Thanks Meter: 20,525
By Turge, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th April 2014, 07:21 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st December 2016, 09:17 AM |#541  
Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 87
ADB Authentication Problem
My problem has been solved. Please refer to this post:
I accidentally fat-finger posted the word ADB here when I meant to be performing a search. I could not find a way to delete the post. So although it's already explored territory, I feel I should at least put some clarification down:

Additional clarification: I don't have this older release of the ROM, I simply posted here unfortunately. The ROM I refer to here is "ViperOneM8 6.1.0 (20 July 2016)".

I am on T-Mobile with an HTC One (M8) that was current stock Marshmallow as of mid December 2016. HTC gradually notified us that various stock bloatware will no longer function, such as the web browser. That resulted in an awkward lock-screen that had a web icon that didn't work. Enough of their inconsideration to users, I was glad to begin pursuing a custom ROM.

This ViperOneM8 is perfect in every way. Except ADB doesn't authenticate. Makes app development frustrating. Other posts lead me to believe I'm out of luck on getting ADB to work correctly for my carrier and handset with this ROM. That's so mind-boggling considering how exceptional everything about this ROM is, actually.

So for anybody else who stumbles into my comment, I think this ROM is worth the inconvenience of this one feature that is critical for my own use.

And for any DEV out there, please steer me correct if I've misinterpreted what I've researched. If I can get ADB authentication to work, that would be great.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using XDA-Developers mobile app
22nd January 2017, 07:01 PM |#542  
Thanks Meter: 0
I have VidepOneM8 4.3.0 on a TMobile M8.
How can I go back to Stock Rom?
21st February 2017, 09:36 PM |#543  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 34
From ViperM8 5.0.2 ATT to Viper M8 TMobUs ...
Hi, I am currently running ViperM8 5.0.2 on my ATT M8.
Planning to switch the provider from ATT to TmobUS.
The phone is unlocked, also I think the ROM will be just fine with TM SIM.
But What I need to get is T mobile WiFi Calling which I believe exist on this version on Viper but I do not have it on my ROM at the moment.

How do I get it?
Should install ViperM8 5.0.2 over my current version and somewhere in Aroma (if that exist there) choose TMobile variant? Or there is a way to install WiFi calling zip separately and if yes where do I get it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread