Titanium Backup resets wallpaper

Search This thread

VsUK

Mar 18, 2014
I personally don't like tit as it restores old data over new data if you've backed up apps that come pre installed on newer models & it corrupts things.

Apr 29, 2016
I started getting this as well about a month ago.
After every scheduled backup, it resets stock wallpaper,
disables important Apps like
Extreme callblocker
Tiny call confirm
Auto Speaker
Screen on Call

This is total wank.

I am rather embarrassed that I started an earlier thread,
Titanium Backup made out of dog poo!
I unreservedly apologise for this. I was posting without enough knowledge.
I am now in a position to correct this error.
Titanium Backup made out of dog poo from a dog suffering with darorrah !
In fact this is so cr4p they even made this song up about this crappy app.

I just want it to fuc4ing work.

gff1stof3

May 14, 2014
Orlando
Ditto here on a Moto G5 Plus, every time I backup it resets live wallpaper and who knows what else. You would think a problem that's been around this long would have been fixed but it does not seem so. Good thing I didn't buy it yet and decided to test it. So anyone have any good recommendations for a real good backup app that actually works.

bmaz121

Oct 6, 2012
Santa Ana, CA
I am also experiencing this issue on my rooted Galaxy S2 with 4.1.2.

In addition to resetting my wallpaper, the backup also sets my default keyboard back from Swiftkey to the Samsung Keyboard.

In my case, it has been every time I run Backup - All User Apps and System Data.

By testing I have determined that if I do not backup Swiftkey then the default keyboard doesn't change.

In the case of the wallpaper issue, I Have not yet been able to work out which backup item is causing the problem.

Yep I have the same problem. Resets keyboard and live wall papper every time 10-18-20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FWIW.... A workaround I found for this problem on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (4.2.2 using Titanium Backup free version)... If I exclude "System UI" from the backup, the wallpaper is not reset. I had tried both the "Kill active apps" and the "Exclude active apps" options, but it was still resetting the wallpaper to default. I performed a manual backup, deselected System UI from the apps list, and the wallpaper wasn't reset. For scheduled backups I set up a filter to exclude "System UI" and it seems to work fine.

There certainly may be other solutions/workarounds, but this one worked for me.
    I'm also finding that my wallpaper is reset to the default one when using Titanium Backup. It's happening when I use TB to clean the cache of the System UI app (thanks to ahe777 for pointing me in the right direction) rather than when running backups.

The solution for me was to set up a label and filter to exclude the System UI app from cache cleaning.

The Advanced App Control option (I'm using TB Pro) seems to make no difference in my situation.

HTC One S with CyanogenMod 10.2
    Hey guys,

had the same problem on tablet and phone (only the wallpaper thing).

Here is a solution, get the pro version of titanium - preferences and check "advanced app control". Solved.

Cheers

one less gadget.
    Using TB Pro - Doing manual backup of all sys data and user apps I found the following when it finished...

• Resets wallpaper back to original wallpaper.
    • Resets keyboard back to google keyboard as default.
    • Also stops all my "Start at Boot" apps from starting at boot. I hade to restart each manually to get them to go back to autostarting again.
    • Also reset my default SMS app to Google Messaging.
    Tried Advanced App Control and that appears to have solved the problem - at least for manual backups. Will see about scheduled later.