Updated to version 2.60. Restart your testing! See post #3
for a changelog. A collection of test apps is now also linked from post #1
! THIS IS A BETA VERSION, AND WILL HAVE ISSUES. DO NOT USE THIS VERSION IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING !
! For this beta version, please do not redistribute or cook !
! Do NOT try this version on a ROM that has an older version of the driver cooked in !
What, why, how ?!
The driver didn't work well on some Snapdragon devices (the LG Expo, for example), and on some ROMs also didn't work very well, according to some. There were also a few other minor bugs fixed.
Some of the causes of the problems would require me to create a seperate patch for all those different instances (for example for the LG Expo). Obviously I want to have only a single patch that works on all devices! This BETA version is an attempt to make that a reality.
It works on the programs, games, and devices I have tested it on so far, namely OGLCubes, Electopia, GLBenchmark, Manila/TF3D/Sense(/whatever), on a stock (NLD) HD2.
This BETA is meant for people who know what they are doing, and use a few GL apps/games. Also specifically for LG Expo, TG-01 and S200/F1 users
, and those who have problems with the older version on non-stock ROMs.
What to test
- First of all, test if all your apps and games still work. If an app/game does not start at all anymore, go into CF3DConf and set the application's driver to "Original". That should let it start again. If not, let me know.
- See if you notice any performance improvements (or the opposite) on your GL apps/games.
- This is an intermediate version. If this works properly, there will be a "final". For those who are not happy "playing" with their devices, wait for that "final" (which will probably be called 3.0).
- Be aware that your device may not boot if you install this patch. Be warned! If this is the case, please do let me know
- This is the very first release of this BETA and nobody has tested it but me, so there's a fair chance it will be updated in a few days after the first massive problems are reported
- Manually uninstall all
previous versions of the patch
- Install the beta version INSTALL ON DEVICE, NOT ON STORAGE CARD !!
- Reboot the device
- Report what I stated above and any
information/test-reports you think may be useful !