Team Black Out Presents...The Dark Side of the Source...Black and Clear Apps

77 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,253

By TeamBlackOut, Member on 18th May 2013, 03:17 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th March 2017, 01:17 AM |#21051  
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Hello, I was needing some advice from some experienced themers. I'm trying to fix the text in this dialog box and I was curious where these are typically located in an app. I've included a picture. I've done a search for the text color and can't find it. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170304-083217.png
Views:	370
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	4063524  

6th March 2017, 01:27 AM |#21052  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield
Thanks Meter: 43,973

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydorns

Hello, I was needing some advice from some experienced themers. I'm trying to fix the text in this dialog box and I was curious where these are typically located in an app. I've included a picture. I've done a search for the text color and can't find it. Thanks in advance.

Really dependson the app, Most use framework resources for dialogs. The parent in styles going to theme.material will have the resources for dialogs. Adding those attributes to your themed app can interrupt the axes to framework so your can define them within. Look for Text Appearance styles and attributes in the app. If there are some try adding primary and secondary text color attributes to bring them in from fw but you define them.

Hope that helps.

DJ
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
6th March 2017, 01:41 AM |#21053  

More
Ok. Thank you... So maybe look in styles? See if it's pulling text color from framework, then redirect to something from values/colors. Sorry still learning how these apps work. I'll do some research on how to do attributes and stuff. I'm just trying to find where exactly this dialog box is first. It's pulling the background from framework, I do know that.
6th March 2017, 01:49 AM |#21054  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok. Thank you... So maybe look in styles? See if it's pulling text color from framework, then redirect to something from values/colors. Sorry still learning how these apps work. I'll do some research on how to do attributes and stuff. I'm just trying to find where exactly this dialog box is first. It's pulling the background from framework, I do know that.

Yes see theme, theme holo, theme material and device default are the main dark themes in fw. So if your app has dialogs it gets themed with framework. So if the parent you changed from theme material light to theme material it will use all their resources. If you look in framework you'll see their styles. You can use @ANDROID or with attributes android: inside that app to pull the attributes local so you can define them. I think I explained it better this time. Lol

What app is this? I'm thinking movie something. I know when I themed shown it used most resources from framework.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
6th March 2017, 02:35 AM |#21055  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hey. Team Blackout!

Thank you all for your hard work, could you please update WhatsApp? The last recent version is too old.

Thank you!
6th March 2017, 02:41 AM |#21056  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Themer
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 12,409

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbenannt0412

Hey. Team Blackout!

Thank you all for your hard work, could you please update WhatsApp? The last recent version is too old.

Thank you!

Good sir, the update will be made when we can, and not a minute beforehand. Please refrain from asking for updates, we don't take kindly to requests 😊

#WhiteUIMustDie #ThemesMatter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daveyannihilation For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift daveyannihilation Ad-Free
6th March 2017, 03:00 AM |#21057  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 17,720

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbenannt0412

Hey. Team Blackout!

Thank you!

It was just updated by TBO. Look back or search the thread before posting entitled requests like that. Stating things nicely doesn't make it right.

The savage mutilation of the human race is set on course
protest&survive
6th March 2017, 04:36 AM |#21058  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Yes see theme, theme holo, theme material and device default are the main dark themes in fw. So if your app has dialogs it gets themed with framework. So if the parent you changed from theme material light to theme material it will use all their resources. If you look in framework you'll see their styles. You can use @ANDROID or with attributes android: inside that app to pull the attributes local so you can define them. I think I explained it better this time. Lol

What app is this? I'm thinking movie something. I know when I themed shown it used most resources from framework.

It's "Movie HD". The app itself is dark (not ff000000) but it's dark. My framework for dialog boxes is ff000000 and unfortunately the text the app uses for dialog box is almost that color. I am basically just trying to change the text color to white but I can't seem to find it. I have another question when an attribute is:?primarytext for instead of @ what does the question mark mean? Just curious, do you change that? Anyway I'm going to keep digging. I will open framework and see what is using that color ff111111 and then go back and search for that style.
6th March 2017, 05:07 AM |#21059  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It's "Movie HD". The app itself is dark (not ff000000) but it's dark. My framework for dialog boxes is ff000000 and unfortunately the text the app uses for dialog box is almost that color. I am basically just trying to change the text color to white but I can't seem to find it. I have another question when an attribute is:?primarytext for instead of @ what does the question mark mean? Just curious, do you change that? Anyway I'm going to keep digging. I will open framework and see what is using that color ff111111 and then go back and search for that style.

Here's an example how those work:

Code:
App
    <style name="Platform.V11.AppCompat" parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo">
        <item name="android:colorForeground">?android:colorForeground</item>
        <item name="android:colorBackground">?android:colorBackground</item>
Framework:
    <style name="Theme.Holo">
        <item name="colorForeground">@color/foreground_material_light</item>
        <item name="colorBackground">@color/background_material_light</item>

So these will be used in place of the ?android:colorForeground
        <item name="android:colorForeground">@color/foreground_material_light</item>
        <item name="android:colorBackground">@color/background_material_light</item>
But here is when the parent matters and how to use it for your advantage:

Code:
App
    <style name="Platform.V11.AppCompat.Light" parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light">
Framework:
    <style name="Theme.Holo.Light">
        <item name="colorForeground">@color/foreground_material_dark</item>
        <item name="colorBackground">@color/background_material_dark</item>

You do this:

<style name="Platform.V11.AppCompat.Light" parent="@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light">
        <item name="android:colorForeground">@color/pink</item>
        <item name="android:colorBackground">@color/purple</item>
you'll have light app with pink text purple background dialogs on Theme.Holo.Light

That's kinda what I suggested to get the dialogs text.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
6th March 2017, 08:42 AM |#21060  
Recognized Themer
Flag Springfield

Donate to Me
More
Bang bang

Working on Google voice next then Duo update.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170306-023103.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	252.8 KB
ID:	4063792   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170306-023115.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	252.9 KB
ID:	4063793  
The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to djdarkknight96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift djdarkknight96 Ad-Free
6th March 2017, 11:22 AM |#21061  
Flag Charlotte
Thanks Meter: 1,636

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdarkknight96

Bang bang

Working on Google voice next then Duo update.

Thanks, I appreciate all you guys do

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Soooperstar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Soooperstar Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)