Thanks Meter: 8,948

By rodman01, Recognized Themer / Contributor on 19th February 2014, 11:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th February 2017, 09:03 AM |#331  
OP Recognized Themer / Contributor
Flag Allgäu

More
Dear, I have never owned that device only the i9000, which are very similar yes.
But have you read and followed any of the pinned posts and howtos according to update to a newer rom version? As far as I remember (had been a while since I flashed my i9000 from eclair, you need to root first, then flash cwm, then minimum an ics kernel and then the rom. Mayb the cwm step can be skipped, because recovery is also coming with the rom as far as I remember. Flashing via odin a kernel should be ok. Then flash a ics or jb rom of cm first and then an update to RR shouldn't be a problem.
But again, read read and read again, and as soon as you are sure what you are doing, flash....there are couple of posts here and in the i9000 section too.
The Following User Says Thank You to rodman01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rodman01 Ad-Free

26th February 2017, 09:08 AM |#332  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks man i will install ICS then and after that i will install your rom Ty for the reply

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

I am installing this ICZen_1.8.5 rom is it ok if i do so?
26th February 2017, 09:10 AM |#333  
Flag Allgäu

More
I have no idea.
Why not flashing the official cm?
26th February 2017, 09:13 AM |#334  
Flag Mumbai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman01

Dear, I have never owned that device only the i9000, which are very similar yes.
But have you read and followed any of the pinned posts and howtos according to update to a newer rom version? As far as I remember (had been a while since I flashed my i9000 from eclair, you need to root first, then flash cwm, then minimum an ics kernel and then the rom. Mayb the cwm step can be skipped, because recovery is also coming with the rom as far as I remember. Flashing via odin a kernel should be ok. Then flash a ics or jb rom of cm first and then an update to RR shouldn't be a problem.
But again, read read and read again, and as soon as you are sure what you are doing, flash....there are couple of posts here and in the i9000 section too.

Hey Can you give me the links of Kernel and Rom
I rooted my phone and CWR Is installed
My Phone Details
Model number:-SGH-T959
Firmware Version:2.1
Kernel Version 2.6.29
26th February 2017, 09:16 AM |#335  
Flag Allgäu

More
No, because with some searching you will find it here in the vibrant section of your own...here is a link to an unofficial cm version also with a detailed howto. And now its your turn: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2529526
If this doesn't help, maybe google is your friend....
26th February 2017, 09:27 AM |#336  
Flag Mumbai

More
[QUOTE=rodman01;71194874]No, because with some searching you will find it here in the vibrant section of your own...here is a link to an unofficial cm version also with a detailed howto. And now its your turn: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2529526
If this doesn't help, maybe google is your friend....[/Q
I want to install your Rom

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

I am installing ICZen_1.8.5 for now then i will try to install yours

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Its Installing Now

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

ICZen its booting up OMG

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Omg it booted iam on 4.0.4 Now can i install your rom now ?
27th February 2017, 04:28 AM |#337  
Flag Tuticorin
Thanks Meter: 176

Donate to Me
More
[QUOTE=A_R_T_Z;71194901]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman01

No, because with some searching you will find it here in the vibrant section of your own...here is a link to an unofficial cm version also with a detailed howto. And now its your turn: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2529526
If this doesn't help, maybe google is your friend....[/Q
I want to install your Rom

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

I am installing ICZen_1.8.5 for now then i will try to install yours

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Its Installing Now

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

ICZen its booting up OMG

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Omg it booted iam on 4.0.4 Now can i install your rom now ?

No inorder to flash android 5.0 you need to install Kitkat 4.4.4 after that try to flash this rom. Just flash any cm11 or slim kitkat rom you will surely get this
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)