Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash-A-Holic

Just spreading the word (link):

TheKit has now posted a test version of Salifish OS:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99031
Seems pretty good so far...
The Following User Says Thank You to moodroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift moodroid Ad-Free
7th April 2017, 04:04 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodroid

TheKit has now posted a test version of Salifish OS:
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=99031
Seems pretty good so far...

I am going to run this and run my own tests but is there any chance this will be running something higher than kit kat such as android 6 or android 7 in the future?
7th April 2017, 09:54 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGdroidster

I am going to run this and run my own tests but is there any chance this will be running something higher than kit kat such as android 6 or android 7 in the future?

Hi. Don't know if TheKit will be reading this thread. I think you'd be better asking him in the talk.maemo.org thread.
18th April 2017, 02:37 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I'm running Sailfish OS v2.1 on my Droid 4! Everything seems to work as supposed. However when I'm trying to install landscape rotation pacthes from Warehouse I will get an error. I think this is generel issue related with Sailfish OS. Is there any guide I could follow?

EDIT:
I figured out what was wrong (source). I needed to write these lines via terminal:
Code:
devel-su
Code:
ssu dr home
ssu dr adaptation0
zypper refresh
After that I was able install patches from Warehouse. However "Patch: Homescreen rotate and eventsview sidebar" wasn't working for me but this patch is working:
24th April 2017, 05:59 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefuf

What is Sailfish OS like? I've really only heard of it in passing a handful of times, but didn't know there was a ROM for our Droid 4. How do you like it?

I decided to answer here (on topic). The Sailfish OS 2.1 is still alpha port but it is working pretty well. So far I have noticed two bugs.
  • Every time I reboot the phone I need to enter SIM-code two times (I believe this is CM based bug)
  • Sometimes battery level will stuck to 100%
Also FM radio and Bluetooth are not working yet but maybe later. Battery life is batter than on Android but I did overclock to 1,3Ghz on Android. Sailfish OS is different than any other OS so it takes little time to get used to it. The OS itself is beautiful and gestures are nice with QWERTY slider device. It feels natural to swipe from left and right when your thumbs are moving on keyboard already. Biggest issue is the "app gap" since the Android apps are not working on unofficial Sailfish OS ports. However there is community based app store called Warehouse. There is some useful apps that are missing from official Jolla Store. There is also some fixes like allowing rotation to landscape.
31st December 2017, 09:09 AM |#26  

More
New update
TheKit posted SailfishOS 2.1.3.7 update for Droid 4 at Meamo. Updating procedure is the same as previously. Feel free to try it if you like
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash-A-Holic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Flash-A-Holic Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)