[Aug-20] CobaltController - PS3/Wii Controller Driver for Windows Mobile

392 posts
Thanks Meter: 107

By Cobaltikus, Senior Member on 27th May 2010, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2010, 02:35 AM |#371  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any news on the implementation of the analog joysticks of DS3 cobaltikus?

8th July 2010, 01:14 PM |#372  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltikus

I believe so - I haven't done anything with it though - what should I do with it once the driver sees it?

I was thinking it would be cool to have a little DS3 icon in the title bar to show it is connected. Maybe it could also show the battery level or change color or something based on battery...

Yeah, or even a second battery icon in the taskbar? just a different color or style?

just a thought...
8th July 2010, 04:10 PM |#373  
Flag Ostwestfalen
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I think it would be enough to be able to see it in the settings screen for now. Support for the analogue stick and nunchuck would be more important for me at the moment. The analogue stick should at least act like the DPAD. Implementing it completely would require to work together with the emulator developers.
8th July 2010, 05:14 PM |#374  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Talking Great App. Flawless Victory!
I've been using this on my HD2, and must say, you've outdone yourself Kobaltikus.

I <3 you!!!

Just donated $5 - I think everyone here who uses your app should follow suit. It takes work to code, and guts to release working programs for free. Cobaltikus deserves it

I now have a PS3 controller to play my NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, PSOne, and GameBoy color games. I'm getting virtually flawless emulation out of all these systems after some good research.

Using Cobalt Controller for Emulators

The following is how I got my new PS3 Cobalt Controller working on my HD2 alongside virtually flawless emulation of my games. I was dreadfully frustrated in finding the best emulators, AND getting them working with my new PS3 controller, but I now have it all figured out to a 'T'. I'm posting this because I was hoping someone would do the same for me. Enjoy!

NES: I use PocketNester. The only problem with PocketNester, is it doesn't support soft-keys, and thus no Cobalt Controller.
Fix: Install PocketNesterPlus (soft-key support), then go back to using PocketNester. The mappings now work flawlessly, and the emulation is near perfect.

SNES: Morphgear is a really decent SNES emulator. Problem: when mapping keys, the mappings only show up as '229' in the settings.
Fix: Find and install KforTP, made by ShinRa. Switch to M$.
Also, mappings still won't work in-game.
Fix: Go to 'Global Settings', enable 'Polling Method'.

Sega Genesis: SmartGear is nearly perfect for this. Go to the main page, and look under the Latest News for " ... new fixes/features and give it a try here." - click 'here'. Scroll down to the download link for the beta version. Might need KforTP - I forget if I needed it for this one.

PSOne: Use FPSECE. Select the controller icon, and press on the buttons you want to map on your screen (yes, press on the buttons that are on the controller image on your screen), then press the respective button on the controller.
Bug: I noticed that if R1 is pressed while FPSECE is open, FPSECE thinks it's stuck down and when you go to map any other buttons, it sets those buttons to the R1 key. Have to reset to get rid of this. Use an analogue stick button for this instead.
Edit: This is an old bug - it has been fixed with the newer version of Cobalt Controller. *where have I been?! - gasps*
Thanks Cobalt!

Gameboy Color
: I use MorphGear for this - it works great. No issues so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRetroSpectrum For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TheRetroSpectrum Ad-Free
9th July 2010, 01:53 AM |#375  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello all!

Here's my small contribution on how to find your mac address easier:

Connect your mobile device to your wifi at your house. Go into your router settings (commonly 192.168.x.1) and click on "attached devices" - boom, mac address.

Great site you guys got going here, I've been lurking for a few months and think this site is great! This program looks just like what I need for my phone. I have an LG Expo (GW820) running windows mobile 6.5 - I can use alot of bluetooth devices without a hitch. This phone has the widcomm bluetooth stack. I have followed all instructions and read almost every single page of this fine thread.

I can't get my phone to recognize the ps3 controller at all. I realize this phone isn't as popular as the HD2, but it has a projector attachment (that I own as well) that just screams, "Play games on me!!!". I've tried 3 different versions of cobalt controller. I've successfully used winds3+sixpair to point my ps3 controller towards my phone, but to no avail. I've also done the discoverable bluetooth steps in multiple ways. I've also watched all the youtube videos of people successfully doing it, and I get hung up every time during the connect window of cobalt controller, then my device just restarts.

Anyone got anything? Thanks in advance!
9th July 2010, 06:30 AM |#376  
Flag Ostwestfalen
Thanks Meter: 22

More
AFAIK the MAC in the router is the wrong one. It's the one for wifi and not bluetooth. So it wont work.
9th July 2010, 08:03 AM |#377  
if you use 0.5 version...

BT MAC adress in on top when you launch CobaltController...

no need to search this adress with other method...
9th July 2010, 09:54 AM |#378  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
do you know if non-Sony 3rd party controllers work?
9th July 2010, 10:10 AM |#379  
it appear, some users can't change BT MAC adress with PAD from Ebay china customers to DS pad...
9th July 2010, 02:36 PM |#380  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fredericksburg, VA
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoo1984

do you know if non-Sony 3rd party controllers work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesscro

it appear, some users can't change BT MAC adress with PAD from Ebay china customers to DS pad...

I have a feeling (but correct me if I'm wrong) that those who were unsuccessful in changing the master bt mac address of the ps3 controller were unsuccessful because they were trying to set it to an invalid address. AFAIK all valid bt mac addresses start with 00 and the ones posted did not, nor did they look like any bt macs I'd ever seen before.

So the answer to this question is still unconfirmed
9th July 2010, 04:02 PM |#381  
right for part of user... All TG user are excluded...
MAC BT adress seems to be begin with 00... all time but i can say wrong idea too...

Then i think you can pop up Bt adrees on fisrt launch... then use a hub with color to display MAC BT

lot of user don't understand number... only read... you can play PS3/wii on PDA WinMo...

maybe you can add a step check list then when all step are OK... we have access on UI to pair with device... only on fisrt launch...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualshock 3, wiimote

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)