• NXT-DL00

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • NXT-TL00

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Nirak

Jan 7, 2007
Last tuto worked for me, got root, but Titanium BackUp won't work correct. I can't freeze or restore apps, but when i install app from Playstore i can restore data. TWRP works, i can make a full backup, but TWRP identifies my device as NRD90M-test-keys (I have AL10 transferred into NXT-L29 long ago).

I've made a fresh install for adaway , it works just fine.

I simply deleted some huge system apps (Chrome etc..) APK's from the system folder and i think i can live without full functional TiBu for now. Would be great to have it all up and running again, but in the meantime i'm happy with my rooted Nougat

I'm beginning to believe it is Titanium BackUp that's the problem and not root.

franzyroy

Aug 23, 2010
Normandy
xdaforums.com
Last tuto worked for me, got root, but Titanium BackUp won't work correct. I can't freeze or restore apps, but when i install app from Playstore i can restore data. TWRP works, i can make a full backup, but TWRP identifies my device as NRD90M-test-keys (I have AL10 transferred into NXT-L29 long ago).

I've made a fresh install for adaway , it works just fine.

I simply deleted some huge system apps (Chrome etc..) APK's from the system folder and i think i can live without full functional TiBu for now. Would be great to have it all up and running again, but in the meantime i'm happy with my rooted Nougat

I'm beginning to believe it is Titanium BackUp that's the problem and not root.

Now, I'm beginning to believe that's something else! :rolleyes:

dexz

I make a test with an explorer.

Here the result:
Copy a file from system to sdcard --> OK
Copy a file from sdcard to system --> null

Conclusion:
It's like if the system was READ-EXECUTE. However the permissions is 755, so normally READ, WRITE and EXECUTE for the owner, and READ and EXECUTE for groups and others.

Weird, I don't understand! :eek:

Or we are not recognized as owner.

I have no problem writing from system to sdcard & sdcard to system.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170223-212727.png
    Screenshot_20170223-212727.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20170223-212643.jpg
    Screenshot_20170223-212643.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 65

franzyroy

Aug 23, 2010
Normandy
xdaforums.com

natispain

Jun 25, 2012
Madrid
I can't delete some apps too. It sais that is a System app. Google Play música etc. Email, notes,.... The root Is not full but is the only we have. For that readon Titanium doesn't work fully.

franzyroy

Aug 23, 2010
Normandy
xdaforums.com
I can't delete some apps too. It sais that is a System app. Google Play música etc. Email, notes,.... The root Is not full but is the only we have. For that readon Titanium doesn't work fully.

Yes, it's the current issue. I talk about of that with another mate on Frandroid. Like me, he created an insecure boot (from my tuto) but only with desactivated encryptage. He hasn't the issue. Maybe it's due to the change of default.prop file that I made.

Yeah. Will try to install fresh and install your insecure boot and see if i got the same issues with you. Report back later.

Thanks for your test!:good:

danterape

Jun 7, 2015
Czestochowa
www.soleporta.pl
Yes, it's the current issue. I talk about of that with another mate on Frandroid. Like me, he created an insecure boot (from my tuto) but only with desactivated encryptage. He hasn't the issue. Maybe it's due to the change of default.prop file that I made.

Thanks for your test!:good:

I hope you can find a solution. I dont have any clue what to do to help you my friend :(

amin318

Jun 9, 2013
Huawei Watch
Xiaomi Poco F3
I dunno why my BT won't work after this root method! I tried flashing over and over but no luck!

And a friendly advice: do not luck ur bootloader if u have twrp on ur nougat! U will end up with no OS and no twrp and un-unlockable bootloader!
I taked my phone to Huawei consumer services and they changed my phone's main board

I'll wait for official twrp with supporting emui5 kernel

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

franzyroy

Aug 23, 2010
Normandy
xdaforums.com
I dunno why my BT won't work after this root method! I tried flashing over and over but no luck!

And a friendly advice: do not lock ur bootloader if u have twrp on ur nougat! U will end up with no OS and no twrp and un-unlockable bootloader!
I taked my phone to Huawei consumer services and they changed my phone's main board

I'll wait for official twrp with supporting emui5 kernel

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

I understand you my friend. However, you say, lock the BL and you have no longer the TWRP neither OS. But for that, you already had no longer the OS?! If you lock the bootloader with a functional OS, the fact to lock the BL doesn't kill your OS. Do you agree with that? Maybe I should precisate it in the OP post but certainly not what you say there.

Sorry for you MB!

Added! ;)

franzyroy

Aug 23, 2010
Normandy
xdaforums.com
I hope you can find a solution. I dont have any clue what to do to help you my friend :(

Maybe a solution from monpseudo on Frandroid or @jac10000 (it's the same ;) ).
He used it for him and he is FULLY root, and there when I say FULLY... it's FULLY. At least for him, on Frandroid, there aren't enough of comeback (like here) to say if yes or no, it might be the final tuto.

1. Install the frd-twrp
  2. Reboot to the recovery - due to the new recovery installation
  3. Wipe factory Reset - Like always for the new sytem installation
  4. Install Update.zip - in first, it's better for the following
  5. Install frd-twrp.img from the twrp - Because "Update.zip" erase the recovery/ install the erecovery
  6. Install decrypted data boot (new: modified only encryptage to data) - It's new because with insecure boot I noticed something if we install it at this step.
  7. Reboot to the recovery - due to the new recovery installation
  8. Format DATA - here, I think that's the good moment to format data, after installation of Update.zip
  9. Reboot to the recovery - due to the "Format DATA"
  10. Install update_data_full_hw_eu.zip - after the "Format DATA", it couldn't be before
  11. Install SuperSU-v2.79-201612051815-EMUI5.0.zip - For the end, it's fine.
  12. Reboot system

Why a new tuto?
I find that the order of the steps in this tutorial really makes sense depending on what we want. Even more than mine.

Why the "decrypted data boot"?
Because the insecure boot installed at this moment, when you will reboot your phone, you might activate the Developer options but never acceed to this options. The insecure boot unactive its access.

Then why not in the tuto of OP post?
Because, the update "Update.zip" is installed after, not as this tuto. The "Update.zip" install its boot.img, so overwrite the insecure boot.img.

Did you test it?
No, I gonna do it this weekend probably. Always the weekend for me, mainly in the evening, sorry I use my phone for my work and family. But @jac10000 has tested as it's written here (in french)

I cross fingers
ahjecr12.gif

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to root your Huawei device on Nougat

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this TUTO
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */

Hi mates

For all those who, like me, have a lot of trouble to root their Mate 8.
    I've successful to root my phone from the B560.

Last tuto (FINAL):
    * Have the B560 firmware (or above - ask me for that) without no changes for Huawei Mate 8 with Nougat firmware - for the others devices, ASK ME!!!
    * This Boot_Insecure_BXXX_Fix-adb_dm-verity-v2.img or v3- 5 versions for the moment: B560 - B580 - B581 - B582 - B585 - B588- B590- B592- B594- B595- B596. For another kernel, ASK ME!
    * Have this TWRP 3.1.0-x - or this one (following the update)
    * Have this SuperSU-v2.xx-EMUI5.0.zip on your external sdcard for supersu Chainfire - method 1
    * Have the PHH superuser.zip on your external sdcard for PHH superuser - method 2

1 - Easy way to root with supersu Chainfire:
    1. Install the TWRP via adb, or SRKtools or still TWRP if you already have it
    2. Install the new_Insecure_BXXX_dm-verity-v2.img or v3 via adb
    3. Reboot to the recovery
    4. Install SuperSU-v2.xx-EMUI5.0.zip from TWRP
    5. Reboot system

2 - Easy way to root with PHH superuser:
    1. Install the TWRP via adb, or SRKtools or still TWRP if you already have it
    2. Install the new_Insecure_BXXX_dm-verity-v2.img or v3 via adb
    3. Reboot to the recovery
    4. Install PHH superuser.zip from TWRP
    5. Reboot system
    6. Install PHH superuser app via PlayStore (if necessary, you had to make it with previous version)

Devices with which it works:

Misc:
    • It's certainly possible to root others Huawei models . For them, send me the stock boot.img of your current firmware in order that I make an insecure boot Fix-adb dm-verity for your device.
    • All apps requiring root works well with this method.
    • Following a problem with access to developer options, a update was made that now makes us to v3.

Credits:
    • ajsmsg78 - who explained me how to create the insecure boot
    • jac10000 - who helped me to create the insecure boot Fix-adb dm-verity
    • Chainfire for supersu
    • phhusson for PHH superuser

Donators:
    Thanks to them
    Version Information:
    • Created: 2017-02-12
    • Last Updated: 2018-02-07

If you like that, hit the THANKS button below !
    Install TWRP (SRKtools method)

TWRP TUTO:
    1. Download this twrp.img
    2. Rename it as twrpmate8mm.img
    3. Goes to the SRKtools folder
    4. Goes to the recovery folder
    5. Goes to the mate8 folder
    6. Goes to the emui41 folder
    7. Open mate8.zip file with winrar or other extractor
    8. Inside, you've 2 files,stockrecoverymate8mm.img and twrpmate8mm.img, delete twrpmate8mm.img file in the zip and confirm
    9. Drag and drop your renamed file (twrpmate8mm.img) in the opened zip, confirm
    10. Plug your phone
    11. Authorize Debug mode in Settings\Developper options
    12. Check if "Enable OEM unlock" is ticked
    13. Authorize Debug mode in popup windows
    14. Now, you launch SRKtools app
    15. In the menu, choose 3 (Install recovery 6.0) and enter
    16. Choose 2 (Huawei Mate 8) and enter
    17. Choose 3 (Install Mate 8 TWRP for Marshmallow (EMUI 4.1) and enter
    18. Type y and enter
    19. Type f and enter
    20. Wait the end of installation
    21. The phone will reboot to this recovery and you will see that is good recovery
    Install TWRP (ADB method)

TWRP TUTO:
    1. Download this twrp.img
    2. Rename it as twrp.img
    3. Plug the phone with the debug mod activated
    4. Check if "Enable OEM unlock" is ticked
    5. Launch a command prompt from you ADB folder - like on the Flash_boot_img_tuto_02.jpg screenshot
    6. Type: adb devices
    7. Type: adb reboot bootloader
    8. Put the twrp.img file in C: (you can put anywhere but you should know the path. So the better is to follow my instructions)
    9. Type: fastboot flash recovery C:\twrp.img (Wait the end of installation, it's quick)
    Report me if it works fine for you! I'll add you in the OP post.
    Report me on which firmware you used my method.

Changes:
    Code:
    [B][I]Boot_Insecure_BXXX_Fix-adb_dm-verity-v2.img[/I][/B]
    * fixes issue adb doesn't work

[B][I]Boot_Insecure_BXXX_Fix-adb_dm-verity.img[/I][/B]
    * based on the [URL="https://xdaforums.com/mate-8/orig-development/boot-decrypted-insecure-boot-img-adb-t3555257"]insecure boot[/URL]
    * remove the boot checking of dm-verity for a better rooting
    * authorize read/ write on the partitions

Thanks! ;)
    FINALLY PROPER ROOT!!!
    I have had many problems rooting this device with this and other guide, once was broken bluetooth, once was broken fm radio or recorder, once camera...., and many problems with twrp backup and restore....
    So, after hundred of experiments, i finally solved as follows (don't know if all the steps are necessary):
    NOTE: full wipe, no need to flash insecure boot -

01 - flash frp-twrp -> https://mega.nz/#!xg8lVBgJ!4v0DbY-QLGtQVnYvTkTtIXRBmx5q-ZoJp90PSMqlh-U
    02 - reboot in frp-twrp
    03 - wipe - factory reset
    04 - advanced wipe -anything but not internal and external memories (you can try not doing this step)
    05 - format data - yes
    06 - reboot bootloader
    07 - flash this twrp -> https://mega.nz/#!bgokHT6J!TekiyMSJKTIbkoEK6HKr5kLydkgmmYjYe9UvskISMdM
    08 - reboot in twrp
    09 - format data - yes
    10 - install supersu -> https://mega.nz/#!2Y8CgIDa!RvUXD1dJKYA0xBPHRfzVy0wj_CZXPw-bMdZJLpypHUY
    11 - install update_data_eu -> http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...3563/f1/full/hw/eu/update_data_full_hw_eu.zip
    12 - install update.zip -> http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G753/g104/v73563/f1/full/update.zip
    13 - reboot bootloader
    14 - flash again frp-twrp -> https://mega.nz/#!xg8lVBgJ!4v0DbY-QLGtQVnYvTkTtIXRBmx5q-ZoJp90PSMqlh-U
    15 - reboot in frp-twrp
    15 - install again supersu -> https://mega.nz/#!2Y8CgIDa!RvUXD1dJKYA0xBPHRfzVy0wj_CZXPw-bMdZJLpypHUY
    16 - reboot bootloader
    17 - flash again this twrp -> https://mega.nz/#!bgokHT6J!TekiyMSJKTIbkoEK6HKr5kLydkgmmYjYe9UvskISMdM
    18 - reboot.

Basically, first we need frp-twrp for enabling format data, then we need 3.0.3.0 twrp for correctly flash stock firmware, after we need again frp-twrp for supersu injecting, at the end we need again 3.0.3.0 twrp for enabling functional twrp backup and restore.
    Now mate8 is fully rooted with fully functional twrp (NFC is enabled too)!!!

Sorry for my english, really hope this guide is intellegible!!