Thanks Meter: 2

By NominalValue, Junior Member on 1st February 2012, 02:44 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2017, 09:41 PM |#1051  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid

@hajkan: PDF files can contain multiple page sizes, in general each page can have its own page size.

LectureNotes gives recommendations when you click at the `?´ aside `paper size´.

Sure but why not just offer a pull down menu with different settings and a way to change the dpi of the notebook? And also there is nothing wrong with offering a way to match certain page number from the pdf file. I use pdfs every day and most of the pdfs are alays single size, it is a rare thing to come up with a multiplle page format pdf,, it happens but it is rare.

Like I said, it is hard to know the pdf's actual pixel size when importing especially on a mobile device where the number of pdf tools and their feature sets are limited.

For instance I was trying to create a new notebook from a weekly calendar template and man it was a struggle. I always had some space here and there. But if LN matched the fiorst page when creating the notebook size, my life would have been much easier at that time.

20th February 2017, 09:48 AM |#1052  
Thanks Meter: 746

Donate to Me
More
@hajkan: The page width and height (i.e., page resolution) cannot be changed for an existing notebook.

When you create a new notebook (whether based on a PDF file or not), click on the `?´ aside `paper size´, then LectureNotes gives recommendations based on device resolution and orientation. If you addionally choose `automatic resolution´ for the PDF import, the result of a PDF import will be optimal for your device resolution and orientation (i.e., minimize aliasing effects).

In case of a PDF import, one could add a paper size based on the the majority page aspect ratio of the PDF file to the list of recommendations that LectureNotes gives. Let me think a moment about this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)