My phone is samsung galaxy y gt-s5360
android version 2.3.6

Hamza khan2014

Jun 26, 2015
Rawalpindi
Root

Did not work on my Samsung s7582 Lolly pop :confused:
Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :)

1. Charge your device more than 80%. Coz you still have a lot of work to do...

2. Backup your contacts, messages, apps and everything you want. For the contacts and messages you can just about use anything off the Play Store with a few stars and good reviews. But for the apps I would personally recommend the Astro app. Yes I know what you want to ask. It's free..;)

3. Download the zip file for root and place it directly on your SD card, not in any folder. Do not extract it.

4. Switch off your phone.

5. Press the Home button, Power button and the Volume Up button and keep holding it until the Samsung logo appears. Now let go of the buttons. You will see that some writings have come in red colour. This is called the Recovery Mode. Your touch screen wont work now. So don't panic if you touch the screen and nothing happens. Only the volume buttons, home button and the power buttons work now. Volume buttons for going up and down. Home button for selecting and Power key for going back to previous screen.

6. Select 'Apply update from sd card'.

7. Choose the file that you have downloaded and select yes.

8. After that you'll be taken to another screen where there will be an option 'Reboot system now'. Select it and be patient and wait for your phone to switch on.

9. Check your apps and if you see the Superuser app, it means you are rooted. :D

10. Now open it and update the binaries.

That's it. You are good to go. The proud owner of a rooted SGY. :good::laugh:

thx4up

Aug 9, 2012
Berlin
This root update zip not work on my S5360 :rolleyes:

Model: GT-S5360
Baseband: S5360XXMK1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 / dpi@DELL226 #1 / KST 2013
BuildNummer: GINGERBREAD.XXMK1

NaruBeast

Dec 15, 2015
Hi,
I tried to root Galaxy Y and followed till step 5. But after pressing the home, volume and power buttons the screen didn't start recovery mode. It gave a warning about custom OS installation but I continued and now I am stuck on the screen which says
"ODIN MODE
product Name:
Custom Bin Down : No(0 counts )
Downloading....
Do not turn off target"
It has been over 40 minutes now, is it normal?

Mar 21, 2015
Alwar
Hi,
I tried to root Galaxy Y and followed till step 5. But after pressing the home, volume and power buttons the screen didn't start recovery mode. It gave a warning about custom OS installation but I continued and now I am stuck on the screen which says
"ODIN MODE
product Name:
Custom Bin Down : No(0 counts )
Downloading....
Do not turn off target"
It has been over 40 minutes now, is it normal?

you had to go into the recovery mode but you have gone into the download mode, you have pressed wrong combo of keys
you should press volume up+home+lock key together then you will be able to go into recovery mode and root your phone.

adambomb1258

Aug 21, 2015
Signature verification faild

OK so i downloaded the update.zip file, put it in my sd card, boot into system recovery, choose update from external card, choose the update.zip folder then get this message:
-- Install /sdcard ...
Finding update package ...
Opening update package ...
Verifying update package ...
E:signature verification failed

i have no clue what to do...

YDroid521

Mar 16, 2016
Garut
Help me

I want to root my galaxy y but i can't open recovery mode for flash update.zip because my home button is not work , can you tell me another way to root my phone without using recovery.

milzita

Apr 19, 2016
New York
www.kizinew.in
Thank post

Your article is very useful for the society. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing a great information and useful. it really necessary and timely for me at this time. I've read a lot of blogs and visit but they made me feel boring. Your article made me feel strange and fascinating it attracted me. I wanted to share this information with my friends on the social network facebook.

faraz7754

Jan 28, 2017
I rooted my galaxy y and the very next day it's IC broke. I don't say that it's your fault but just had a question that can rooting break your IC???

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

dude when I press update from sd card it is showing sd card cant mount
please tell me what should I do?
I had the same problem and I tried rooting it using another SD card and was able to root my phone successfully.

Apr 3, 2017
Can u send caliban666 thread link?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Look for update zips by
-caliban666-.
He has some more update.zips with bloatware rwmovers.
what did it result into after flashing the update zip?
Try wiping cache from stock recovery before rooting.
A Hero Can Be Anyone

Can u give the link of thats thread

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Free mobile app

rituraj_111

Jan 13, 2018
Root your Galaxy Y

Rooting is the first step to customise your device. Without rooting absolutely 'extraordinary' nothing is possible. Yes your warranty becomes void after that. So what?? You can always get it back after unrooting it. So chill. No matter where you read that its very risky or something like that, I'll say refrain from going to those sites. They are just putting unnecessary fear into your mind. Most probably they fear you could make your device function better than them. :D;) So lets go on with it. I've made it simple for you. Just follow the steps. :)

2. Backup your contacts, messages, apps and everything you want. For the contacts and messages you can just about use anything off the Play Store with a few stars and good reviews. But for the apps I would personally recommend the Astro app. Yes I know what you want to ask. It's free..;)

3. Download the zip file for root and place it directly on your SD card, not in any folder. Do not extract it.

5. Press the Home button, Power button and the Volume Up button and keep holding it until the Samsung logo appears. Now let go of the buttons. You will see that some writings have come in red colour. This is called the Recovery Mode. Your touch screen wont work now. So don't panic if you touch the screen and nothing happens. Only the volume buttons, home button and the power buttons work now. Volume buttons for going up and down. Home button for selecting and Power key for going back to previous screen.

8. After that you'll be taken to another screen where there will be an option 'Reboot system now'. Select it and be patient and wait for your phone to switch on.

9. Check your apps and if you see the Superuser app, it means you are rooted. :D

I tried doing this many times but when the phone reboots theres no superuser app in my mob .. so plz help me . What should i do ?

Feb 27, 2018
Please help I've been trying for days its on ginger bread so i tryed to put a difrent one on through odin but don't think I done it right so now I am tying to do this??? I've followed guides looked on so many forums but it's been doing that in this pic ages? Also now I can't get recovery to come up only odin but like I say that's just taken so long.....Please if anyone could help I'd be so grateful GT-S5360

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root your Galaxy Y

Nice guide bro but
    The most easiest way to root is using AROMA installer to root by manoranjan...

Go here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822445

Try my mod...

Xperia NxT MoD v1.5 For All GB
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1967172

Sent from my GT-5360 with Xperia NxT MoD using xda-premium
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanx I did'nt knew it!!!!!!
    looooooooooooooolllllllllll

So looks like you know everything..thought I could help you with your English.. PM me if you want help with your lessons..and I'll teach you to type too.. XD
    PS- Don't hold down the keys for so long.. XD

Sent from my Galaxy Y GT-S5360. Press thanks if I helped you.
    Android Version: 2.3.6
    Baseband Version: S5360DXKK2
    Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7 root@DELL136 #1
    Build Number: GINGERBREAD.DXKK4

thats my version.. Is it ok if i root it using your method ? Thanks in advance

It's ok as long as it's a y.. :)

Sent from my Galaxy Y GT-S5360. Press thanks if I helped you.
    Latest binary! Thanks pressed

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium