SO LET'S START
• PREPARE APKS
1. In this example, we will modify Settings.apk and translate it to Spanish language.
2. Take Settings.apk from stock ROM that supports Spanish and rename it to Settings-ES.
If your language is not Spanish, then of course you need to take Settings.apk
from stock rom for you region which support your language.
3. Take Settings.apk from the rom which you want to translate.
You don't need to rename it. Leave it as it is.
• DECOMPILE APKS
1. Decompile both the apks using apktool.
• TRANSLATE/ADD ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE TO APK
1. After decompiling apk, look for the "values"
folder inside the decompiled APK
2. You should do the same for Settings-ES and open it in
another folder so you can view both folders side-by-side
3. You can simply take "values-es" folder from
Settings.apk and copy it to Settings\res
4. After copying folder, open Settings\res\strings and add the values
present in Settings.apk's res\values\strings.xml to "values-es" folder.
5. After that, compile your APK and now
you have a translated version of APK.
6. Do this for every app
you want to be translated.
Only strings.xml and arrays.xml values needs translation.
You only need to translate values inside
<string name="alert_mesage_recipients">Alert message recipients</string> <string name="text_you_should_not_translate">Text you should translate</string>
<string name="alert_mesage_recipients">Alert message recipients</string>
You will translate "Alert message recipients"
You should NOT translate "alert_mesage_recipients"
<string name="alert_mesage_recipients">Alerta destinatarios del mensaje</string>
Please point out the faults in the guide if there is any..