, 02:23 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Auckland

Donate to Me
More
Thank you so much. You are akin to God, in my eyes.
13th September 2011, 09:49 AM |#6  
Flag Ulricehamn
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshizzle

HI guys,
I accidentally formatted my boot partition and now my X5 won't start up.
What I need is the structure of the bootloader.
MEaning when i put phone into bootloader mode (purple screen - Vol+ and Vol- while holding power) the file system is blank, so i need 4 files:
boot.img
recovery.img
amss.msn
emmcboot.mbn

Also I need to know what folder they are meant to be placed in.
So if someone could put their X5 into bootloader mode and copy+zip the folder and upload it, I would be extremely thankful so I can get my phone alive again

Thank you

I have exactly the same problem. But i'm not sure how to make a backup and restore.
Right now i got no functionality at all on my phone =(
I also used to have MIUI 2.3.4.
13th September 2011, 10:11 AM |#7  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrragge

I have exactly the same problem. But i'm not sure how to make a backup and restore.
Right now i got no functionality at all on my phone =(
I also used to have MIUI 2.3.4.

Format that bootloader as FAT32, create a folder called "image" and put these files there:
EMMCBOOT - http://www.mediafire.com/?lb6ifvgk72iru4a
AMSS.MBN - http://www.mediafire.com/?d6r45q6p5gew59v
Recovery.img - http://www.mediafire.com/?57njygc8oianjac
Boot.img - http://www.mediafire.com/?6d5i0714a7o9z97

Take the battery out once you've copied everything. Hold Power and Vol+ to boot in CWM. Once you're there just connect the usb cable and mount the sdcard. Now you should be able to copy whatever custom rom to the SD card and then flash it.
The Following User Says Thank You to katu2006 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift katu2006 Ad-Free
13th September 2011, 10:47 AM |#8  
Flag Ulricehamn

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katu2006

Format that bootloader as FAT32, create a folder called "image" and put these files there:

Take the battery out once you've copied everything. Hold Power and Vol+ to boot in CWM. Once you're there just connect the usb cable and mount the sdcard. Now you should be able to copy whatever custom rom to the SD card and then flash it.

CMW started fine =) Thanks alot
9th December 2016, 07:37 PM |#9  

More
please help me my smart phone is totally dead accidentally formatted whole flash and when i flash rom in the phone it det an error
'qthelp://com.mediatek.flashtool/doc/S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL.htm'
14th February 2017, 07:09 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have a question, If I format the Booloader of my mtk 6582, could I flash a new bootloader, If I do manually for example, erases from (0x0000000000000000 to 0x0000000000c00000) >> (bootloader to begin of mbr)... Then could I flash my bootloader backup?

The problem is that spflash tools says "PTM changed for the ROM: It must be downloaded." but I want not format /system either /data ..... I've try do manually format (except bootloader, system and data) but the problem is not solved .... Can some one help me?

Note: I want not do a readback
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, format, ideos x5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)