[App] Yay my first app called SmartLock 0.1

Search This thread

tarantula78

May 6, 2008
Hi all!

Ive been taking stuff from the XDA-Dev Community for a long time so I thought while I learn C# Programming ill post my Apps up here (as a means of giving something back and having a fresh supply of guinea pigs heh heh heh). Anyway this is ver 0.1 and i am a beginner so use with caution.

Also I only just finished it so I would like to hear about feature requests if possible. ANNDD i made this using the Samsung SDK so i dont know which fones it will work with i doubt it will work with HTC as it uses the light sensor (the only thing used from it). So if someone wants to share with me the code on how to read the HTC light sensor (get the Lumens) then I can make it dual compatible :).

Anyhoo this is the point of the app: I dont like to lock my phone with the password all the time as i usually listen to MP3s and I dont like the fact that my fone (i8000) sometimes unlocks the screen on receiving a message or email etc. The worst thing is when youre walking and happily listening to your MP3s and then suddenly you hear beeps from your phone as it presses against your leg!

If i lock it i have to put a password on it if i dont lock it sometimes the End Key gets pressed and turns the screen on or some event on the phone turns the screen on and then you have to dig it out your pocket and the Sleeve of the phone and close it again.

Maybe its just me but it bugs me very much.

So what this app does is when the screen is turned on in low light surroundings it presents another lock screen. As im not very good with graphics (i dont even have a program icon :( ) etc its just three buttons. The first is displayed at the top, tap it show the second and then the third and then it becomes unlocked and you can use it as normal. So next time you receive a message it wont be bugging you that your fone may be making a phonecall or typing gibberish to someone in your address book and so you can listen to your mP3's in peace.

Attached are screen shots of the proggie and the CAB file to install.

Please give me Feature suggestions and other App suggestions im hoping to be fluent in C# before summer is over.

PS: Im testing the app myself so im not sure about battery life etc. I didnt use polling of the screen power state rather i used the Power Notifications and the message queue method.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,463
  • 2.png
    2.png
    86 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,063
  • StayLocked.CAB
    23 KB · Views: 777
Last edited:
Reactions: ruscan.calin

LordVarkson

Aug 17, 2008
Looks cool, I would test it but I have a HTC phone so I cant :( . Just one question, how would you go about handling this in the dark, will it just lock or is there some way to quickly switch it off on unlock?
Also, if you want some buttons made, pm me I am a graphic design student and would have no trouble doing it for you :)

tarantula78

May 6, 2008
Looks cool, I would test it but I have a HTC phone so I cant :( . Just one question, how would you go about handling this in the dark, will it just lock or is there some way to quickly switch it off on unlock?
Also, if you want some buttons made, pm me I am a graphic design student and would have no trouble doing it for you :)
In the dark the three buttons will appear on the screen and you have 10 seconds to press them. Once those buttons are pressed you can use the phone until you lock it again by turning the screen off (not the full Pass Code to lock but just turning the screen off with a quick press). This way if you turn the fone on in a dark room you still have the ability to use it. However if it accidently turns on in your pocket the same three buttons are shown but after 10 seconds it will turn back off.

tarantula78

May 6, 2008
Its not so much a major port I just dont have an HTC Device to test it on and the only thing i need is the api to get a value from the light sensor if you can find me that i can put an HTC version in one second :).

zole2112

Oct 23, 2008
Wisconsin
I need an app like this, my wife hates it when my HD2 pocket dials her. If you can make it compatible with HTC I'll be all over it! Nice job!

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com

im graphic designer as well so hit me up if need some help ... also cant test as i have td2 as well.. sorry

tarantula78

May 6, 2008
Sorry for the late reply folks,

Im checking out the API now for HTC but i dont have a device to test on so I will post different releases and hopefully from feedback from you guys I can correct it. Also I will be fixing the "Object Disposed" exception problem from the Omnia though i dont have that to test on anymore i sold it but i know where the problem lies :) UPdates soon thanks for all the replies its nice to have the encouragement.

Ibn MuSa

Mar 8, 2009
United Kingdom
Sorry for the late reply folks,

Im checking out the API now for HTC but i dont have a device to test on so I will post different releases and hopefully from feedback from you guys I can correct it. Also I will be fixing the "Object Disposed" exception problem from the Omnia though i dont have that to test on anymore i sold it but i know where the problem lies :) UPdates soon thanks for all the replies its nice to have the encouragement.

Keep up the good work! I am looking forward for an HTC compatible version. Cheers :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

Ive been taking stuff from the XDA-Dev Community for a long time so I thought while I learn C# Programming ill post my Apps up here (as a means of giving something back and having a fresh supply of guinea pigs heh heh heh). Anyway this is ver 0.1 and i am a beginner so use with caution.

Also I only just finished it so I would like to hear about feature requests if possible. ANNDD i made this using the Samsung SDK so i dont know which fones it will work with i doubt it will work with HTC as it uses the light sensor (the only thing used from it). So if someone wants to share with me the code on how to read the HTC light sensor (get the Lumens) then I can make it dual compatible :).

Anyhoo this is the point of the app: I dont like to lock my phone with the password all the time as i usually listen to MP3s and I dont like the fact that my fone (i8000) sometimes unlocks the screen on receiving a message or email etc. The worst thing is when youre walking and happily listening to your MP3s and then suddenly you hear beeps from your phone as it presses against your leg!

If i lock it i have to put a password on it if i dont lock it sometimes the End Key gets pressed and turns the screen on or some event on the phone turns the screen on and then you have to dig it out your pocket and the Sleeve of the phone and close it again.

Maybe its just me but it bugs me very much.

So what this app does is when the screen is turned on in low light surroundings it presents another lock screen. As im not very good with graphics (i dont even have a program icon :( ) etc its just three buttons. The first is displayed at the top, tap it show the second and then the third and then it becomes unlocked and you can use it as normal. So next time you receive a message it wont be bugging you that your fone may be making a phonecall or typing gibberish to someone in your address book and so you can listen to your mP3's in peace.

Attached are screen shots of the proggie and the CAB file to install.

Please give me Feature suggestions and other App suggestions im hoping to be fluent in C# before summer is over.

PS: Im testing the app myself so im not sure about battery life etc. I didnt use polling of the screen power state rather i used the Power Notifications and the message queue method.