40 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

Post Reply Email Thread
1st September 2014, 08:06 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtartrackR

I'm a HTC Desire S owner. I've problem installing APK files. It shows "There is a problem parsing the package" when trying to install apk files in ES File Explorer. It only happens when the apk files are in SDcard. It don't happen when install apk files which are located in my PC thru WiFi with ES File Explorer. It don't work with ASTRO file manager either. But I can install with AndExplorer and can install from PC (with DroidExplorer). I mostly use ES file manager and wanna install with it. I'm currently using latest version of ES file explorer. I've already checked "Allow installation of non-market apps" in setting. It did not happen with Stock ROM. Happened while using Saga3D, I don't know what I accidently did. I change to new rom 'Virtuous Quattro (ICS) and it still occur. Now I'm on Hyperion and it is still happening. Please help me.

hey juz check if ur sd is protected with password or something. and its the reason y its showing... if sd is protected under developer options & phone is rooted it occurs. check that out n try and tht prob will be solved..it worked for me. check that out n reply.

25th November 2016, 05:39 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
APK installation Astro File Manager issue
For me, the APK installer in Astro File Manager doesn't work atm.
I see a brief scanning popup window but then it disappears.
Until they fix it, it's best to avoid launching APKs from Astro File manager.
If you think your APKs installs are using Astro File manager as the default app, you need to clear it.

On a Samsung Galaxy S7, I had to
1. Settings > Applications > Application manager
2. More (Reset app preferences)
3. If you have Samsung Kids Mode installed, you need to run and reconfigure it (if you don't you'll get annoying popups because Kids Mode app is now unstable until you reconfigure it)
4. Return to ES File Explorer and launch the APK (if there are still issues, continue to step 5)
5. Go back to Application Manager (i.e. repeat step 1)
6. More (drop down menu on top right) > Show system apps
7. Scroll down and locate Package Installer
8. Set as default
9. Try again
The Following User Says Thank You to bikeboy888 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bikeboy888 Ad-Free
7th March 2017, 05:02 AM |#13  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeboy888

For me, the APK installer in Astro File Manager doesn't work atm.
I see a brief scanning popup window but then it disappears.
Until they fix it, it's best to avoid launching APKs from Astro File manager.
If you think your APKs installs are using Astro File manager as the default app, you need to clear it.

On a Samsung Galaxy S7, I had to
1. Settings > Applications > Application manager
2. More (Reset app preferences)
3. If you have Samsung Kids Mode installed, you need to run and reconfigure it (if you don't you'll get annoying popups because Kids Mode app is now unstable until you reconfigure it)
4. Return to ES File Explorer and launch the APK (if there are still issues, continue to step 5)
5. Go back to Application Manager (i.e. repeat step 1)
6. More (drop down menu on top right) > Show system apps
7. Scroll down and locate Package Installer
8. Set as default
9. Try again

I had the same problem it was related to Package installer permissions. Gave the storage permission to package installer it worked. Mine was LG G3 with CM13 by the way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)